It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Moore, Possibly the Best and by far the longest acting 007 Agent Passed a way!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

He represented for many years the archetype of efficiency in Intelligence and combat against crime combined with that smooth manners and protocol that is characteristic of the British culture.

Sir Roger Moore passed away today in relative calm of his privacy at Switzerland contrasting with the extreme action of the character that made him so famous, he was 89 years old. He was suffering cancer along his last years.

Please check
www.bbc.com...

Ironically for the role he represented in films his death came the day after of the second major terrorist attack in British soil in a row on this 2017.

His characterization of the 007 agent in 1970s was extremely successful since he was able to balance the cold mind and force of the character in such a way that a really cool way to handle any situation was able to coexist with a warm social personality that became a masculine standard of charm always irresistibly seductive over extremely interesting women in the same activity.

According with some Polls of popularity Sir Roger Moore was the best 007 ever, others claim he was second most famous actor that had the role only after Sean Connery, but what all agree is that he was by far the one that remained more years on it for about 12 in total.

Please check:

metro.co.uk...

www.foxnews.com...#/slide/1

archive.boston.com...

We saw him still in the character for more time that no body else, in 1980s, and again coming back in the 1990s hosting other interesting series of Mystery, like the Secret KGB files.

Please check:
The Secret UFO KGB files: The UFO encounter that almost sparked a nuclear war.

The Secret KGB files: In search of the visitor Tomb in Ancient Egypt.

The Secret KGB files: The psychic experiments and the Russian Rosewell incident.

OO7 James Bond was not his first famous role , he was for already famous in the action TV series The Saint (1962–1969). The Saint ran from 1962 for six seasons and 118 episodes, making it (in a tie with The Avengers) the longest-running series of its kind on British television.

Please check
The Saint Tv series

Sir Roger Moore was also well known for his humanitarian work - he was introduced to Unicef by the late Audrey Hepburn and was appointed as a goodwill ambassador in 1991.

Peace in his tomb to the most famous agent ever serving the Queen.

The thread is open to all his fans and particularly the ones that want to discuss his characterization of the legendary film action role and compare with other actors in the same one.

Sean Connery, who survives him, has not yet broken his silence with respect to Moore death but years ago released a brutal critic comparing his characterization with his of James Bond

Please check:

Sean Connery about Roger Moore James Bond Characterization.

Thanks.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 5/23/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
IMHO, Moore was the last REAL James Bond.

He was also fantastic in "The Saint" and "The Persuaders".

In one of those weird cases of synchronicity, yesterday I bought Moore's autobiography.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Connery all the way for me mate. He was a genuinely tough mofo (in his day) who could have been a 'James Bond' in real life.

Still, us late Gen X guys grew up with the Bond movies and loved Roger Moore's Bond films too. Personally, I think he went a long way on not very much and fair play to him.

He wasn't an acclaimed actor, he was a seasoned journeyman who got to work at a highish level for decades. Who needs acclaim when a nation remembers you fondly?

He was a good guy.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think the best Bond is the one that you grew up with. With that said, it's Roger Moore all the way for me.

Some of my favorites:

Octopussy
Moonraker
A View To A Kill
The Man With A Golden Gun

Bonus: His cameo in Cannonball Run

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I appreciate all the comments that are arriving in the thread, this last two days have been of continuous mourning in Great Britain, hoping to have a James Bond that stops the terrorist wave.

I like your answer, I think is pretty intelligent, although it is not easy to say it is completely fair.

We always remember the character associated with the actor that portrayed it according with our own generation.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
May God rest his soul, I've enjoyed his work my whole life

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Anybody remember him for this
Before his acting career took off

www.google.co.uk... KLcAKHW0fD4IQsAQIJQ&biw=1242&bih=602

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Well, it was not easy to succeed in such a demanding role after somebody like Sean Connery.

If we remember the first James Bond chosen to replace Connery was able only one film to carry out with the character.

Now, Roger Moore was already a phenomenon of the British TV before to incarnate 007, his version of El Saint was top rating for years.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 5/24/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

top topics

join