It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lets it fly as civilians killed by US airstrikes in Syria increases to all time high

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: dfnj2015

From what I can see...our foriegn policy in the ME is a mishmash of profiteering, all under the guise of "humanitarian concerns."

Oil, opium, infrastructure, arms sales...that's why we are there.

That's basically it. People might be able to see it if the pictures of a few dead soldiers weren't held up at concert and political rallies and the narrative of be patriotic and "terrorism is gonna get you" played over and over.

The saddest part is...all these people living in fear. They are allowing far-reaching powers for their federal government, even to the point of infringements of rights, privacy and more.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Spacespider

Just dumb..Do you think the Vietnamese villagers wanted to hide the Vietcong or their food, weapons in Vietnam..damned if they do and for sure dead if they don't.
These poor people cannot win.

No room for bleeding hearts.. that will not end this war
More people will die if we do nothing.
The full force solution will save more people then being passive

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy, well it has been for some time but..hey, why not ramp it up.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Real easy to say.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Call me a bleeding heart, but you know what does end wars, talking not bombing.
edit on rd4605201751967 by Simon1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon1967

But they do not want "talk" they want our heads on a stick..

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Wrong. they have hated us as long as we have existed. we are not muslim and as such are hated. Its nothing new. We have been hated ever since hagar and Ishmael were thrown out by Abraham.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Simon1967
Herein lies the issue with the U.S.-versus-them catch-22:

We are expected to abide by certain rules of engagement, but most of those against whom we are fighting in the Middle East do not recognize or abide by the same rules. So what do we do as a nation "at war?" Do we just let them consistently hide in homes, mosques and hospitals because they know that we will generally not attack them there, where they can turn those places into bases of operation while we patiently wait for them to get far enough away to attack them?

War sucks something fierce, but when a country has rules that the other ignores, the options are either to also start playing dirty, or go home.

Personally, I prefer the latter option, but if that's not what's going to happen, we need to either decide as a country to fight to win, or we'll be having this same damn discussion in another 15 years...

Like I said, war sucks, and there's nothing dignified or pretty about it.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Blame ISIS.

Those trapped under ISIS rule would prefer bombs on their heads and take their chances to survive than the brutality they are under.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

If you think that there are not people who will care more now that it is Trumps bombs killing these people, you need to do some real world research. And you suggesting that I am callous is a joke.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

To the left it is a matter of who is in the WH (R or D), it is not about the poor civilians that are in a horrible situation.

pretty sure the left is against war and against bombing civilians and very much in favor of inviting them in as refugees because those kids and families have it really awful and they are truly in crisis

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Catalina22

I didn't say they didn't care about collateral damage, I said they will now have a problem with it.

I think this will now be a huge problem with the leftist libs. Of course they didn't raise a stink when O was ordering the bombs dropped.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon1967

Unfortunately, history does not agree with that generality. I personally wish that it did...

Less than a 75 years ago, civilians and cities were 'targets' (economics vital for an OPFOR etc.)...

Greater effort today is made to protect civilians, but it will never be sterile.

mg

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

a few years ago i read a hefty book by somebody who told a different story.

but please provide references so i know what to believe

confusing

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Catalina22

References for what?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

that they don't care about collateral damage

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Wrong. they have hated us as long as we have existed. we are not muslim and as such are hated. Its nothing new. We have been hated ever since hagar and Ishmael were thrown out by Abraham.

Another reason that ALL religion is stupid.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: yuppa

Another reason that ALL religion is stupid.

Well If its Mis used and mishandled it can be. Religion is best kept to yourself as we are to do. we are to witness but not to force or shame anyone into it either. we arent to judge either.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Maybe before we bomb terrorists in Syria, we should stop arming and training them there.

then maybe there would be no need to bomb them.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A lot of those civilians are families of IS fighters, wives and kids. A lot of IS fighters are from countries like Uzbekistan.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join