It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We've lost our way.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Not attacking mods here at all you know I love and respect all of you....however...

A huge reason for the downturn is that ATS has stopped enforcing its once strict guidelines on manners and decorum.

There use to be a time when intentional troll threads were shut down , and members who repeatedly intentionally trolled were removed.

One particular member comes to mind, I won't make names, but is a fairly new member since the first of the year ish, frequents mainly the political boards but often others....every single post is blatantly trolling and if it's not a political thread, they throw out "libtard" go on a rant about em , literally basically scream rah rah America , and then moves to the next thread....

It's so so clear what this member is doing, there was a time when this sort of thing wouldn't have been tolerated....

We're all guilty of going off the reservation at times, and sure there should be some leniency , but when it's blatant it does NOTHING to further the quality of this website or the discussions....

ATS management in my opinion needs to let the mods go back to the roots and standard we use to have here, yeah not everyone will be happy about it, yeah we will lose some people , but that USE to be an acceptable price for this great website to maintain integrity of its members and the board itself...

We weren't trying to be FOR everyone, or placate everyone, we were for those who respected the rules and regulations, respected each other even if they didn't agree...had an open mind and a lust for knowledge and the obscure.....
edit on 5/22/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: JinMI

You do realize the official "media" does exactly this, right?

So is it better to source a group/entity that is doing the exact same thing you are condoning?

I would hope that you realize that attributing a source to a person is what I am describing. Official media 'used" to do this.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Who is we?

For every action there is a reaction. The opposite of a loud minority is a silent majority.
edit on 22-5-2017 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Well, I'm trying to stick to the original vision. I thought this was one of my best threads ever but it was kind of luke warm received. Maybe people just don't like me which may be the case. Or maybe the audience hear is only looking for threads having an agreeable ideology. In terms of conspiracy secret stuff, I thought the metanoia films are really good ATS content.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Does ANYBODY understand ?

It's all because Pluto in Capricorn and, Pluto in Capricorn will be here until 2024 !!

It's all beyond YOUR control !!

I do! I do!

Skeery things happen when the Key Master and the Gate Keeper join forces

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't think it's as simple as you make it sound. Sometimes people are not trolling but actually believe what they are saying is truth. Not everyone shares your opinions and perspectives. I think the mods are fine I've read their rationales on trolling. I think it's fine. I've had threads and posts delete and I've had warnings. I don't take it personally. The members contributing content here are actually quite interesting even with the stupid political stuff.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Lots of things about the internet suck compared to the good ol' days.

Yep, the muggles were let in.

edit on 5/22/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I don't think it's as simple as you make it sound. Sometimes people are not trolling but actually believe what they are saying is truth. Not everyone shares your opinions and perspectives. I think the mods are fine I've read their rationales on trolling. I think it's fine. I've had threads and posts delete and I've had warnings. I don't take it personally. The members contributing content here are actually quite interesting even with the stupid political stuff.

I've been a member long enough to spot people intentionally trolling....

And trust me I'm well aware that people won't always agree w me, and not to toot my own horn here, but I'm pretty well respected by both sides here , so it's not so much that....

If i told you who the person was you would know right off the bat...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I appreciate your OP -- thank you! And I agree for the greatest part...

However, I gotta say that there are still some gems here -- both posters and posts, some that I agree with and some that I don't agree with. But anyone that brings new information or wisdom or perspective to an issue is an ATS treasure and I cherish them.

Those who have the eyes to see and the ears to listen will find them...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
OP starts well.

Then takes Democratic Deflection from Demonstrable Truth as example.

At least Bigfoot leaves footprints.

The Russians hate Mrs.Clinton for good reason.

"Collusion" and "Ties" are just a smokescreen.

Transparent logic failure I think.

Soros, The Clinton Foundation Donors and their motives, the Muslim Brotherhood effectively getting Top Secret intelligence are all issues with actual evidence.

Ask good questions......

I love ATS.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

That holds true here too. The star and flag system was originally designed to aid people in achieving what you just requested, forming a type of incentive for better content. The problem is that the prevailing belief systems might not be very intelligent, and so many flags/stars will go towards unintelligent posts that they agree with.

I appreciated the "horses" who have always been here. Unfortunately the mules are coming along as well and polluting the water here. I get tired of having to tell the mods that someone peed in the pond. Yes the mods have their work cut out for them here and I appreciate them for helping out. Looks to me like either we need more mods or they need to be tougher on who gets to stay here.

edit on 5 22 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: Just because

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I don’t know how to get out of the quagmire of the left/right paradigm that has invaded this forum, for that’s what it is.

If you read the pro-Trump posts they all lead to hate liberal rhetoric behind them even though Trump is not even a traditional conservative.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I’m still interested in finding out who is really behind Trump.

However, the obsession of the pro Trump people is political not based on seeking understanding of the deep state political system.

They imo foolishly aver that this is a deep state war on Trump while Trump goes about appointing billionaires to his cabinet

Its clearly not the case that Trump is clearing the swamp, but they believe it like cults believe in their leader--blind faith.

I have always said Hillary and Trump are products of the deep state system, But the Trump people have broken ranks and actually cultishly believe Trump is not a deep state puppet

That's the rudiments of the present problem

SO BASICALLY THIS IS THE QUAGMIRE: One side thinks their man is in the right( BROKEN OUT OF THE MATRIX) and no longer is a product of the system and that everything is okay. But any opposition to either Trump ON BASIC POLITICS or the inane idea that he isn't a regular puppet is argued here over and over and over.

edit on 22-5-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I think you've hit it right on the nose.

The political conspiracies in particular have driven a large wedge in the membership. What should be a time to rise to the occasion and live up to the essence of this site has devolved into a, well, a mud-pit. Each side is engaged in a battle to force the opposite to eat crow. There are no conversations only competition.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Again, the problem here boils down to something very familiar.

One group thinks their man can lead us to the Promised Land. Even though reality and facts refute this.

One group has become convinced their man is all truth. So other truths aren’t valid anymore

Like the truth that both Hillary AND Trump are ordinary regular puppets of the deep state.

In other words those of us who supported Hillary based on the lessor of two evils principle wouldn’t have defended Hillary like Trump supporters now defend him...

Sure the Russians helped Trump, so what, that doesn’t mean Trump isn’t a deep state player and puppet.

Sure the dems use this issue as a political wedge. That doesn't mean Trump is virtuous.

Sure Hillary is a no good corrupt politician, but so is Trump.

One side wants to leave the alt-politics of ATS and claim political victory in Trump. Whereas the still clear sighted stalwarts of ATS’ usual skepticism sees through this fantasy.

We understand basic politics versus advanced politics; the Trump followers have dropped off the bandwagon ( and many of them were always basic politicos of the left/right paradigm) of that understanding and now give allegiance and faith to basic politics, in that they believe Trump is really an outsider even though there is little to no proof of that.

Bottom line, there is no immediate resolution to ATS’ present problem. Maybe just hope things will change when Trump is exposed to all for what he truly is.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Great op!

However, what you may not understand or want to accept is that change comes through necessity sometimes. Maybe ATS would expose itself to a lesser economic model if it enforced what you say they need to enforce.

Indeed the world is becoming more crass each day and there are just less and less ATS kind of thinkers these days.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Does ANYBODY understand ?

It's all because Pluto in Capricorn and, Pluto in Capricorn will be here until 2024 !!

It's all beyond YOUR control !!

Pluto descending thru Capricorn.
The rough half.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

edit on 22-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

As a community we can establish proper sourcing, which I thought was already accepted before the US elections last year.

Actually sourcing in my experience in a lot of online debates always seems to muddy the debate further.

Sourcing is important, but I think should be used sparingly like someone specifically requests....

What I find most boring, and uninspiring are the endless debates about the validity of sources. So bored of it, and it literally shows up in almost every thread.

So I don't think we need more sourcing (and debates around validity of sourcing. I think it would make things so much better if people starting asking the right questions, and being more perceptive, not just believing things that fir their preconceptions or desired. Then things might slowly improve. But you can't just write a post about these issues and expect overnight reform. You have to be the change you want to see.

Open minds. Not with facts, but with the burning desire for truth and justice in every humans heart. & I dont mean senseless bickering raging.
That turns people off wanting to contribute, mods will even trash thread is they become too toxic in this regard. I've literally seen this happen in the past few hours... and frankly I don't blame them for binning the thread. It's embarrassing how some people conduct themselves in debates.

My theory. Some of this toxicity might actually being encouraged and manufactured in order to accelerate societal decline.
edit on 22-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It is not about the constitution. It is the difference in philosophies, thus the laws that get written from philosophies. I can't vote republicans because of cutting taxes for rich is number one goal. I can't vote a republican because of their stand on abortion. I can't vote republican because of their nation building and starting wars. I can't vote republican because they don't think as a nation we should have safety net programs. I can't vote republican because I like our institutions like the EPA, dept of education. There are a few.

edit on 23-5-2017 by MOMof3 because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join