It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Give Up. Daily Mail is Using 4Chan as a Source.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I seem to remember someone in particular using similar tactics in order to milk this forum for S&Fs.

BOMBSHELL! Rep. Joaquin Castro Says Some Trump Associates Probably Going To Jail

My response to that thread is below:

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

That you would even make a thread with the word probably in the title is beneath you, my friend.

You are so much better than that.

I could list more of your hypocrisies.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Hey bud...'mornin' to you. You said it in your op:

"Why would anyone print this? The editorial decision making at Daily Mail is often questionable but this, this is sub-"National Enquirer." There you go...

The Sun, Weekly World News and other rags and sites make their bread and butter with "news". Nobody said it had to be real or accurate or reflect the truth. Just the opposite. It is just "reporting".

So...they are doing their job...too bad many actually believe in that crap and "BAT-BOY" *
*ie: WEEKLY WORLD NEWS-look up the picture!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

But I thought all the Lefties think these "sources" will be proven true ?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
But,But, the source lived in DC for twenty years. Everyone from Washington DC is considered reliable. Even the Washington Post is reliable because it has Washington in it's name.

Now I am not a reliable source, I am a Yooper. If I was from LA or New York instead of the U.P. then I would not be a Heathen.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

The difference is, The Washington Post and New York Times, AP, etc... typically flesh out as true, anonymous sources and all.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: EartOccupant

The difference is, The Washington Post and New York Times, AP, etc... typically flesh out as true, anonymous sources and all.

Really?
Post a few examples.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

At least that's what they SAY they do.

Maybe the DM is actually one of the "anonymous-in-the-know" sources WaPo uses.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Glad you are finally giving up.

I hope you keep your word,

^^ my nomination for "Best Post of 2017."

The only source I can think of with less credibility than Daily Mail and 4Chan would be the OP considering their irreproachable history of partisan grandstanding against conservative views. Being a man to give credit where its due I'll also say the OP also demonstrates peerless dedication to their own liberal views. A question for another thread might be to ask if healthy dialog is possible when party lines are the basis of your perspective.

About KDC, 4chan and Daily Mail -- they all lack credibility on some level. There is no doubt KDC hyped the email leaks during the election and its very plausible he was an insider on the situation which may be why he was so vocal during the campaign about the HRC e-mails and Wikileaks. HRC mowed him down as Sec of State and he has every reason to lobby against her. Before we just KDC let us first

Aside from an casting an indelible impression on the DNC over the timing of the murder of Seth Rich, if KDC can prove beyond the shadow of any doubt that Seth Rich was the leaker to Wikileaks the entire "Russia Election Influence" narrative becomes merit-less and I think Russia may deserve an apology if that is the case. I mean... Obama did call Putin and told him to "Cut it out", right?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Glad you are finally giving up.

I hope you keep your word,

This is my first post in this arena so please bare with me... This is also my last so pointless looking for a fight as partisan trolls/shills are not worth à silent fart as far as I am personally concerned.

I hope the OP keeps to his/her words and finally disappears off the face of this site that deserves much better... (as well as the other partisan trolls and shills EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THEIR NAMES)) and we can finally rediscover ATS as is defined by ATS.

Thank you

Lags

Just curious about the right wing shills too. I'm sure you want them gone as well, right?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
I hope the OP keeps to his/her words and finally disappears off the face of this site that deserves much better... (as well as the other partisan trolls and shills EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THEIR NAMES)) and we can finally rediscover ATS as is defined by ATS.

Thank you

Lags

An echo chamber of agreement? I'm not sure that is what "deny ignorance" is supposed to mean.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Except the source for that OP was a sitting US comgressman and a member of the House intelligence committee who has attended classified briefings and been apprised of classified intelligence. He has a name. He has an office with a phone number, an email address — hell, probably even a fax number — and a reputation of his own.

So yeah not the same thing at all. Not even a little bit. Also, thanks for pointing out that the quality of my sources, even as a forum poster, far exceeds that of the Daily Mail, a newspaper.

Anything on your list that is an example of actual hypocrisy or just more fail?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You're a yooper? How didn't I notice that before? I'll be in the UP in a matter of a weeks to bury my father. Debating whether or not I want to fly into Ironwood or not. I'm not big on prop planes.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I wasn't being literal. It's an expression denoting exasperation.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I hope one day you won't be an unfunny idiot but I doubt either of us will be getting our wish. Unfortunately for you, I'll be here triggering the s# out of you for the foreseeable future.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It's right in the OP:

When used, unnamed sources are vetted by the journalist (or should be) and effectively, the journalist is putting their reputation and credibility on the line. Clearly, using a "source" that is an anonymous 4chan post offering no evidence of anything is not that.

Keep your word.

Yawn.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Sounds about on par with NYT / WaPo / etc / etc / etc everyday posting "bombshell" "stories" that start with "an anonymous source told us".

Ya know, like half the stuff you go on abut....

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

One need only to click on your username to see your list of created threads.

Stick to your paranormal reader's digest, we all like those.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

How very kind of you. Please see Deny Arrogance if you're interested in joining my fan club. Thanks!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That was not the point. But I see you already layed way to get out of your promise.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

How do you put up with that nonsense? # like that is why I rarely post threads in the mud pit. I'd rather talk about the thread topic than spend time picking apart every hater on ATS' offtopic zinger they feel compelled to add to every post addressed to a liberal. I mean, even the person you are responding to in this post I'm addressing admits he is new to these discussions but thinks it is appropriate behavior to ad hominem you instead of address the OP.

As for the OP, I mean it's the Daily Fail. Quoting 4chan is par the course for those bozos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join