It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: North Korea Fires Projectile At South Korea...South Korea Responds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: shawmanfromny

We should be dropping Western music on them not bombs.

Only if we want them all to kill themselves..

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
some Kid flys a toy plain and all hell brakes lose.
or was it a kite.
you lot are with the government, screaming for war.

you never learn. Iran!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Yeah, until that kid flies a nuclear bomb toward a target....then will you take the blinders off? The dam is ready to burst and people just want to play the blame game or ignore it altogether.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Seems like fat boy wants war.

Flying a drone over your enemy's territory , if it did go over the Souths territory ,is not an indication someone wants war.

How can diplomacy work when Kim Jong-un continually escalates the tension?

The South did the shooting.
War will start with an attack on the North not the other way round.

Under international law No the Sk were in the right. The drone was a provocation and can be considered a weapon. SO technically the NK's fired first.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Kim Jong-un

That's Supreme Leader of North Korea to you.

I mean the man is the leader of North Korea, how about showing him the respect he deserves and use his title instead of his name.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

He gets no respect from me TROLL

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Since NK didn't fire a projectile I am somewhat baffled about your headline.

Also I don't see a war happening in Korea anytime soon.
I don't think NK wants a war.
The status quo is much better for both sides.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Flying a drone over your enemy's territory , if it did go over the Souths territory ,is not an indication someone wants war.

Under international law No the Sk were in the right. The drone was a provocation and can be considered a weapon. SO technically the NK's fired first.

Any provocation can be legally responded to in proportion to the provocation.

So in other words, they can rightfully fire at unlawful drones entering their airspace.

But to light up the sky with MLRS and Paladins is simply not proportional.

I'd like to cite the drone that Iran captured - the US entered their airspace to spy (most likely) and they captured the drone. It was provocative but had Iran responded by firing a barrage of missiles at the gulf fleet would have been complete insanity and not really justified at all.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Um...no. 49 years...I was in High School... in 68.

USS Pueblo captured - Jan 23, 1968 - HISTORY.com

www.history.com/this-day-in-history/uss-pueblo-captured

"On this day in History, USS Pueblo captured on Jan 23, 1968. Learn more about what happened today on History."

edit on 23-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The 60th Anniversary by the way....wont happen for another 11 years...from now.

Pueblo Incident | United States history | Britannica.com

www.britannica.com...

Pueblo Incident, capture of the USS “Pueblo,” a Navy intelligence ship, and its 83 crewmen by North Korean patrol boats off the coast of North Korea on Jan. 23, 1968

Grandpa was mistaken. Sorry

edit on 23-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: yuppa

Any provocation can be legally responded to in proportion to the provocation.

So in other words, they can rightfully fire at unlawful drones entering their airspace.

But to light up the sky with MLRS and Paladins is simply not proportional.

I'd like to cite the drone that Iran captured - the US entered their airspace to spy (most likely) and they captured the drone. It was provocative but had Iran responded by firing a barrage of missiles at the gulf fleet would have been complete insanity and not really justified at all.

Funny i didnt mention anything about artilillery or rockets being fired did i? they fired warning shots from a machine gun on the SK side.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I respect your opinion and hope you're right. Look, I do realize that there have been numerous skirmishes between North and South Korea in the past, but lately Kim Jong-un's regime have been the ones acting aggressively. Mr. Kim rules by intimidation and fear. How many of his family members and senior and mid level officials have been assassinated? Who used a deadly nerve agent to kill his half brother? So, this is a man the world can trust, as he develops a nuclear arsenal and threatens countries? Kim Jong-un can't take care of his own people, so he threatens them with brutality and brain washes them from birth to treat him like a "god." North Korea's regime could care less about sanctions and international condemnation. The new South Korean president stated a week ago that he would be open for formal talks with North Korea to restore peace to the Korean Peninsula. Then shortly after this announcement, (May 21), Mr. Kim tests a medium range ballistic missile...which is the eighth missile launch they've conducted this year! Now, we have a DPRK drone invading South Korean air space and you state, "they can rightfully fire at unlawful drones entering their airspace. But to light up the sky with MLRS and Paladins is simply not proportional." What would you consider "proportional" in response to North Korea's multiple missile tests, their quest for nuclear arms, or to their non-stop, threatening, warmongering rhetoric? This irrational and provocative behavior by North Korea is a serious problem and it would indicate that they're not interested in a formal dialogue with South Korea, China or the US. As far as them starting a war...who knows?
edit on 5/23/2017 by shawmanfromny because: punctuation

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: intrptr

Seems like fat boy wants war. The war rhetoric from North Korea has been out of control lately and now this.

The US wants to invade all of Korea. Will say and do anything to justify it in Americans minds.

CORRECTION: The MEDIA wants to invade all of Korea. And, the MEDIA will say and do anything to justify it in American minds!

Big difference!!!!!!

"The Media" is but one head of the Hydra. The official narrative.

You divide that beast any way you like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join