It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This years super bowl would make one hell of a symbolic attack...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
And if you arent with us, you will be against us and be treated as such. Heavan help who doesnt get on board...

Bwah hah ha ha.. Come get you some then. I won't be going to war, nor will my children be going to war, not for you or any other right wing nut jobs. You go spill your own blood, sned your own children marching proudly into oblivion if you like. The Bush Regime and imperialist American Foriegn Policy has brought this terrorism and anti-american sentiment to a head, and I never have been a fan of cleaning up other people's messes. Jesus people, throw your nationalism aside for a moment and ask yourselves the proverbial question...
Why do they hate us? Do you honestly think they simply hate our culture? That democracy enrages them to the point they will sacrifice their lives? Wake up numbskulls, people don't hate other people for concepts. We have been meddling in Middle Eastern affairs since the days of Teddy Rosevelt, playing one group or government against another there for decade after decade. We have armed, funded, supplied and trained EVERY single terrorist threat we now face from that reigon at some point or another. WHEN YOU CREATE A MONSTER, YOU HAVE TO FEED IT. We couldn't just send them a check for our oil like everyone does, we had to go over there manipulate, subjugate, and often obliterate their cultures to feed western coporate interests. Of course they hate us, but for christ's sake have the open mindedness about you to at least wonder why. There is always three sides to every story, ours, theirs and the truth. To see one, you have to pull your head out of the other.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Go ahead, let Saudi Arabia attack us Again, maybe this time we will actually attack the people who attacked us. Also, go Eagles, I wanted my Vikes to go, but hell, wasn't expecting them to beat the Packers, so was happy they made it to the playoffs this year after a 3 year drought. Also, security is nothing to a plane.

And I agree, more like a Teeth of the Tiger then Sum of All Fears. Maybe a Executive Orders if they had any ebola or other deadly spread by air disease.(the plane attack happened in Debt of Honor and the story is picked up in Executive Orders) Also, go ahead, attack our leaders, make sure you get Dick, not just Bush, and Rice, hell, wipe em all out, we can start over again with a new government.(though the loss of so many great Americans would be sad, maybe wait for the Reps to have another Ball wasting tax payers money) Also, wouldn't join, go ahead attack the super bowl, nothing is going to make me invade Iran until they themselves attack us, and even then probably wouldn't till we get a non-war mongering oil bitch as president. Not like 9/11 where Afganistan and Saudi Arabia attack us so we invade Iraq.(Be like attacked by China so we invade Russia)

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I will say, I don't think that anything will happen. My point is that it would make a very symbolic attack - more so then most superbowls or sporting events in general.

If there were to be a terrorist attack on the superbowl, I think it would be safe to assume that the war on terror would be escalated. The US would come to a do or die situation with much of the middle east...Either you do EXACTLY what we say, or we will force you to comply.

I am not sure how the attack would be carried out. Nukes are out of the question in my opinion. It is much to valuable a weapon to "waste" on Jacksonville. A nuke would be reserved for New York, Washington DC, or LA. Besides, It would prevent the event from being viewed on live TV, so the psychological factor would be negated.

Air planes are out of the question as well, IMO. There is no way they would be able to get one close to the stadium.

Perhaps mass suide bombers? I don't know how they would get past security though. Perhaps they would want to attack those in line at security stations to delay/cancel the game?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The only thing about this year's super bowl that makes a juicy target for terrorists is the large bridge crossing the river that is right next to the stadium in Jacksonville. Pleasure boats are a common sight along the river. Suicide terrorists could have bought a fast mid-sized pleasureboat and loaded it up with a large ammonium nitrate bomb to make a run at the bridge when it is loaded with cars and buses headed to or from the game.

But security will be very tight. Police, Coast Guard, and FBI boats and choppers will be patrolling that river day and night this weekend with machine guns and assault rifles, and there will be bomb-sniffing dog teams at all the docks.

Again. The future of Sunni Jihadist terror in the West is more Balis, Madrids, and Beslans.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Slightly off topic!!

Its on ITV1 this year in the UK, means i can watch it for once without having to stop up till 2am to watch NFL on FIVE, we have some stupid ass Channel names!!

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
And if you arent with us, you will be against us and be treated as such. Heavan help who doesnt get on board...

yes mein fuhrer.

TPL

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I doubt an attack will occur Sunday, or throughout the rest of the year, in the US. I believe that the US has learnt it lesson about security, a lesson that will not be forgotten for at least 3 generations.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Not going to happen. I think people are giving too much credit to these terrorist. Since we have cut their money supply (Osama) they no longer have the resources nor the money to pull off such an attack. It is quite obvious where the majority of the terrorist are. IRAQ, and their not doing a good job over there. A car bomb here and a suicide bomber there, thats all they have left.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
Slightly off topic!!

Its on ITV1 this year in the UK, means i can watch it for once without having to stop up till 2am to watch NFL on FIVE, we have some stupid ass Channel names!!

A sightly off topic response question...

What kind of intrest is there in the superbowl and American football in general over in the UK? Do people watch it mainly for the spectical, or is their a lot intrest in the sport it's self?

Personally, I love watching premier league soccer, but find it a bit difficult to follow over here because of the lack of games on TV to watch. For instance, over the summer I was at a friends house, and I noticed real madrid was playing arsenal (I think) - then I noticed that Owen was playing alongside Raul and Zidane....That one caught me a bit offguard.

BTW - you better be rooting for the Eagles in the superbowl!

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
it'll never happen, there's more chance of a jetliner crashing than a terrorist attack.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehiatt
Not going to happen. I think people are giving too much credit to these terrorist. Since we have cut their money supply (Osama) they no longer have the resources nor the money to pull off such an attack. It is quite obvious where the majority of the terrorist are. IRAQ, and their not doing a good job over there. A car bomb here and a suicide bomber there, thats all they have left.

Umm...no. They have plenty of cash, as their money comes from Saudi Arabia and the Afghan drug trade (now skyrocketing), not Osama, always has, and Osama is still out there.

As for Iraq, only a few hundred of the insurgents captured and killed so far are foreign fighters, so in fact we are being faced with thousands upon thousands of new IRAQI terrorists. There are far more foreign terrorists in bloodier places such as Kashmir and Chechnya that by comparison Iraq is a picnic.

And with open borders, open ports, loose gun laws and literally thousands of places to kill large amounts of people with relative ease, we will get hit again, it just won't be at the Super Bowl.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh yes, no airplane could hit the stadium, all those 9mm bullets sure will stop it.(not) Unless you send up jets to shoot it down, no amount of ground security will stop a plane.
Also, I don't believe they will attack either, but I didn't think they would attack on 9/11 either....

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's only worth watching for the half-time commercials. But then, they are on the internet minutes after.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Behind the scenes, im sure we are going to have a backup plan to this, we will probably be patroling the border like crazy.

TPL

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by Stuey1221
Slightly off topic!!

A sightly off topic response question...

What kind of intrest is there in the superbowl and American football in general over in the UK? Do people watch it mainly for the spectical, or is their a lot intrest in the sport it's self?

Personally, I love watching premier league soccer, but find it a bit difficult to follow over here because of the lack of games on TV to watch. For instance, over the summer I was at a friends house, and I noticed real madrid was playing arsenal (I think) - then I noticed that Owen was playing alongside Raul and Zidane....That one caught me a bit offguard.

BTW - you better be rooting for the Eagles in the superbowl!

To be honest many people in the UK don't follow American Football, the only time it gets any notable coverage is around the time of the superbowl and even then most people don't have a clue about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Be sick if the score ended up being 9-11.

I doubt an attack will occur. Remember Al Qaeda and Terrorist want an element of surprise to increase success rate.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Whats up with the ten minute freedom ad? Is this the freedom bowl ?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No attacks, I just spent the last week getting the D.U.K.W. Boats ready for the Pats victory parade.

Go Pats!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yay to the Pats! If this game symbolized anything to me it would be the Patriots "citizens" defeating the Eagles "govt" lol.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ah well, looks like those crazy terrorists failed again.

Oh, and we have air interceptors up there now. F-16s, more than likely.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by junglejake]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join