It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Tops Ratings For First Time In History. Why? Fake News.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well this is thoroughly disheartening. While fox or any of the alphabet channels are not paragons of truth, MSNBC is the worst of the worst for bias and fake news (well, maybe CNN has taken that crown now, but I haven't seen any solid data on that).

MSNBC rode a wave of (mostly) fake news to the top of the charts. This is disheartening because so many people watched these fake news stories and likely believed them. Fake news is bound to happen on every network as they try to compete with the instant news of social media, but MSNBC never corrects these error's.
Here were their top stories:

MSNBC’s record week comes as repeated scandals have plagued Donald Trump’s administration. First came the report last Tuesday that now former FBI Director James Comey had written in a memo that Trump personally asked him to drop the investigation into possible collusion between Trump’s presidential campaign and Russia. That report was followed closely by another claiming Trump gave away classified information to Russian diplomats during a meeting in the Oval Office. Finally, on Wednesday, the Department of Justice announced that they would appoint former FBI director Robert Mueller as special counsel in charge of the Trump-Russia investigation.

1) Comey Memo inferring obstruction flies in the face of his sworn testimony, also this is a rumor of a rumor.

2) Trump giving russia classified info never happened according to the national security advisor who was in the meeting.

"at no time, at no time, were intelligence sources or methods discussed."

3)Actual News about a special investigator being appointed to Russia probe!

edit on 22-5-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Left Wing brainwashing is working !!

(according to sources close to the hospitals)

edit on May-22-2017 by xuenchen because: crazedoverblind

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
All news that I am ideologically not in favor of is fake news. I get ya

Yes, MSNBC is left wing propaganda, FOX is right wing propaganda, and CNN is just trying to find someone who will watch them long enough to get propaganda status.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Fox drops, MSN spikes..but its not unheard of. the right wing has a hat trick in government, so people want to hear the other side of the spin than what mother government is telling you to believe. You are disheartened that people aren't fully aligned with government at the moment.
I...find that more disheartening that you cant understand that.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Maybe you should actually read the OP before responding.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I am almost positive that Fox climbed in ratings when Obama was in office.

It's a good thing, actually.

Who wants to hear from a government (sponsored?) network? It's why MSNBC and CNN sucked during the Obama years.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Looks like MSNBC's new ad campaign "This is who we are" is working on people...because they ask the hard questions...LOL

MSNBC promo

There at least 2 other promos, one with Wallace and one with some other guy.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree with this. My problem is that it's MSNBC. If it were anyone but MSNBC I wouldn't be disheartened. MSNBC doesn't even pretend to care about another point of view.

link   

Trump is an entertaining clown. That's what we want; entertain us. The circus is in town! MSNBC knows how to get rating by focusing on Trump.

I actually watch Fox because the women news readers show us their legs, short dresses and big lips.

Who cares the "News" channels are just platforms to hang advertising on anyway.

edit on 22-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
This only shows that MSNBC finally has become a TV media Tabloid.

So said unnamed sources.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Let MSNBC enjoy their brief bump to the top. They don't have the talent required to stay there for long.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I agree with this. My problem is that it's MSNBC. If it were anyone but MSNBC I wouldn't be disheartened. MSNBC doesn't even pretend to care about another point of view.

Try looking at it this way.

They are anti-government right now. Sure, they lie daily. But they are anti-government and that's actually a good thing when you think about it.

Now they'll bend over like a prison bitch when their party gets in, but then their ratings will tank because they'll be "pro"-government.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just the fact it's news that MSNBC is first, is fake news itself. In all actuality, there're really in third place.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Why didn't MSNBC top the charts during bush? Fox did.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No they're not. MSNBC won overall viewers and the 25-54 demographic. First time in their network history.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Isn't MSNBC the one with an 11 year old boy named Madcow?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Why didn't MSNBC top the charts during bush? Fox did.

That's a really good question. I don't know.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: The3murph

Lol, that's the one!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Further confirms how out of step I am with the rest of the country. I couldn't even tell you what number MSNBC is on my cable box.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah.. along with a bunch of other networks. Hbo, comedy channel. They've brainwashed alot of people.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Yeah they like right-wing fake news like Fox news.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join