It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Representative Tulsi Gabbard introduces Bill to end warrant-less spying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sounds like someone has been taking lessons from the Ron Paul school of rights and liberties.

Its kind of strange when we need a law to stop a practice which is already illegal, specifically under the 4th Amendment.

But I guess this is what its come to.

The handful of decent public servants now have to introduce legislation which stops the government from further violations of the law.

Here are some pics for those of you who may not know her.

Too bad shes not a Republican.

edit on 23-5-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I did not hear her quote the resolution number, can we find the text of it from the congressional website?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
đź‘Ť

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I'd love to see this bill get some traction... but sadly will not be holding my breath to see warrantless spying come to a halt.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Funny, she doesn't look like a crazy, racist, anti-American terrorist supporter.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Doesn't matter what her party affiliation is to me.

This is a bill I can get behind.

When people get blinded by my party vs your party they forget that their is good and bad apples in each party.

edit on 23-5-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Possibly just another controlled opposition operation.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I can get behind anyone promoting liberty and the Constitution. Party is of no consequence.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I was hoping that the Dems would have put her in charge of the DNC to put that messy house in order.

They might have a little better luck of getting a woman elected to POTUS if they nominated someone like her vs. Hillary.
edit on b000000312017-05-23T12:51:50-05:0012America/ChicagoTue, 23 May 2017 12:51:50 -05001200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok I tracked it down. H.R. 2588

As of 05/23/2017 text has not been received for H.R.2588 - To amend the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 to codify the prohibition on the acquisition of "about" communications under section 702 of such Act.

Bills are generally sent to the Library of Congress from GPO, the Government Publishing Office, a day or two after they are introduced on the floor of the House or Senate. Delays can occur when there are a large number of bills to prepare or when a very large bill has to be printed.

Looking like we won't see the exact wording and text until later in the week. Lets stay on this, its a good move and we should give it our support if the words fit the description.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Agreed.

Good job.

I'll be calling my Rep as well as others that I think will support this: Massie, Amash, Paul etc.

a reply to: SolAquarius

True.

I was insinuating that a Paul Gabbard ticket may have been nice.

edit on 23-5-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ok well the text was finally updated.

A BILL

To amend the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 to codify the prohibition on the acquisition of “about” communications under section 702 of such Act.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the “Preventing Unconstitutional Collection Act”.

SEC. 2. Prohibition on acquisition of “about” communications.

Section 702(d) of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (50 U.S.C. 1881a(d)) is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraph:

“(3) PROHIBITION ON ACQUISITION OF about COMMUNICATIONS.—The procedures adopted in accordance with paragraph (1) shall ensure that—

“(A) the only communications acquired, intentionally or otherwise, under subsection (a) are communications sent or received by a targeted person;

“(B) any selection term used to conduct such acquisition shall apply to information concerning the sender or recipient of communications, and may not apply to the contents of such communications; and

“(C) there are methods in place that are reasonably designed to carry out subparagraphs (A) and (B).”.

Im sleepy right now, but just thought I would update that real quick since I am way too drowsy eyed to read it. See what there is later.

new topics

top topics

join