It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left kills children by letting Terrorists in the UK Terror Attack should be a Wake Up Call

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: UKTruth

Stop changing the goalposts then, fella.

Man up and admit that closing the borders would have done absolutely nothing to stop this attack.

Actually closing them to war torn countries in the first place would have.
The influx of refugees in the 90's was the reason children are dead today in Manchester.

I think it better not to invite in the next generation of terrorists, which is the real point. The travel ban and extreme vetting makes perfect sense to be as sure as you can be that the problem is not being added to and accelerated into the future.

In case you hadn't noticed, radical islamic terrorists are trying to kill your people. Like the OP says this should be a wake up call to you, but as with other posters you seem to waiting for proof of death.. and like them, presumably not your own family. I guess you'd rather it was someone else's to wake you up.

edit on 24/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Strange how many people you are descended from based on various threads you've contributed to in the past, you are a truly multicultural person yourself, that must explain your confused view of the world.

I'm half Irish, raised a Catholic and I can tell you in my experience the IRA was hated. Why? Because they were criminals and they represented neither the community they lived in nor the religion they pretended to represent. Sounds similar to what we are seeing today doesn't it? I know you won't see that, your views couldn't be clearer.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Hey, no worries, you have gone quite a way back though, I could go back to the first Roman invasion or earlier if you want to see what real waves of immigration are

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Strange how many people you are descended from based on various threads you've contributed to in the past, you are a truly multicultural person yourself, that must explain your confused view of the world.

I'm half Irish, raised a Catholic and I can tell you in my experience the IRA was hated. Why? Because they were criminals and they represented neither the community they lived in nor the religion they pretended to represent. Sounds similar to what we are seeing today doesn't it? I know you won't see that, your views couldn't be clearer.

Yes i am mixed race... how strange eh?
Half Irish, raised Catholic. If you believe that there was no hatred in Ireland for England and no support for the IRA then you don't know what you are talking about. That much IS clear. There is a similarity though, innocent people are being killed and some, like yourself, accept it in the name of multiculturalism... I guess as long as the people who die are not people you know.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I am a Scottish-Australian Catholic. Half my family are Protestant Scots, the other half are Irish Catholic Scots.

I have seen the sectarian crap going on for eons.

Not all Irish supported the IRA. Not all northern Irish catholics supported the IRA.

My great-grandfather was involved with the IRA just prior to immigrating to Scotland, prior to the rising. His sons, all three of them did their duty to the UK in WW2 in the military. Despite all the bigotry they and others like them faced for being Irish, Catholic - the other. Not Presbyterian Loyalist Scots.

UKTruth - please stop generalizing to make a point. You do nothing to help it.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Yeah he was born to refugees who came to Britain after the first Gulf War - just some 25 years ago - and he was pals with a convicted terrorist in the same town who was the son of more refugees.
He is actually the poster child for why bringing in refugees is dangerous to our future.

According to official statistics there are approx. 2.8 million muslims in the UK.
In the year 2016, 3000 'potential' terrorists were watched by the police. Many were arrested: 125 Asians, 70 whites and 40 blacks (+25 of mixed ethnicity - 74% of those arrested were British). Home office 2017

Even if all those arrested were Muslims, that means that only less than 0.1% of all UK Muslims are a terrorist threat. A minuscule number. You have a bigger chance of being hit by lightning.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Yeah he was born to refugees who came to Britain after the first Gulf War - just some 25 years ago - and he was pals with a convicted terrorist in the same town who was the son of more refugees.
He is actually the poster child for why bringing in refugees is dangerous to our future.

According to official statistics there are approx. 2.8 million muslims in the UK.
In the year 2016, 3000 'potential' terrorists were watched by the police. Many were arrested: 125 Asians, 70 whites and 40 blacks (+25 of mixed ethnicity - 74% of those arrested were British). Home office 2017

Even if all those arrested were Muslims, that means that only less than 0.1% of all UK Muslims are a terrorist threat. A minuscule number. You have a bigger chance of being hit by lightning.

0.1% ... so that would be just the 3,000 terrorist threats then - that the police KNOW about, never mind those they do not know about . If we bring in a million more, we can happily add another 1,000. I guess if only a couple of hundred kids get killed that's acceptable so that we can add more refugees. Nice of you to play percentages with childrens lives.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
That awkward moment when you realize there hasn't been any major terror attacks in America since Trump's Policies have taken effect.

Did this guy forget about 9/11...?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Half Irish, raised Catholic. If you believe that there was no hatred in Ireland for England and no support for the IRA then you don't know what you are talking about. That much IS clear. There is a similarity though, innocent people are being killed and some, like yourself, accept it in the name of multiculturalism... I guess as long as the people who die are not people you know.

Excuse me, where did I say that there was no hate in some people in Ireland for England? Your usual pompous response that doesn't actually address what I actually said. I said that the IRA were hated, and hated by many for the reasons I gave. I compared it to the criminals now acting (allegedly at least just because ISIS say the attack was their responsibility doesn't mean it was, they said the same about Westminster but there is zero proof) under the banner of Daesh and claiming it as an act in the name of Islam.

To be clear, I'm against the criminal element in any society, regardless of race, colour or creed. I am totally against blaming the massive innocent majority for the crimes of the minority. That's where you and I differ completely.

Stop twisting my words to fit your argument, your hatred of Muslims is quite clear. The reason I made a point of your descent is you alluded you had migrated from Asia, not the Emerald Isle in a post last year - perhaps you had missed out a couple of generations for the sake of your point on that thread.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Guy, you're an dummy all to yourself. "Muslims" would fall under the Asian category. Did you forget your geographic lessons in elementary school? The middle east is in Asia. You can't assume when they say "Asian", they mean people with slanted eyes.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Influential358 because: PUNCTUATION!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

0.1% ... so that would be just the 3,000 terrorist threats then - that the police KNOW about, never mind those they do not know about . If we bring in a million more, we can happily add another 1,000. I guess if only a couple of hundred kids get killed that's acceptable so that we can add more refugees. Nice of you to play percentages with childrens lives.

Those statistics were to show you that you have a bigger chance to be saved by a 'son of refugees' doctor working for the NHS, than being killed by one.

You seem to forget refugees are people, just like you and me, and that one bad apple does not mean the whole lot is bad.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

edit on 24-5-2017 by Influential358 because: double post

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Power_Semi
Wow,, what a repugnant view, I guess it sums you up completely. You aren't 'on the side' of anyone but those who cause the divisions that end up with what the world is today. You are part of the problem, not the solution.

What the hell are you talking about.

It's easy to sit there and throw insults around - someone my daughter knows has possibly been killed in this - and you want to call me repugnant for being upset?

It's idiots like you that are the problem, whatever injustice has been done to you there is no excuse for killing children - except you seem to think when it's them killing our children.

Your logic seems to be that what we have supposedly done is bad, so it's just for them to kill kids - and being upset about that makes me the problem because dealing with the problem would be somehow infringing on their "rights".

I would say you have a warped view of reality but really you are coming across as one of the leftist idiots who have caused the situation we face - they can do no wrong but be upset about an atrocity like this and the people who did it and you're a bigot and a racist and that's worse than killing children?

Moron.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Good point.

My good mate was a refugee from Vietnam. She's now a psychologist who helps many people including migrants.
She came over at a time when there was a bit of a moral panic going on about Asians here, including the Vietnamese drug gangs (myself a victim of one one these gangs as a kid)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Influential358
Guy, you're an idiot all to yourself. "Muslims" would fall under the Asian category. Did yo uforget your geographic lessons in elementary school? The middle east is in asia. You can't assume when they say "Asian", they mean people with slanted eyes.

In the UK 'people with slanted eyes' are called Orientals. Asian ethnicity includes Afghans, Pakistanis, etc.

I know in the US Asians are Chinese, Japanese etc, but in the UK it's different. But you don't seem to have traveled a lot, it seems.

So much for the 'idiot' added in your reply to me....... hahahaha

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Excuse me, where did I say that there was no hate in some people in Ireland for England? Your usual pompous response that doesn't actually address what I actually said. I said that the IRA were hated, and hated by many for the reasons I gave. I compared it to the criminals now acting (allegedly at least just because ISIS say the attack was their responsibility doesn't mean it was, they said the same about Westminster but there is zero proof) under the banner of Daesh and claiming it as an act in the name of Islam.

To be clear, I'm against the criminal element in any society, regardless of race, colour or creed. I am totally against blaming the massive innocent majority for the crimes of the minority. That's where you and I differ completely.

Stop twisting my words to fit your argument, your hatred of Muslims is quite clear. The reason I made a point of your descent is you alluded you had migrated from Asia, not the Emerald Isle in a post last year - perhaps you had missed out a couple of generations for the sake of your point on that thread.

This has nothing to do with Muslims. It is about Radical Islamic Terrorists. It is you, and people like you, who keep lumping them all together and then blaming others for hating Muslims.

I did not ever say I 'migrated' from Asia. I am half Asian. Are you aware that two people make a baby and they might be from different parts of the world? Just checking as your pathetic attack line suggests you don't.

So, you are not denying that some Irish people supported the IRA. I said a high percentage, which is non specific. You can say 'some' if you like. The point is that there was support.

There is simply no need to import refugees into this country and add to the terrorist problem. Even if the percentage of refugees that are terrorists was as low as 0.1%, that is too high. Somebody needs to explain why bringing in refugees, that have every right to hate us after we bombed their lands and killed their people, helps this country, because at the moment it appears the argument is that adding to the terrorist threat is acceptable.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

In the UK 'people with slanted eyes' are called Orientals. Asian ethnicity includes Afghans, Pakistanis, etc.

I know in the US Asians are Chinese, Japanese etc, but in the UK it's different. But you don't seem to have traveled a lot, it seems.

So much for the 'idiot' added in your reply to me....... hahahaha

So maybe you should go back and correct your assumptions. And we're not talking about me. I didn't post nonsense and try to run with it.

But if you'd like to go off-topic and speculate, I've probably seen more new lands than your entire family combined for the last 50 years

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Those statistics were to show you that you have a bigger chance to be saved by a 'son of refugees' doctor working for the NHS, than being killed by one.

You seem to forget refugees are people, just like you and me, and that one bad apple does not mean the whole lot is bad.

No one is saying all refugees are bad. The equation is simple. We don't need refugees, but if we bring more in we will likely be bringing in more terrorists in that number. There is no logical reason to do it. The only reason is a sense of duty, which to me is not enough to balance out the risk of innocent British people being murdered.

You are also massively underplaying the issue by looking at the terrorist watch list. That doesn't begin to describe the problem of radicalisation within the Muslim community, but even if we just take the watch list, that is still too many.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

"Common sense" isn't a substitute for evidence.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

There is simply no need to import refugees into this country and add to the terrorist problem. Even if the percentage of refugees that are terrorists was as low as 0.1%, that is too high. Somebody needs to explain why bringing in refugees, that have every right to hate us after we bombed their lands and killed their people, helps this country, because at the moment it appears the argument is that adding to the terrorist threat is acceptable.

Would you be willing to tell that to a mother's face who is desperate for a safe place for her children to live and grow?

new topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join