It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

There might be some isolated incidents, but I don't think we at the point of a consolidated backlash.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

22 dead 119 injured of the injured 50 need to go to the hospital..... 8 year old girl yougest dead ISIS claimed it is their doing

www.dailymail.co.uk...

anyone else see this"?? there was a tweet (posted 4 hours before it happened) prediciting this attack would happen but it was not passed on because of "privacy"" "TWITTER refuses to comment on why this threat tweet was not passed to the police...see the link for more info

edit on 23-5-2017 by research100 because: added a couple words

edit on 23-5-2017 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

Islamik ISIS needs to be wiped from the planet.

Period.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

that's heavy

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can we just give up the Nutella and Gummy Bears, send them to ISIS and make peace?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Don't know where you live but I do know that people are feeling very angry at present.

Last week in the town where I live a 21 year old immigrant from Syria - yes, one of those 'children' we took in - raped a young woman as she was walking home.

I live in a town that is really quite tolerant, albeit with a reputation for being relatively violent - many people I know are feeling at the end of their tether and are ready, and very able, to take the law into their own hands.

From speaking to friends in various other towns and cities throughout the UK I suspect my town isn't unique.

edit on 23/5/17 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't dispute that there is anger, and as I said there may well be some incidents. We are not yet at the point where there will be large scale disorder yet, but that doesn't mean that we tolerant and law abiding Brits don't have limits.
edit on 23-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
the police are doing an interview on the news now

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Don't know where you live but I do know that people are feeling very angry at present.

Last week in the town where I live a 21 year old immigrant from Syria - yes, one of those 'children' we took in - raped a young woman as she was walking home.

I live in a town that is really quite tolerant, albeit with a reputation for being relatively violent - many people I know are feeling at the end of their tether and are ready, and very able, to take the law into their own hands.

From speaking to friends in various other towns and cities throughout the UK I suspect my town isn't unique.

Us Brits are not fond of being backed into a corner...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

I don't dispute that there is anger, and as I said there may well be some incidents. We are not yet at the point where there will be large scale disorder yet, but that doesn't mean that we tolerant and law abiding Brita don't have limits.

its reported that a mosque. not the best source but im sure this wont be the last
mosque arson

edit on 23/5/2017 by kerrichin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I don't think a backlash, which will be totally unfair when it happens, is far away.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

I don't think we are in a corner yet, do you?

There's a danger politicians will over-react e.g. internet monitoring, which is I think the easy way out. There does need to be a more robust challenge against Islamic schools, radicalisation and multi-culturalism.

However, let's see what the profile of the murderer was.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

englands seemed tense for a while now. no matter where i go people seem to be arguing about politics and not just the usual banter really going at each other.
the bbc programme three girls last week reignited the hatred towards the Pakistani communities in rotherham this is just one example

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You will have noted that I did not say it won't happen.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I just soiled my laptop reading some of the hatred on that certain white supremacist forum.
I hope they are just keyboard warriors because there is trouble to come if they act on their posted emotions.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And what law would they take and break in their own hands?
The fight has to start with our politicians, to start admitting the cluster f in the ME is theirs
from removing leaders from power that kept the ME in check.
That it is they themselves who are most responsible for the current conditions.

edit on 23-5-2017 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
Can we just give up the Nutella and Gummy Bears, send them to ISIS and make peace?

That's not going to work.

Neither is a military response.

History shows there are ways to beat terrorism and ways to make terrorism worse. Look how the IRA was sidelined, or ETA.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well his name is not a usual Christian, Sikh, or Hindu one.
My money would be on radicalised Wahabbi Islamist.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: Miracula2

History shows there are ways to beat terrorism and ways to make terrorism worse. Look how the IRA was sidelined, or ETA.

Only problem is that ETA and the IRA were open to negotiation, you could and they did, just sit down with those guys and bash out the problems over a table.

Violent Islamic extremism is a totally different ball game where negotiation is almost impossible.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

How do you negotiate with individual nutters who are willing to blow themselves up?

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join