It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Very true unfortunately.
a reply to: satellite1

I know they exist, I wouldn't say they don't. Sick people come from all walks of life, ever been on LiveLeak? It's not reserved to any colour or creed, I'd class many of them as mentally ill.
a reply to: UKTruth

The problem is money, and rights.

I know people who overly like watching videos of people being killed, I consider them to have mental health problems, it isn't normal. But just like a criminal conviction, sectioning someone under the mental health act requires evidence, evidence legally acquired.

Even then we simply don't have the resources to deal with it, I know people no longer with us that were known by the right authorities but they simply didn't have the resources to help enough or they were not considered high enough risk to themselves or others.

It's not a dissimilar issue.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't always agree with Xcath on a lot of other threads but in this I welcome the users contribution

On topic,we have made ourselves targets by our actions in the Middle East and have turned a blind eye to our home grown guys going over to Syria to get what we want there without thinking about the consequences of battle hardened religious fanatics coming back and indulging in campaigns here

My heart goes out to the families and friends who have lost people close and dear to them

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Who needs to travel in time, how about our governments just say , right we are not going to interfere anymore and we aren't selling weapons anymore
and we apologise for all the # we have done to your country and your people
and hope that you can forgive our actions against you

we apologise and help with aid
and thats it

that is a small start towards healing what we have done , sorry what we have allowed our governments to do in our name

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Who needs to travel in time, how about our governments just say , right we are not going to interfere anymore and we aren't selling weapons anymore
and we apologise for all the # we have done to your country and your people
and hope that you can forgive our actions against you

we apologise and help with aid
and thats it

that is a small start towards healing what we have done , sorry what we have allowed our governments to do in our name

That kind of naivety is the same kind that appeases every time an atrocity is carried out. Generations upon generations of hate is not going to be appeased by one side saying sorry. This is also not a one sided issue, history is littered with multiple conflicts and multiple sides.

We need to deal with the problem we face today, not sing kumbaya whilst kids are getting blown up.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

The Brits were in Syria providing 'support' for their Americian friends just the same as Australia was.

I do not beleive for one instant that you would argue in good faith that the Brits did not kill even one Syrian child despite only supposedly only bombing ISIS.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, apologies.

Woman on SkyNews reported a woman at the concert she sat next to with "strange behaviour"
Woman acting strange before concert ended

Dawn Waddy was at the Manchester Arena with her daughter Holly and a friend when they became suspicious at the behaviour of a woman sitting next to them before the explosion. She told Sky News: "We had somebody sat next to us, looked very suspicious, she was fidgeting all the time with a bag - on the floor, across her - she was by herself. "She was looking in the direction of where the explosion actually happened all night and smirking to herself. "I got suspicious myself and my friend - who was actually sat next to her - said 'I don't like this'. "She was fidgeting with her bag, and the zips on and off, hands in the pockets. It puts you on edge."

She goes on to say the lady disappeared a few minutes before the end of the show and bags weren't checked before the show.

I'm thinking it might have been a lady with mental health/intellectual issues or someone making a mountain out of a molehill. I would hope anyway.

i saw that, either a woman trying to get on tv or like you say making a mountain out of a mole hole. or perhaps the guy who blew himself up had a helper perhaps

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

how long did it take to grt rid of Abu Hamza?
Too bloody long.

people like that need a swift trial followed by execution and, all those who supported and sheltered them need to be taken out of our society.

keep killing the hate preachers and demolishing the mosques they preach at and we will be in a much better place.

not pc, not remotely protecting free speech, but we are in a war and the enemy needs shutting up.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
ISIS have claimed responsibility. Just reported on Sky news

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

So lets stop terror with more terror ?

fight fire with fire is it

has any of our nations tried being compassionate no , because our leaders are not compassionate
psychopaths and sociopaths cannot be empathetic , or show compassion

they are devoid of that ability
so why would we let them speak for us when they speak you know they are lying
it doesnt work because our government doesnt work
they are dishonest and corrupt so why would anyone take their word for it , we as a people need to change our democracy and look after one another as humans and even our neighbours in other countries.

and just like Trump says , we need to drive them out , starting with out own corrupt politicians
drive them out and make changes

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
ISIS just claimed responsibility. They say it was one of their people - they did not say it was someone who was acting for them as in other recent atrocities. This was a direct attack from them.

link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
ISIS have claimed responsibility. Just reported on Sky news

Of course they would, even if it wasn't directly them.

edit:

Islamic State group 'claims the Manchester attack' Posted at 21:51 So-called Islamic State (IS) has claimed it was behind the attack. The statement was made via IS channels on the messaging app Telegram. The group frequently claims attacks in their aftermath.

BBC Rolling coverage
edit on 23-5-2017 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

link   

direct your hate here..........ISIS

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

because being compassionate is a sign of weakness to your enemies ,

well that just goes to show the mentality of our species
when being compassionate is a weakness

and being evil and creating terror and causing death is a strength

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

So lets stop terror with more terror ?

fight fire with fire is it

has any of our nations tried being compassionate no , because our leaders are not compassionate
psychopaths and sociopaths cannot be empathetic , or show compassion

they are devoid of that ability
so why would we let them speak for us when they speak you know they are lying
it doesnt work because our government doesnt work
they are dishonest and corrupt so why would anyone take their word for it , we as a people need to change our democracy and look after one another as humans and even our neighbours in other countries.

and just like Trump says , we need to drive them out , starting with out own corrupt politicians
drive them out and make changes

Appeasement hasn't worked.
Every single radical muslim needs to be jailed, or killed if they are on the battlefield.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Unsure as to whether anyone has mentioned this in the last 48 pages, but apparently there were terrorist drills taking place in the Arndale Centre last week. Using actors, 21 packages were left in various areas of the shopping centre. None of the staff were made aware that it was a drill, and they were questioned/debriefed after the event. This was a large scale drill with nothing reported in the MSM.

I have also been made aware, as of today, that staff members from the Arndale are being questioned further about the drill.

Why would they need to question people further about a staged event/drill that used actors?
edit on 23-5-2017 by Koka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

how long did it take to grt rid of Abu Hamza?
Too bloody long.

people like that need a swift trial followed by execution and, all those who supported and sheltered them need to be taken out of our society.

keep killing the hate preachers and demolishing the mosques they preach at and we will be in a much better place.

not pc, not remotely protecting free speech, but we are in a war and the enemy needs shutting up.

Bad idea on demolishing the mosques I'm pretty certain our security services have their men in place to gather information that has prevented many attacks we have never heard about

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

BBC4 also said it was a sophisticated device, not from an internet recipe. It was a trained individual.

Odd. I'm looking at the Live feed on BBC website

Bomb was a 'home-made device' Posted at 21:31 Some more information has emerged about the bomb used by the attacker in the Manchester Arena attack. Police have said it was a "home-made" improvised explosive device. Witnesses have told the BBC there were nuts and bolts packed into the bomb.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

While I share many of those sentiments, I had elected to refrain from speculative and unhelpful, rhetorical and over political ramblings of that sort, because this event warrants a more solemn and respectful approach.

There will be plenty of time to pick over the details of this incident, whereupon I will no doubt find myself in agreement with your input. But this is not the time for that kind of discussion.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I made no such denial. I asked for some evidence of the thousands of people killed in Syria by the British Government to be presented.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I said show compassion to the nations we have wronged and make amends , I guess that I should have been more specific

as for those who have chosen a path of darkness, how can you reason with those who are not reasonable
thats why I always face this dilemma , how does compassion work when your head has been chopped off
how can you show compassion to people who will not listen and are too afraid to do anything but kill
it needs time , and time we dont have

how can we be compassionate to those who only want to kill

the shaolin had to fight

its confusing , we cant appease terrorists because they are already taken by their ego and want to destroy for power and greed.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join