It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Mad Cow Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Japanese man who spent time in Britain has died from mad cow disease

Link

Makes you think is this some goverment plot to grab the meet trade

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Mad Cow Disease spreads for one reason....the meat industry, when cows die, they chop them up and feed them to the other cows. So, if one cow has it and dies, it spreads to the rest that eat it. There's no conspiracy here. Just stupidity! and of course Capitalism. What a great way to save money on food for the cows...feed the dead ones to them....mmmm, yummy!!

Some human tribes that still practice cannibalism, also have been known to spread this same disease within their tribes. Some of these tribes believe that when a tribe member dies, if they eat his/her brain, they get to share that persons wisdom. But, in fact, they just get to share their diseases.

This of course poses the question, if a tribe member has some disease which puts them in a vegetative state and then they die, can a tribe member that's a vegetarian eat them?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I thought mad cow can only be spread if you eat the brain or spinal cord of a infected animal.

The Japanse eat some wierd stuff though so who knows.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I thought mad cow can only be spread if you eat the brain or spinal cord of a infected animal.

The Japanse eat some wierd stuff though so who knows.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

Thats what 'they' say but do you trust 'them' to look out for the health of the nation and not just the health of thier pocket books?
Personally if you knew that the steak you were hypothetically just about to eat right now was from a cow infected with Mad Cow would you eat it? I wouldn't... We do not know enough about this disease(we the public, I am sure that some corp or gov't agency out there knows whats going on... Monsanto and the FDA probably has a whole file of Patented Research on this)

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I thought mad cow can only be spread if you eat the brain or spinal cord of a infected animal

They actually are finding that it spreads to other organs....check out this article:

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I thought mad cow can only be spread if you eat the brain or spinal cord of a infected animal

They actually are finding that it spreads to other organs....check out this article:

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

top topics

join