It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left kills children by letting Terrorists in the UK Terror Attack should be a Wake Up Call

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you're a better person, then BE a better person.

I try to be a better person...every day. It's hard to be a better person or have a more positive outlook when people use these emotional tragedies to blame me for letting these sorts of things happen.

I didn't have anything to do with this, yet I am being blamed.

Hell, the way I felt last night, seeing the news unfold, if I hadn't of shut down my computer, I'd have been banned. I was that angry. Emotional.

I understand.

People are going to griever, react how they do.

That's fair. Just don't bring me or people who think like me in to this mess.

We are grieving right beside you.
edit on 23-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Stop giving them benefits, free housing, free healthcare, free education, and interpreters (we had one in court a couple of weeks ago here in the UK - been here 40 years can't speak a word of English) and they'll not only stop coming but a load will go home or to France or Germany instead.

Solves multiple problems in one easy step.

Yeah, so, this is all about hating foreigners isn't it? Why are some people so focused on hating others who had absolutely zero to do with this atrocity rather than the political terrorist organisations that spawn such attacks?

Are you proud of yourself, will you be proud of yourself if this turns out to be someone born in this country that none of your ethnic cleansing would have stopped?

Nice to see how low the balance has become on what is increasingly becoming a right wing xenophobic website when it comes to political issues - although there are honourable exceptions within this very thread.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I think this thread is a new low in how we conduct ourselves on ATS.

Quite sad.

Sad but true, I'm beginning to feel a little ashamed of some of the posts on this thread. I'm not sure what's more important to some people, speaking out about terrorist acts, or trying their best to spread division and hate.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
Sad but true, I'm beginning to feel a little ashamed of some of the posts on this thread. I'm not sure what's more important to some people, speaking out about terrorist acts, or trying their best to spread division and hate.

I think the vast majority of people on this site are compassionate and will try to avoid divisive behavior but in every group there are jerkoffs who have no qualms exhibiting this type of despicable attribute.

edit on 23-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Stop giving them benefits, free housing, free healthcare, free education, and interpreters (we had one in court a couple of weeks ago here in the UK - been here 40 years can't speak a word of English) and they'll not only stop coming but a load will go home or to France or Germany instead.

Yeah, so, this is all about hating foreigners isn't it? Why are some people so focused on hating others who had absolutely zero to do with this atrocity rather than the political terrorist organisations that spawn such attacks?

Are you proud of yourself, will you be proud of yourself if this turns out to be someone born in this country that none of your ethnic cleansing would have stopped?

Nice to see how low the balance has become on what is increasingly becoming a right wing xenophobic website when it comes to political issues - although there are honourable exceptions within this very thread.

He could also be pointing out the fact that nobody has to assimilate because of ridiculous liberal political correctness. You're paying people to live there and hate you and your culture. If you want to immigrate to a new country that's great. You should go there because you want to be a part of far superior western culture. Not because liberals and globalists offer you a stipend to form ghettos and bring your backwards culture with you.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I think this thread is a new low in how we conduct ourselves on ATS.

Quite sad.

It is a shame. We can bicker back and forth about politics or beliefs. That's fine. But we must remember that we are much closer and share much more in common than we like to admit.

We all have sons and daughters, brother and sisters, moms and dads. We all share the experience of what it's like to lose one of them.

It's horrible. Period.

I'm not going to use that experience as an opportunity to bash those I disagree with politically. They need a hug, not an attempt at political conversion.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

Every immigrant ever has brought their culture with them. The US is an amalgam of so many different cultures due to immigration that it is hard to tell where they got their origins from. Also, immigrants tend to form ghettos because they don't have a lot of money. That is usually the primary motivator for them to relocate countries. These things aren't a liberal conspiracy.
edit on 23-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Every immigrant ever has brought their culture with them. The US is an amalgam of so many different cultures due to immigration that it is hard to tell where they got their origins from. Also, immigrants tend to form ghettos because they don't have a lot of money. That is usually the primary motivator for them to relocate countries. These things aren't a liberal conspiracy.

Immigrants also used to legally come and make a better life for themselves through hard work. You either got a job and supported yourselves and became assimilated or you didn't and you went home. The entire equation changes when you're paying people to hang out and not assimilate or have to positively contribute. Also if you're bringing the culture of Sharia with you then just stay in whatever #hole you're at.
edit on 23-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
Immigrants also used to legally come and make a better life for themselves through hard work. You either got a job and supported yourselves and became assimilated or you didn't and you went home. The entire equation changes when you're paying people to hang out and not assimilate or have to positively contribute.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here because it seems that you words are decoupled from reality. If you are talking about illegal immigrants (which the thread isn't about in the first place) then you are dead wrong as illegals are some of the hardest working people in America. As far as the "not assimilate" thing. That is just anti-immigrant BS. There is no requirement to assimilate with American culture as an immigrant, and that is true in the UK or any other country in Europe you move to. There has never been a requirement like that.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think the vast majority of people on this site are compassionate and will try to avoid divisive behavior but in every group there are jerkoffs who have no qualms exhibiting this type of despicable attribute.

Granted, I think it's occasions like this that bring out the best in some and the worst in others.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Tempter

No sir, you and people like you are the reason we are in this mess. I'll bet you believe it best to hit kids who hit other kids to teach them hitting is wrong, eh?

And he wasn't apologizing for Muslims, he was stating that we have done and continue to do awful things to these people (killing them in far greater numbers) and sicko's like you think that's jolly good and justified.

"Doing awful things" like:

1) eradicate murderous leaders and their regimes

2) Sacrifice our own lives to help train theirs to police and secure

3) Try to bring about a democracy so they can have peace and prosperity

We're so awful!

It's not our fault these DESCENDANTS and FRIENDS of terrorists go on to fight like their murderous parents.

If you can't see a difference in what we do with good intentions VS the INTENTIONAL murder of innocent children, you are lost.

Add this to the end of all 3 of your points: So that the US held oligarchs and corporations can profit.

That would make your points ultimately correct.

If that's how you want to name it go ahead.

I prefer to say that when people are living in a democracy and have wealth they are less likely klto commit acts of terrorism. The evils of capitalism are separate, imo.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

He could also be pointing out the fact that nobody has to assimilate because of ridiculous liberal political correctness. You're paying people to live there and hate you and your culture. If you want to immigrate to a new country that's great. You should go there because you want to be a part of far superior western culture. Not because liberals and globalists offer you a stipend to form ghettos and bring your backwards culture with you.

Yeah. Glad you think you know what you are talking about. You don't though, do you?

The last time a bomb exploded in Manchester was 1996 by the IRA although thankfully no one died. Did you at the time talk about how evil white Christians were? Well, did you or didn't you?

You are all stoked up with hate at the majority, but not focused on the minority who see fit to commit these acts. good for you.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Immigrants also used to legally come and make a better life for themselves through hard work. You either got a job and supported yourselves and became assimilated or you didn't and you went home. The entire equation changes when you're paying people to hang out and not assimilate or have to positively contribute.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here because it seems that you words are decoupled from reality. If you are talking about illegal immigrants (which the thread isn't about in the first place) then you are dead wrong as illegals are some of the hardest working people in America. As far as the "not assimilate" thing. That is just anti-immigrant BS. There is no requirement to assimilate with American culture as an immigrant, and that is true in the UK or any other country in Europe you move to. There has never been a requirement like that.

There it is. Exactly why I blame the left for crap like this. The mere thought of asking somebody who's joining your society especially coming from # cultures they're fleeing, to assimilate and become an American/Britain or whatever first and foremost is racist. If you don't want to learn the common language and you don't love the country your immigrating too then get the # out and stop collecting taxpayer money.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Krazysh0t, although what you write is white, it's kind of a wasted effort isn't it, some people will never listen. I do find it weird though that once again, something that didn't happen in America turns on here to American issues..... isn't that just ATS for you.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Lol racist? How is it racist not to demand an immigrant to assimilate? Explain yourself. For one, a country's population isn't a "race".

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
OP what do you want???

A Travel ban would not have stopped this because the bomber was a British national.

Do you understand then how utterly stupid it is to say that a travel ban would have prevented this??

I really hate how after something like this happens ATS descends into a racist cesspit. And yes in the context of UK law quite a bit of this would be arguably racist.

The only way you will ever 100% stop terrorists is if you lock up the entire population 24/7 with no access to the outside world.

This stupid argument of "Send them all back to their own countries" is so stupid i cannot believe it even exists.

And its not a left vs right issue is a right vs wrong issue terrorism is wrong and terrorists dont give to shakes of a cats tail if you vote right or left.

Restricted immigration can stop home grown terrorism. Reducing the support network, resources and potential for brain washing from radicals who enter the country should all be considerations. Add restrictions to the internet, and punish hate speech more fully, and it helps cut the source of radicalisation.

Quite a lot of home grown terrorists are radicalised on the internet and can get support easily from abroad although i would say that in instances where individuals are proven to have supported or radicalised any individual in conducting a act of terrorism i think they should be locked up and then after their sentence sent back to where they came from.

I think the second part of your post highlights another issue.

Hate speech is already punished as far as it can be with out infringing on our rights to freedom of speech.

And we have just recently had the new digital security laws passed meaning the government can basically look at whatever they want of your personal data on-line.

So you call for more security how far do you want it to go, I personally think that just now it goes too far and is not proportionate to the threat faced.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yeah. Glad you think you know what you are talking about. You don't though, do you?

The last time a bomb exploded in Manchester was 1996 by the IRA although thankfully no one died. Did you at the time talk about how evil white Christians were? Well, did you or didn't you?

You are all stoked up with hate at the majority, but not focused on the minority who see fit to commit these acts. good for you.

I was 9. What's the IRA up to lately? I get to see daily examples of Islams wonders

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Lol racist? How is it racist not to demand an immigrant to assimilate? Explain yourself. For one, a country's population isn't a "race".

Under UK Law race, religion and nationality are basically all treated as one.

So if you say "I hate Mulsims from pakistan" then under uk law you are being racist.

Its a legal fact, not a opinion, you might disagree with it but its still the law of the land.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

It's kind of my fault to begin with. I brought up historical American immigration to describe immigrant behaviors overall, but he ran with it and took the thread further off topic so he could start checking off the partisan checklist of anti-immigrant catch phrases. Clearly he isn't even thinking about his rhetoric's meaning either if he is bringing up illegals in a thread on UK immigration.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Under UK Law race, religion and nationality are basically all treated as one.

So if you say "I hate Mulsims from pakistan" then under uk law you are being racist.

Its a legal fact, not a opinion, you might disagree with it but its still the law of the land.

So is it racist of UK not to demand an immigrant to assimilate with UK culture?

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join