It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD is Ultimately Responsible For All Evil - But The Big Picture is Based on LOVE.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
God is the water in which evil men bathe to wash away their sins.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Mathew 4
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[d] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”[e] 11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Ok I know how people hate scripture but this might help understand Christianity and what it teaches

This world is not Gods, satan offered the world to Christ and Jesus didnt want it

A few days ago I read a thread where someone was moaning, complaining and sooking that christians want Jesus to come back and end it all.

Its just mindlessness sometimes

Raggedyman, I am sorry to be picking on you tonight. But think about the logic of your post above.

This world is not Gods? Is God not all powerful and created THIS world? Are you saying that God cannot take this world from Satan? And if this world is not Gods, than why the H#$* are we worshipping him?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

It's mind blowing I know but the definition of the word "God" includes "Omnipotence" and that word means all powerful which indicates all powers of all types in all ways are God's. It is by pure definition the case and must be the case. Otherwise the words are meaningless.

God can be omnipotent, that doesnt mean He is always omnipotent.
Doesnt mean that God is always practicing His Omnipotence
Sometimes a soverign king will handover their leadership to another for varied reasons.

If he is not ALWAYS omnipotent, than He is not omnipotent because by definition he would temporarily be in a state to not be all powerful and able to do "anything", according to your statement.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: carewemust
Assuming that GOD (the Creator of all Things) is OMNIPOTENT, doesn't it follow that EVERYTHING that occurs within the Universe is condoned and enabled by GOD?

Have you read the book of Job?

Job 1:7 sounds like God doesn't even keep tabs on what Satan is doing. Satan just pops up in heaven (that alone deserves a WTF) and God was like "what have you been up to?"

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

I used to dutifully read the Bible, until it occurred to me that it contains so many weird and also conflicting passages. Take Job 1:7 for instance. WHO told the human who wrote that passage about this visit of Satan to God's "house"?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Right, I was a believer as well but when you start asking that kind of question, nobody really has a good answer.

It was at that point that I started seeing the big three for what they were, mythology.

I remember reading about Greek, Roman and even a little Nordic mythology in school but it was never held to be gospel. They were just stories. As I got older I realized that the bible is full of the same kind of stories with no real reason ever given as to why these stories were supposed to be valid.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

God created us with free will, we were a unique creation, so dont blame him for what people do, its simply a test for humans and they are responsible for what ever they do, its not like this life on earth will stay forever, its merely few hundreds of thousands or millions or what ever number you want to put compared to eternal life in paradise, so look at it as if you are a student in a class and having a test where you do your best or screw things up so at the end its your responsibility not the teachers, intervention is like cheating.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
There is a whole lot of stupid going on in this thread...

God gave man free will he does not control your actions or those around you nor the circumstances which may be fall you which might bring you suffering...

This does not take away from God knowing all things and you can be sure he will remember the way you thought acted and spoke in this life... This is a test after all...

Or did you forget that?
edit on 23-5-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrperplexed

Mathew 4
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[d] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”[e] 11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Ok I know how people hate scripture but this might help understand Christianity and what it teaches

This world is not Gods, satan offered the world to Christ and Jesus didnt want it

A few days ago I read a thread where someone was moaning, complaining and sooking that christians want Jesus to come back and end it all.

Its just mindlessness sometimes

Raggedyman, I am sorry to be picking on you tonight. But think about the logic of your post above.

This world is not Gods? Is God not all powerful and created THIS world? Are you saying that God cannot take this world from Satan? And if this world is not Gods, than why the H#$* are we worshipping him?

Some common theology teaches, if you go by the bible, God gifted this world to humanity, in Eden.
When Adam and Eve sinned they gave the world to satan, gave up humanity's authority
If you read a few parables you will,see this teaching clearly.

2 Corinthians 4 4

Type in to google
"How is Satan God of this world" and do some research, I don't have the time at the moment

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Raggedyman

EXODUS 22:29 seems sketchy:

Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of thy liquors: the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me.

Yes, that was Gods message to the Jews, no issue
I don't understand your point

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrperplexed

originally posted by: Jinn82
Have you read the Old Testament, God was evil in that, He ordered people to kill each other, He smited cities, made nations fight each other, made people sacrifice children etc. He was a nasty God in the old testament.

It isn't until the New Testament when He becomes forgiving

Where did God make people sacrifice children, thats just dumb

RaggedyMan are you serious?

You mean outside of the story of Abraham? The old testament reads like a Game of Thrones script. Which we all know Jesus in the new testament said, For verily I say unto you, Till. heaven and earth pass, one jot or one. tittle shall in no wise pass from. the law, till all be fulfilled.

I am serious, where did God make anyone sacrifice children
It's a serious question

You made the statement, answer the question

As for the Old Covenant, if you are not in the New Covenant with Jesus then you are still under the Old Covenant of Moses
The Old Covenant is still the law, not one jot or title, yes that's true. in Jesus we have a new law, new covenant
That's basic christianity

And yes, the bible reads like a horror story, it reads like that for a reason, it's a warning
What's coming is going to be worse

edit on 23-5-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
We live in a binary (0/1) universe AND we all follow a Script written by our Creator. Even the Gods She created - even they are Scripted. This world from Eden to Endtime: it's a recording. This world will end again in late 2018 and begin again in days of Eden, over and over, forever.
Why are we here? We are here to Progress by overcoming Adversity - it's the meaning of life.

Job strove with God and God answered him sternly. But I won't do that. I mean - how can you know the mysteries that I'm about to reveal?

Begin:
How do you know that even one child has ever suffered Adversity greater than he/she could overcome? We all love and protect kids...and to lose one, or see one suffer: that's a big part of OUR Adversity.

Our Mother is wise beyond our understanding; is anything too hard for Her?

Then why WOULDN'T She comfort Her helpless little angels? Big angels are sent to them; to dampen the pain, confusion and fear; to bring them anaesthetically powerful, medicinal, fantasy 'movies' to lose themselves in, as their little hearts light up with the love of a thousand miracles of hope and love unconditional...even as perhaps one or more of those precious little hearts seems to stop beating. Parents and onlookers are ripped in half by grief unbearable (pity us this - our hardest Adversity of all). But no tender, young, beautiful heart has actually stopped beating. If you've read your A u t h o u r i z e d KJV Bible--read it as if it were ALSO your daily food--you'd know that. But the Bible contains false prophets, too...and you know that, too. And you're right. Then what is this god? Answer: Yet more Adversity is God. We must fight God, overcome religion. Unbelievably profitable Adversity. In the overcoming of it.

In the overcoming of Him.

●There's no afterlife hell. ●Nor do any but the Son of man go to Heaven. ●God may be Scripted to abandon us, but our godmaker-Creator ''the most High' would never abandon us. ●Satan follows his pre-written Script, just like we follow ours. ●God did indeed provoke human (including child-) sacrifice in the Old Testament and because Jesus upheld all Mosaic/OT law, he Jesus was the same. ■You can learn more (no ads; no signup - not monetized) at:

the-light-on-earth-the-truth-at-last.weebly.com...

If you want to believe a man who wept rivers to Her until She reassured me that She controls everything including our necessary Adversities, then listen: I've gone through this with Her, for you. Yes, adults suffer more than children, because they are as the Children of the Light (Holy Spirit): Their load is light (manageable).

Even Jesus was on the right side of this issue:
KJV: Matthew 18: 10, "Take heed that you despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven."

And it can be told now, by the way, that our Father is really our Mother. You, uhh... you don't have any gender issues, do you? Any bias? that may act as a stumblingblock? Good

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

that`s correct,the bible also says that god`s kingdom is not of this world, we all know that a king has no authority or power outside of his own kingdom.
this physical world is not a part of god`s kingdom so why would anyone expect god to have any power or authority here?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
god? full of love?
puts his BEST angle out side to attack you.
and you thing god is good!

worship me Or Burn in Hell!
um, sounds like a nice god. yes???

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
if you go back to Cain and Abel's story. Where does it say Satan tempted Cain with hatred? Cain went on his own thoughts and did the killing.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It doesn't matter who the message was directed to. The context is sacrifices and it calls for the first born to be given unto god.

You asked where god made people sacrifice children. I pointed out that verse as a good contender. Pretty simple.
edit on 23-5-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The fall of man seperated us from God. God did not follow us. The fall of man was a dimensional shift out of the heart of God, into the dreams of Satans mind.

I know everyone wants authenticated, certified, registered, stamped "proof" record. And that's their entire problem.

You read children's stories and deny their origin and foundation as something much larger and harder to understand once Indoctrinated with physicality. (the ones who never stopped crying as a baby, they fill the nut houses to keep the rest from understanding.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Maybe your definition of G*d is flawed. Man's inhumanity to man is a consequence of free will.

Modern religions are instruments of control designed to keep the masses in check and subservient. The Creator's true nature is unknown to us. What we define as "good" and "evil" are merely aspects of existence in the physical realm. We choose to define what is "good" and what is "evil" but in the grand scheme of things, events and circumstances have no virtuous value, they just are what they are. Without death, there is no life. Without destruction, there is no creation. Without "evil" there is no "good".

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I would say that we first have to decide what GOD is. Is he a ghost? Is he nature? Is he the air? Is he a Greek God that watches down on us with a judgmental eye?

I dont know. I dont expect anyone to know this. Anyone who claims to know exactly WHAT "God" is clearly doesnt know what they are talking about. Jesus did use the best terminology he could at the time tho.

I like to call him this "fabric, or magical fabric". This magical fabric is all around us, like air. Its in all of us and all things living...I think nature...I like to think he IS us, I am God, you are God, Jesus did say he is within us all. We are all God.

With that said, God is everything...even evil. I truly feel like we would understand him/her/it better if we quit separating this "God and Satan". Got and Satan is within us all. Karma is a very good word to describe how it works. We do bad, bad things happen to us, we do good, good things happen to us. We have bad intent...bad karma comes around and vice versa. Karma can be good or bad...just as God can be good or bad...zoom into me, you, us...we can be good or bad. We have free will.

Love/compassion really is the answer to "reach God", "find yourself", "lift your spirits" (there are many ways to say it).

I really believe that its just that simple.
edit on 23-5-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jinn82
It isn't until the New Testament when He becomes forgiving

Maybe because with the exception of certain righteous spirits, like the Apostles. Spirits that arrive on earth in its time progression possess more divine qualities and therefore are in need of less Divine judgement as time progresses.

Perhaps people in the Old Testament era outside of the House of Israel were more Neanderthal than possessing divine qualities.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

ISIS I killing in the name of their beliefs just as the Templar Knights and the Crusades did. Neither can call each other Good or Evil.

The killing will never stop until everyone excepts the fact We have no clue and begin to work and think together.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join