It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Otherwise tech savy people will start taking matters into their own hands and just vigilante these people
by tracking their IP from twitter or some other forums
then going to their house and beating the # out of them guilty or no

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Otherwise tech savy people will start taking matters into their own hands and just vigilante these people
by tracking their IP from twitter or some other forums
then going to their house and beating the # out of them guilty or no

Unfortunately that is what it might come to if this continues.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: UKTruth

I find it all very suspicious, because it seems pretty clear to me that if the authorities always know who these people are, then they had a chance to prevent those singular individuals from performing the act in question.

It makes you wonder if the authorities let things like this happen!?!?!?!?

Just turn a blind eye

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I am now of the opinion that, the UK public will demand action in the form of harsher punishments, more efforts to stop terror attacks, and so the internet laws will change, security laws will change, greater police presence on streets in major cities

when those fail the people will take matters into their own hands, at first racist bigots will attack without care for anyone
and cause many problems and further divide communities

then they will have more expert groups who want to stop it but arent racist and they will take matters into their own hands and show up the police by getting results

the UK will descend into chaos

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Great first post. Unfortunately it will fall mostly on deaf ears. It's not a matter of hate, bigotry, or Islamophobia. It's simply a matter of reality. It doesn't mean all Muslims are evil or anything. On the whole, they have a bigger problem with violence than other demos. It's fantasy to pretend this isn't true. You ignore reality at your own peril. For example:

Say a woman is walking home at night, decides to take a shortcut through a dark alley. She sees a man down this dark alley. There aren't any other people around. If she decides to go another way, is she a bigot? Did she profile this poor (maybe) innocent man? Is she now full of hate? Living her life in fear? Or did she just acknowledge the fact that most female rape victims are raped by men and that a dark alley alone with a strange man might not be the safest place for her? What about when girls are told not to set their drinks down unattended at parties? Uh oh, they just profiled all the guys at the party. They have hate in their hearts. They are bigots right?

Time for everyone to wake up.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I am now of the opinion that, the UK public will demand action in the form of harsher punishments, more efforts to stop terror attacks, and so the internet laws will change, security laws will change, greater police presence on streets in major cities

They won't....

ATS is a very extreme site when you look at the views of most people, when you look at places like Manchester right now they are all talking about unity, communities coming together, there are Muslims out on the streets in solidarity with the other communities. I remember being in Glasgow after the airport attack and it was the same kind of feeling.

In the UK we have some of the most stringent laws on this stuff, the recent "snoopers" bill for example. I mean they can already view our internet history whenever they want and access other data so how far do you want them to go?

More could be done, but more could always be done. The UK Security Services are very good at dealing with terrorism, but they need more resources. In the last decade they have thwarted 13 attacks and conducted over 500 investigations. Last year the head of the Security Service said that they are investigating some 2000 individuals who are believed to be involved in terrorism. When you think about it, its amazing it has taken so long for a terrorist to actually hit the UK like this.

What we don't need is more knee-jerk laws coming into place that infringe on our civil liberties.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: ARM1968

Great first post. Unfortunately it will fall mostly on deaf ears. It's not a matter of hate, bigotry, or Islamophobia. It's simply a matter of reality. It doesn't mean all Muslims are evil or anything. On the whole, they have a bigger problem with violence than other demos. It's fantasy to pretend this isn't true. You ignore reality at your own peril. For example:

Say a woman is walking home at night, decides to take a shortcut through a dark alley. She sees a man down this dark alley. There aren't any other people around. If she decides to go another way, is she a bigot? Did she profile this poor (maybe) innocent man? Is she now full of hate? Living her life in fear? Or did she just acknowledge the fact that most female rape victims are raped by men and that a dark alley alone with a strange man might not be the safest place for her? What about when girls are told not to set their drinks down unattended at parties? Uh oh, they just profiled all the guys at the party. They have hate in their hearts. They are bigots right?

Time for everyone to wake up.

Spot on. Ignore all the smears about islamaphobia. It's just political language used to force compliance.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is unbelievable..

LONDON (AP) — France’s interior minister says that the suicide bomber who targeted Manchester is believed to have travelled to Syria and had “proven” links with the Islamic State group. Gerard Collomb said on BFM television Wednesday that British and French intelligence have information that British-born attacker Salman Abedi had been to Syria. He did not provide details, and said it is unclear whether Abedi was part of a larger network of attackers.

The Manchester Arena suicide bomber, Salman Abedi, allegedly returned to Britain from Libya just days before carrying out his deadly attack and is thought to have also travelled to Syria. The son of “deeply religious” refugees who returned to the North African country after Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s death, Abedi is said to have had “proven” links to the Islamic State by French interior minister Gerard Collomb, citing “British investigators”. Collomb said he had been informed that Abedi was a “British citizen of Libyan descent, but who grew up in Great Britain, and suddenly, after a trip to Libya and then probably to Syria, [became] radicalised and [decided] to carry out this attack”.

Not only was this guy on known to police, if the French Interior Minister is right, he had proven links to ISIS AND he flew out to Libya and Syria and returned to kill innocent people.

How the F*** did the authorities let this happen!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Its amazing how off-topic this thread has become.

Why are we having a silly debate about immigration and the nature of Islam.

Why are we not now having a discussion about links to Al-Qa'ida in Libia or what's left of the LFIG or what the Security Services knew about him, why not discuss the mobilisation of troops, the identity of the possible bomb maker, the risk sill posed to the UK???

Why are we not discussing the stuff that actually pertains to this attack???

I suspect its because as we all know ATS is not actually about these kind of things any more but is actually a mouth piece of the alt-right.

Any excuse to hate on those guys with brown faces that pray to that funny named God, eh guys??

God i am fed up of this place that you utter morons, because that is what you are, idiot, racist, scum bags who have destroyed ATS!!!!

Can you not find a KKK or SIOA forum to post you hate on because lots of us on ATS are getting fed up of you lot hijacking our website.
edit on 24-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Mclaneinc

arent the uk watching something like 8000 individuals for terror suspicion ?

surely we have enough man power to cover these 8000 people ?
isnt there a task force set up to specifically deal with this a nation wide operation ?

Last year the head of the Security Services said there were 2000 individuals under suspicion with links to terrorism.

It would seem that this guy could have been one of those individuals.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just posted a little update from sky news about a raid in Manchester city centre.
They're looking for possible accomplices.

Don't think it got noticed.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Just posted a little update from sky news about a raid in Manchester city centre.
They're looking for possible accomplices.

Don't think it got noticed.

That is because very few on ATS actually want to talk about what has happened, they just want to turn it into another propaganda piece for the xenophobic alt-right.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

They're more worried about real threats, like charging anyone who questions how this happened with a hate crime.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Nice display of your own bigotry.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, for those that are interested, there's been three more arrested.
No real details at the moment but an announcement is due soon.
I'm switching between a few different live streams but its mostly "filler" stuff until the announcement so I'll try another little update when there's something a bit more solid.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Yeh when that ISIS guy came up to glasgow to Kill that muslim guy in shawlands 2 minutes walk from my house
the scores of supporters out there to support the family and community of every race and colour were out marching and holding vigil for him and to say that they would not let something like this break them.
However we dont have the same "multicultural" problems others cities do

When I was referring to what I think will happen, its what I know the tory party will push for as they do everytime.
I fear that will happen, but like you say if community is stronger in manchester then good on them , they can work out their problems themselves without government assistance

I dont know why you think so many are racist against brown people in this thread
I noticed alot of people dont like islam , but thats not racism
I noticed many are against further destruction by radical islamic terror
so wish there should be stricter controls on entry from those countries

I detest racists and bigots so please just point them out rather than just say "some are being racist"
call them out so we can tell them to beat it

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
skynews are reporting that the father of the bomber is saying his son is innocent. im not sure if he means the bomber or the other one that was arrested

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

and it happened on the tory watch !

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

the UK will descend into chaos

No it won't. The UK has survived terrorism - notably the IRA - without a breakdown of order. The police and security services will win, so will the "human rights" lawyers, but that's another story. Justice will be done and justice will seen to be done.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

One of the dead was an off duty WPC.

No names. Four to five days before rest of names released.

Armed officers will be on the streets. Military supporting Police but no military patrols.

Investigating "a network" no details.

That's all for now.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join