It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tacmars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been brought up here or not. This is the first post ive made here in at least a year.
Anyways, I found this site talking about Tacmars. These are stickers placed on the back of roadsigns, that are
suppossed to give info to American and Non- American
armed forces about key military assets, and emergancy
structures to obtain during a crisis situation.
Check it out :
www.tackamarks.freeservers.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My only question is what is the validity for the tacmars theory now that we have extensive use of Global Positioning System (GPS) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) which can walk you to a target literally to the square inch with you totally blind folded?

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
yah, They say in that article, that its because an EMP
would disable GPS sats. Or, nuclear winter could effect it also. The thing that gets me is that they claim that we are being lied to about what these things are really for. It seems pretty clear cut that its marking out key assets.
The real questions are. If they are lying about them, then why? They could easily say its for a crisis, and could even make people feel secure even. If sold the right way. And another question is, is it if, or when?

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What is wrong with using maps and grid references?

Steve Howarth

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I live about 30 miles from the White House. First of all let me say the TACMARS are real.

I saw one today marked with a question mark and pointing to the county courthouse. SO I asked a police men about it. His implication was that if you have a question you goto the courthouse. So why would someone have a question goto the courthouse?

Only in a national emergencey. So that got me thinking again about Tacmars.

I first noticed about a year ago they started putting them up. Marked Evacuation Route. The Evacuation Route signs make no sense. So if your in the government and you hate me read this.

The Evacuation Routes point to Washington DC. Well Let me just say. If your in Baltimore and you have 30 minutes to leave I am not going to Washington Because Washingtons getting nuked. I am staying in Baltimore.

DUMB DUMB DUMB Bad Government.

Bad Homeland Defense Agencey. This should all come under the people and Civil Defense.

So I saw thje question mark signs and I decided to look for TACMAR stickers. Well guess what. We have TACMAR stickers. They seem to point to Fort Meade. I got out and I read the tacmar stickers. They have a date on them. January 2000. SO thats about 1 year before the war on Terrorism. They are also marked Maryland Department of Transportation. They seem to point to the airport BWI or Fort Meade.

So why have these stickers? If the US was attacked the Russians or China would take out GPS satelites and equipment makign them useless. The signs are a good idea but poorely thought out.

I couldnt tell you if they are real or fake. Looks like half of them are real. If anyone wants to buy me a digital Camera, Ill take pictures and post them on the internet but its defenitely real. Its definetly scary.

Who knows if there ligtimate military resources or part of a NWO conspiracy but they fact that they are not well laid out makes me wonder.

We need real change in government. These tacmars are nothing if not retarded.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Anyone that has tried to follow these directional arrows in stores are ultimately sent to the wrong place.

Actually today I followed one of those "bike Trail" roadmarkers and it lead to a highway overpass entrance that could easily be used as a helecopter landing pad... In fact when I got there there was a big black pick up truck parked there... I didn't stay too long to find out what he was doing there.

[Edited on 3-8-2003 by ShubyDoo]

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Bike Trial in Gwens Falls Baltimore Maryland leads to a Golf Course in Carrol Park. The Golf course is situated next to a train raill ine and the government is moving into a building next to it. I really like the trail so I made a map of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect
The Bike Trial in Gwens Falls Baltimore Maryland leads to a Golf Course in Carrol Park. The Golf course is situated next to a train raill ine and the government is moving into a building next to it. I really like the trail so I made a map of it.

Does the golf course have a barbed wire fence with the tops pointed inwards?

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Not yet but it has a moat on one side. The Gweynes falls river. Theres a junk yard on one side with a fence. I didnt notice barb wire but theres a machine next to the junk yard that can eat cars and buses.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonrider

Don't be blinded by so-called hi-tech gadgets that with the flick of a switch can be rendered completely useless. The word is out that the military do training WITHOUT GPS GIS purposely because of their vulnerabilities to hi-tech EMP weaponry. Y2k training more than 10 years ago by National Guard had operations using NO GPS navigation as a guide in unfamiliar territory. Clearly this proves the sole use of GPS range finders and GIS are an achilles heel to vital military strategies. TACMARS are "confirmation tools" and contingency if and WHEN system failures occur.

It could be a tactical advantage for the military to disable GPS on purpose because of the abundance of on-board civilian and handheld units among the populace. If Americans citizens are the targets, take away GPS from them and limit and hinder their ability to travel intelligently away from familiar surroundings. TACMARS are a definite advantage for operations if everything is already laid out using codes on the roadways via road signs markers and codes on billboards.

Carrierwave~

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
#bump
Highly reflected maintenence stickers. Not sure what kind of maintenence happens on street signs and then why some signs have no stickers, I guess those aren't maintained.

top topics

join