It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I disagree.

Suicide bombers aren't the valued bomb makers. Usually it means this guy went to the Middle East to acquire his bomb/vest or trained bomb makers from the Middle East are nearby where the attack happened.

He likely is a part of a network with ISIS contacts at a minimum.

CX

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Sorry but this # makes me hate Muslims in general and if its racist i don't give a #

Not racist i guess as Muslim isn't a race....but i see what you are hinting at.

You could ask yourself if you started hating all Christians because of how the IRA behaved in years gone by?

I doubt it....but it's kind of the same thing.

Besides....the attacker was British born....does that mean i have to hate all Brits now?

CX.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Well were all one race so actually its not racist.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

And I disagree, any nutball can slap together a shrapnel IED. The first thing that came to my mind was a couple of DIY pipe bombs in a vest. I'm betting I'm not far off from the reality, either.

Loony tunes high schoolers in the 90's were making shrapnel pipe bombs. It really isn't rocket science.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Like i say its making me hate Muslims

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think this thread has spiralled into an argument about people's different opinions rather than the matter at hand. People including children are dead. many members here are displaying huge amounts of ignorance across a wide range of topics. Some of you need to learn respect and how to deny ignorance and ultimately some members comments on here display the ultimate differences in the world that lead to the same chain of events that just repeat that lead to events like today and in the past and in the future.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

And I disagree, any nutball can slap together a shrapnel IED. The first thing that came to my mind was a couple of DIY pipe bombs in a vest. I'm betting I'm not far off from the reality, either.

Loony tunes high schoolers in the 90's were making shrapnel pipe bombs. It really isn't rocket science.

Pipe bombs don't kill 22 and injure 120 odd people though. The security services seem to be hinting at collusion in this case.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Pipe bombs don't kill 22 and injure 120 odd people though. The security services seem to be hinting at collusion in this case.

Depending on the materials used, yes they do have that potential, actually.

Edit: See what I mean here, article from '93:

articles.latimes.com...

In one of the worst pipe bombings in Southern California, one that contained 15 pounds of explosives blew up in a locker at Los Angeles International Airport in 1974, killing three people and injuring 36 others.

edit on 5/23/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Again, Imams and neighbors need to be proactive not reactive.

Link

Neighbours of British-born Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi have revealed the Manchester United fan's 'strange behaviour' in the weeks before he slaughtered 22 people. The 22-year-old Manchester-born attacker was heard 'chanting Islamic prayers loudly in the street' outside his home in the south of the city. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

and it sounds like, although 'unconfirmed' the parents left the UK. This is another indicator in many attacks.

Police are trying to determine whether Abedi, a Manchester United fan who appears to have been radicalised within the last couple of years, acted alone or was part of a wider terror cell. There were unconfirmed reports in Manchester that the whole family, apart from the two elder sons, recently returned to their native Libya. Read more:

People saw a change coming...

Hall, 26, and Abedi lived close to each other in a row of run down terraced houses in the Moss Side area of Manchester. They later ended up living next door to each other in a nearby street and went to the same school. Hall said: 'I saw him last year and he had a beard thing going on. We didn't speak but just nodded to each other. I don't remember seeing him with beard before.' Hall said they grew up playing together on the street around their home. 'He and I had a tussle many years ago when we were kids. It was over nothing, but he always had a bit of an attitude problem. I can't say I really liked the man.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Depending on the materials used, yes they do have that potential, actually.

Edit: See what I mean here, article from '93:

articles.latimes.com...

In one of the worst pipe bombings in Southern California, one that contained 15 pounds of explosives blew up in a locker at Los Angeles International Airport in 1974, killing three people and injuring 36 others.

Appreciate the link. It wasn't a pipe bomb and it wasn't an idiot with gcse level science according to the reports. It was a bomb belt from what they are saying.

Pipe bombs don't throw people 30 feet.

Man describes explosion: BBC News

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Yeah thanks for the pious words dad.
How about challenge the specific posted words you disagree with instead of making a blanket statement about how you feel discussion should develop?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Sticking a pipe bomb in a locker and creating a vest to wear and detonate are two totally different things. Yes, if you want, you can create pipe bombs but it is the delivery mechanism that counts.

This was a suicide bombing which to me cranks it up a notch. You can leave a package...or a backpack....or throw a pipe bomb but deciding to strap explosives to yourself to give yourself up for your god is, well, a different ballgame all together.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
I called my brother this morning as he lives about a mile from the arena and he said it was carnage. He also said that the arndale shopping centre was closed this morning amidst concerns that there was another attack. His friend works in the bar in the arena and had just clocked off and was walking out when it happened. Crazy, can't remember anything like this in Manchester since the ira

Your brother's friend is fortunate to make it out of there. It's likely that he saw the bomber, has he been interviewed by the police? He may have useful information.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

In typically British, quiet understatement, the Bishop of Manchester had this to say:

There is a proper anger and rage in the face of events like this. Our challenge will be to direct that rage and anger to be a force for good. rochdaleonline.co.uk...

Massive challenge really, trying to find a way to be the sort of force for good that will prevent future atrocity.

Hate sees compassion as weakness so I am at a loss at how we will ever meet this challenge.

CX

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

No...it's you deciding to hate all muslims.

How about trying not to?

Seriously, you either don't know any, or enough muslims, or you are not willing to even stop yourself hating an entire group of people. It's a choice you can make.

CX.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: szino9

Yet so called Christians have still murdered since the crusades

The point isn't about Christians, nor Muslims, it's that HUMANS kill other humans, doesn't matter what "tribe" they belong to when 2 tribes come to disagreement there will be death and destruction

It's saddening that people cannot see that this is the reality and are quick to forget our entire history of death and destruction and treat current events like its something that's never happened before

Valid point.

Well that does it then, no need investigating radical islam.

In fact, lets just drop all punishment or investigation of any murder whatsoever. Humans kill each other, and have and always will, so there is no sense trying to stop it.

Thank you for your very relevant comments here! Please forward them to the victims family to let them know there that we don't need to bother with an investigation because you know the answer "Humans kill each other". I am sure that will comfort them.
edit on 23-5-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX

No...it's you deciding to hate all muslims.

How about trying not to?

Seriously, you either don't know any, or enough muslims, or you are not willing to even stop yourself hating an entire group of people. It's a choice you can make.

CX.

I suppose if someone could explain just why people should accept islam in countries where the ideology has no historical relevance and offers no specific benefits, then a lot more people would be a lot less angry right now, right?

link   

No.

If it were that easy most suicide bombers would kill far more, as this one did. 20+ dead and 50+ injured isn't something any old schmuck can make. And if they could, we'd have bombings like this far more frequently.

link   
anything on the woman this morning who was interviewed on skynews.
she said she was near a woman who was acting weird and jumpy, and then disappeared before the bomb went off

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

edit on 2352017 by Catalina22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join