It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left kills children by letting Terrorists in the UK Terror Attack should be a Wake Up Call

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: PepeTalk

Lol racist? How is it racist not to demand an immigrant to assimilate? Explain yourself. For one, a country's population isn't a "race".

Under UK Law race, religion and nationality are basically all treated as one.

So if you say "I hate Mulsims from pakistan" then under uk law you are being racist.

Its a legal fact, not a opinion, you might disagree with it but its still the law of the land.

So is it racist of UK not to demand an immigrant to assimilate with UK culture?

Depends on what you mean by assimilate, if you mean for them to abandon their religion and ethnic cultures then yes it could be deemed Racist. So if for example you refused to allow a Muslim to pray 4 times a day in a work setting you would find yourself up in court facing charges of religious discrimination which is covered under race laws.

If however you mean to stop a practice like genital mutilation (which is not exclusive to Muslim communities) then probably not because you that practice is illegal under UK law, but praying is not.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Lol racist? How is it racist not to demand an immigrant to assimilate? Explain yourself. For one, a country's population isn't a "race".

So if you say "I hate Mulsims from pakistan" then under uk law you are being racist.

Its a legal fact, not a opinion, you might disagree with it but its still the law of the land.

WTF are you talking about? You said expecting people coming to your country to assimilate to the culture was anti immigrant BS. You're the one implying its racist or xenophobic to expect them to make some effort

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So learn a little history before posting then. You don't see the wonders of any faith, you see the attacks by a terrorist organisation. I appreciate you may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but knowledge is a wonderful thing, ignorance is a crappy one.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think you are confusing my question. Pepetalk made the proclamation that an immigrant should be forced to learn the culture and language of the country they are moving to and if the country doesn't do it, it and the people who support that policy are racist. I was discounting that ridiculous narrative of his, but you corrected me with that semantics point so I was wondering if that correction really does make UK racist for not forcing immigrants to learn UK culture.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

It's kind of my fault to begin with. I brought up historical American immigration to describe immigrant behaviors overall, but he ran with it and took the thread further off topic so he could start checking off the partisan checklist of anti-immigrant catch phrases. Clearly he isn't even thinking about his rhetoric's meaning either if he is bringing up illegals in a thread on UK immigration.

No worries, and others were already saying the same thing. All about attacking the majority rather than focusing on those in any community who harbour hate. I'm just so disappointed that so many on ATS think the answer is to hate what is different to them...... disappointed but no longer really shocked.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk

WTF are you talking about? You said expecting people coming to your country to assimilate to the culture was anti immigrant BS. You're the one implying its racist or xenophobic to expect them to make some effort

I did no such thing. You are the one who brought up the word "racist" in this thread. Not me. I just said that there has never been a requirement to force immigrants to learn the culture and language of the country they move to.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

It's kind of my fault to begin with. I brought up historical American immigration to describe immigrant behaviors overall, but he ran with it and took the thread further off topic so he could start checking off the partisan checklist of anti-immigrant catch phrases. Clearly he isn't even thinking about his rhetoric's meaning either if he is bringing up illegals in a thread on UK immigration.

No worries, and others were already saying the same thing. All about attacking the majority rather than focusing on those in any community who harbour hate. I'm just so disappointed that so many on ATS think the answer is to hate what is different to them...... disappointed but no longer really shocked.

Well, to be honest, this conversation is ripe for reference with American politics. If done right. The US has dealt with many waves of immigrants over its time as a country, and every time the same patterns and responses arise from it. This is why most pro-immigrant material comes from the US. We are used to countering these ridiculous kneejerk hater reactions to immigrants. Europe and the UK on the other hand have been largely homogeneous and haven't had these types of waves. So all this is new to them. That is why anti-immigrant rhetoric is spreading throughout the continent like a wildfire. The arguments to refute that silliness require knowledge of American history and to expect Europeans to be intimately familiar with that subject would be a huge stretch (especially since Americans themselves suck at being familiar with it).

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

That awkward moment when you realize there hasn't been any major terror attacks in America since Trump's Policies have taken effect.

That awkward moment when you forgot to add the word "Yet" to the end of your sentence.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

A fair post, but Europe in the UK being homogeneous? No, not really, the UK has welcomed and been vibrant with people from around the world for generations at least. Homogeneous in the UK is being part of many - cities like Manchester, Leicester and London are part of that - bigger and stronger through celebrating the cultures of all of their citizens.

Plenty of kneejerk reactions over here though and although we share the same rules as any other European country (for now), people who are quite closed minded like to see people who are 'other' to themselves as somewhat different, the locals in many cases don't want to integrate with the newcomers but complain when newcomers then feel uncomfortable. Same old same old, that's why fringe parties like UKIP get support.

Anyhow, what this really has to do with the atrocity this thread is about remains to be seen - I'll make a bet right now that it's a UK born person brainwashed with the ideology of ISIS that did this, not representative of any culture, not representative of any faith. The morons who want to divide and hate won't like that, but hey, that's their problem.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Never let the death of little kids go without gaining a little partisan capital.

Says the defenders of abortion.

Same end as Manchester.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

That awkward moment when you realize there hasn't been any major terror attacks in America since Trump's Policies have taken effect.

That awkward moment when you forgot to add the word "Yet" to the end of your sentence.

You sound hopeful.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Well, to be honest, this conversation is ripe for reference with American politics. If done right. The US has dealt with many waves of immigrants over its time as a country, and every time the same patterns and responses arise from it. This is why most pro-immigrant material comes from the US. We are used to countering these ridiculous kneejerk hater reactions to immigrants. Europe and the UK on the other hand have been largely homogeneous and haven't had these types of waves. So all this is new to them. That is why anti-immigrant rhetoric is spreading throughout the continent like a wildfire. The arguments to refute that silliness require knowledge of American history and to expect Europeans to be intimately familiar with that subject would be a huge stretch (especially since Americans themselves suck at being familiar with it).

Silly Europeans getting upset with being blown up or raped both culturally and literally.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

but to say something like this, just a few hours after it happened, is beyond reasonable discussion.
yea condemn the terrorists, complain about not doing something to stop it, but to claim that people having a political ideologically are killing kids when it is so from the truth is just wrong.

the left leaning people didn't strap up and detonate that bomb. if it pans out as suspected it was religious nut jobs that did it.

Ugh... So if I am working in an establishment and there are a crowd of thugs outside and I say they should be let in because they are just people etc. They are misunderstood and need a cuddle. They're good kids really.

Then they come in and smash up the place and stab a few people I could say "Hey, it's not my fault, I didn't plunge in the knife! I didn't throw the bar stools..."

This just hurts my brain...

There was another guy above you that said something similar, it's such a terrible excuse!
edit on 23-5-2017 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Stop giving them benefits, free housing, free healthcare, free education, and interpreters (we had one in court a couple of weeks ago here in the UK - been here 40 years can't speak a word of English) and they'll not only stop coming but a load will go home or to France or Germany instead.

Solves multiple problems in one easy step.

Yeah, so, this is all about hating foreigners isn't it? Why are some people so focused on hating others who had absolutely zero to do with this atrocity rather than the political terrorist organisations that spawn such attacks?

Are you proud of yourself, will you be proud of yourself if this turns out to be someone born in this country that none of your ethnic cleansing would have stopped?

Nice to see how low the balance has become on what is increasingly becoming a right wing xenophobic website when it comes to political issues - although there are honourable exceptions within this very thread.

No it's not about hating foreigners, I love Germans, French, Danish, Russians, Americans, Italians, Maltese, and practically everyone else on earth - the ones I hate come from one particular demographic, they create carnage, unrest, violence and suffering everywhere they go, and they do it over and over again because people like you come out with the same tired old # while they slaughter people with impunity and you keep telling us how great and peace loving they are.

Lets face it - if these people did not exist a lot more people would, and there would be very little violence, war or strife from one side of the planet to the other.

You make excuses for them all you like, I like any sane and right thinking person have had enough of the lot of them.

They can stick their god or sky fairy or prophet or whatever they believe right up their arseholes and f*** right off.

I'm on the side of the children they just slaughtered, you can side with them if you want to but it speaks far more about you than it does about me.
edit on -05:0020172America/ChicagoTue, 23 May 2017 13:27:23 -0500_rdAmerica/Chicago0527 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Have people not noticed all the Muslims dying every day fighting on the front lines with ISIS, never mind all the Muslims killed in the terrorist attacks by ISIS. I live in Manchester a Labour run, left wing city. # you and your #ty hate filled ranting.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

'Crowd of thugs'.

Multiple situations could happen (but you've chosen to view this in a very warped black/white scenario):

1. They come in and smash up the place
2. They come in and have a nice hot meal
3. They come in and use the restroom

Also, try this on for size - Re: 'Crowd of Elderly'

1. They come in and smash up the place
2. They come in and have a nice hot meal
3. They come in and use the restroom

If statistically the elderly crowd was as likely to do it as the 'thug' crowd, would it be wrong of you to group all 'thugs' together like that as the primary cause?

It hurts your brain because in your mind you've decided who are 'thugs' and already made up your mind about what they're going to do (regardless of your accuracy). The rest of us aren't so quick to judge a book by its cover (or in this case by our ingrained racist or xenophobic tendencies).

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Police have named the bomber as Manchester born Salman Abedi , he was 22.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yep, it was hard to find the name of some "bomber".... at least, much harder, then planting that bomb in the stadium a few days before the concert ....

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

i said it back on page 2,

they are not going away anytime soon and as it has been said it could be one of the home grown variety. you know some wanna be.
My Post

now doesn't the OP look foolish, it was a 22 year old UK citizen who's family had lived in the UK at least more than 22 years, he had a older brother that was born in London, he's a wanna be.

no lefties let him in, he got his own brand of jihad training.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Out of respect of the events that have happened, this thread should be canned. I'm all for freedom of speech but using warm bodies as a means for political speeches.... you people never fail to surprise me with the depths that are taken for brownie-partisan points and stars on an Internet forum.

After reading about the events, I went out for dinner and a movie to appreciate the little things.

Good to know it only took about three hours for the diehard partisan-fangirls to come about and use dead children as a platform to shoot off their ignorant and retarded voicebox.

So your only for Free Speech if it doesn't offend you? Please go back to your Safe Space. Because A Concert was supposed to be a Safe Space and we have Dead and Missing People right now.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join