It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Fox News suggesting suicide bomber.

That a first in the UK?

If so, I think yes.. trying to think back.

Have there been any suicide bombing attacks in Europe?

There's been numerous attacks of different sorts but I can't remember a suicide bomber there.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
i dont want to be insensitive

but....

When your listening to witnesses on the news being interviewed they are asked some stupid questions and say some stupid stuff.

ie. reporter: "it must have been terrifying".... duh.

Well, you wouldnt want to create false memories in potential witnesses and would need to be mindful of questions before witnesses have fully given statements etc to authorities.

Or the journos could be gob-smacked.

I don't know hey.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

if you can find a link and post it ?

I'm trying at the mo

edit on 22-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That a first in the UK?

There's been numerous attacks of different sorts but I can't remember a suicide bomber there.

There have - in UK also thinking more about it (more than once before)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

At this point there's far too many terrorist attacks in Europe to keep track of what type of attack it each was.

link   

There was no second device - being reported that it was a false identification.
3 sources now saying a suicide bomber

Yes apparently the suicide bomber waited until the concert was letting out. They didn't try to go through security apparently but just waited. The scary part is they targeted kids. They used nails trying to maime and kill kids. The suicide bomber knew this was a bunch of teenage girls and them being targeted is a huge change to this war.

link   

That a first in the UK?

Do you live under a rock.

Sorry but i dont mean to be rude but really there have been loads of suicide attacks in Europe.

I just find it amazing how easily people forget about events like 7/7 or the Madrid bombings, or the bombings in Paris, i could go on.
edit on 22-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Is today meaningful in any way?? Like the date??

This one happened on May 22, 2013:

Man Killed in Deadly Terror Attack in London Street

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

An on scene reporter for BBC brought up a good (well sick actually) point that the bomb went off in an area where people pool after concerts to buy merchandise and is no longer controlled by pat down because the event is over.

ETA It reminds me of the Marathon bombing, targeting the finish line because there would such a large concentration of people there.

That is rough to think of, but an interesting point.

link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Bataclan, suicide bombers and shooting, Zaventem Brussels, suicide bombers.
One in Germany at a concert was caught in time

link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
Second device ended up being a bag of clothing.

Source GMP twitter gmp twitter

Probably some poor homless persons bag

edit on 22-5-2017 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
CNN hypothesizing that homegrown terrorists who have returned from the M.E after fighting/being trained will be the focus of police investigations. They are calling it a mass-casualty terrorist attack undertaken by a suicide bomber.

Suicide bombers don't make their own vests - it takes a special person to do that who must remain alive and protected for the cause.

ETA: It's been confirmed the blast 'just outside the venue, just as the concert finished and folks were leaving the venue'
edit on 22-5-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

link   
They are going to check all cctv to see which way the person/s came from. From inside somewhere to just walking up. Maybe even dropped off.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
i dont want to be insensitive

but....

When your listening to witnesses on the news being interviewed they are asked some stupid questions and say some stupid stuff.

ie. reporter: "it must have been terrifying".... duh.

I also never understood the insatiable need reporters have to shove a microphone into the face of people who just suffered unimaginable tragedy (father who dug through bodies of victims looking for family) and then ask them how that felt ...

Pandering to voyeurism and salaciousness.

Plus they're sucking our chi and loving every minute of it.

link   
Too early to rule out false flag on this one. The information and photos seem vague.
Maybe a distraction from something else that is going to happen in the upcoming days and they don't want public to know it. MSN overreacting as always....
edit on 22-5-2017 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
I could be wrong, but didn't this happen in the country where there is a camera on every corner?
If not everywhere else?

I'm guessing it should be soon that we get video footage from all the surveillance cameras?

Right?

I worked as a cctv operator for almost 10 years I won't say where but there's something people always forget when they see or hear about so many cameras in this country. People always assume every camera is actively watched .. they aren't. Let me tell you from my time as a cctv operator

I had at one point (I no longer do the job) between 160-80 cameras at my disposal which were in the form of static cameras (Ones that don't move), PTZs (pan, tilt, zoom cameras), car license plate readers and infrared night cameras.
I had access to all these cameras from one desk and five screens.

Going back to the number of cameras I could use. I worked in one building with access roads going into main roads, so for one building to have almost or up to 180 cameras you might think is a little extreme as I didn't work for any form of authority figure nor was I an operator for a secure building. So 180 cameras .. now ask yourself about storage of data that the cameras send back to the computers. I have a bank of 5 screens on my desk from left to right each screen had a purpose. First screen was number plate reader which had its own computer so data storage wasn't a problem. The next four screens all worked off one computer and 2-3 DVRs. After the number plate reader screen I had two monitors which were split up into 16 individual mini screens so in total from the two screens I have 32 mini screens. Next I had a main viewing screen where I could select any camera and use a full monitor to view it and last screen was a map of my area I was working and where cameras were.

Back to data storage out of the 180 (almost) cameras, I could only record 32 cameras at any one point. The 32 mini screens on my left where the cameras being recorded. Even then as an operator I'm focused of selecting random cameras and viewing the main viewing monitor in front of me so the 32 mini screens aren't really be actively watched but after a few years in the job you teach yourself to glance and recognise and incident or suspicious activity in the smaller screens.
also out of those 32 mini screens some cannot be changed as they might be recording a camera that for legal reasons has to be recording 24/7 365 days of the year also included are high risk areas such as vault rooms. Out of the 32 I had about 6-7 'spare' screens which I could choose as to what I wanted recorded.

So let's thin this, let's say 180 cameras I could only record 32 at a time under a fifth of the total amount of cameras we had and I could actively only watch one camera as i only have one pair of eyes but taught myself to glance at other monitors. The only reason why they all weren't recording is because if you had every camera recording 24/7 you'd need a hell of a lot of DVRs and space to put them. My computer tower of DVRs and other computing equipment where I worked went from floor to ceiling and was about 1 meter square/3 square foot there simply isn't enough memory to record everything.

Also there's quality of cameras, entrance ways to buildings are usually covered by statics which depending on how much money a company is prepared to pay can range from very poor to crystal clear vision. That all being said Manchester Arena is a lot bigger and security will be a lot tighter than where I worked I'd assume they have some good cctv but it might be that certain cameras weren't recording

link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: c2oden
I'm shocked that it took until page 16 for someone to blame Trump.

I am surprised he didn't get blamed for doing it personally.

They are out there...just give it time.

But for tonight, what a tragedy for the families of those children that never had a chance

link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

2010-Present.

2017, 22 May: A large explosion believed to be an IED at the Manchester Arena, Manchester City, killed 19 individuals and injured more than 50. The attack occurred shortly after an Ariana Grande concert, and is the most deadly terror related incident carried out in the UK since the 7/7 London bombings in 2005. As of midnight UTC on May 23, police treated the incident as a possible terrorist attack.[45][46]

en.wikipedia.org...

Wiki sure on the ball.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Reports of ISIS accounts on twitter celebrating. Some reports on twitter that the accounts were talking about Manchester before the explosions occurred.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

An on scene reporter for BBC brought up a good (well sick actually) point that the bomb went off in an area where people pool after concerts to buy merchandise and is no longer controlled by pat down because the event is over.

ETA It reminds me of the Marathon bombing, targeting the finish line because there would such a large concentration of people there.

Same bomb type as well.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join