It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm giving up food

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

No way Fatty....

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I realized I've become a fat sack of potatoes.

You and me both mate , sucks don't it.
Your thread is reflective of conversations I've had with myself recently , problem is bad habits and trying to avoid them.

I've never been overweight but now like yourself I am , perhaps suggestions posted here could help both of us.

Good luck

Without sounding like a crappy late night infomercial you should consider gerrting a juicer mate.

I have seen enough folks in your position spend a month resisting a gag reflex with a green juice full of curly kale and beetroot, ginger ect and not only lose weight steadily without cravings but clear up all kinds of other ailments that tend to crop up as we grow older. IBS, joint pains, headaches ect allsorts.

If you do give it a bash try sticking to vegatables in the juices and minimise the fruits as the sugars will counteract the benefits and look into eating more lentils and beans and less meat and carbs.

Might sound a little hippy dippy but it really does do the trick

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I cut the booze out 6 months ago and only eat once a day now ,been the same waist size since i left school but with being unfit to work the weight piled on and i looked like Homer Simpson for a while , But cutting down on the booze and going to 1 meal a day the weight has gone in just a couple of months again back to my 32 inch waist good luck

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Good luck Buddha! I would only want to share a few things that I have found important for me.
Obviously (or not so much) we are in a different age bracket (for sure) and different sexes but, perhaps something will be helpful.

When my mother died, I went on medication, drank like a fish and basically lost my lust for life. It's been a hard road back but, I was at that time very apathetic, no desire for anything...just going through the motions. I packed on extra poundage for sure. I had started very early menopause a few years before she passed and I think (I went undiagnosed for years) the hormonal issues coupled with the depression really contributed to any weight gain because I did not desire to move anymore.

Well, slowly but surely, I started back doing the things that used to make me happy. I got back on the lake, back to taking adventures, back to swimming, hiking and climbing, going to the track. I started teaching the more physical classes at work more often.

I gave myself a schedule for eating (rather than just eating when I 'thought' I was hungry) and I stuck to it. I also, in between scheduled times, asked myself if I was hungry or if I was thirsty. I gave up any sugary drinks a few years ago, except alcohol
, and found that I was indeed thirsty more often than not. Just a simple glass of water satiated me. Carbs are not my friend, neither are sweets which is good cause I don't care for many.
Portion control is key as well. I think we must slow down and enjoy the meal. Chewing slowly and savoring every bite. Eating on the run as you do at work can be difficult. I wonder if you are really able to 'relax' while eating and concentrate on that task only? Without distractions?

One more thought (sorry for the long ramble if you've made it this far!). We may be what we think is physical but, for me I've learned, that repetition is not ideal. I like to switch things up a bit. I've found it's helpful to increase the difficulty of my hikes and climbs (it really seems to jump start not only my metabolism but my energy level). Some days increase my speed at the track or dancing. Summer's almost here so swimming is soon back on the list! I have access to both indoor and outdoor pools but, prefer to be outside. Perhaps with the money you may save you could join a gym? I really believe, with some folks, that repetition of the same physical movements becomes unhelpful. Got to switch it up a bit sometimes.

I'm glad you're not giving up the cheeses or meats entirely. Dried beans are very economical and although a little high in carbs, they have other benefits that outweigh that, IMO. I don't prefer eggs but, will choke one down every so often if I feel like I'm craving/needing protein quickly. I think just veggies and such would become boring (maybe unhealthy) and not ideal for a long term lifestyle.
Anyway, hopeful something above is encouraging or helpful but, either way, good luck to you. The first step is the hardest (cliche but, true). I hope you find something to change your apathetic outlook as emotions play a big role in the choices we make sometimes, obviously.

You're handsome and won't it feel good to have a fit body to go with that look? For yourself? That will increase your good mood, IMO, and as a side note...you'll be getting chased pretty regularly (if you're not already) and that can feel good also. You'll also be wanting to remove those Kurt Russell photos from your mirrors!

Good luck my friend and please keep us posted on your progress?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

alcohol is the same as sugar, as it converts directly to sugar once consumed

you are aging. so you body stores fat differently. Booze will be your number 1 enemy

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I tried a few times to get into a strict diet like this one you described, but just couldn't stick to it for long. I just like to eat. I enjoy every little bit of that tasty, tasty food, and now I just accept it.
I just reduced the high GI carbs (reduced...not gave up on them completely. I love italian food.), almost completely eliminated sugar from my diet, and started powerlifting. My body fat dropped from 33% to 18%, I packed on an insane amount of muscle and still eat like a beast. Maybe even more than I did before.

So my advice would be to reduce high GI food, quit sugar and lift heavy. That did the trick for me.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

alcohol is the same as sugar, as it converts directly to sugar once consumed

you are aging. so you body stores fat differently. Booze will be your number 1 enemy

Don't listen to any of this!!!

Booze is your friend, your best friend. Booze will be there for you when everyone else abandons you.

(This message was brought to you by the Booze Council and Liver Transplant Authority)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Since mid-december I have lost 32 pounds. I have leveled out some
on my weight loss in the past 4 weeks.I do have a beer or drink once
in awhile.I try not to eat any salty snacks and limit my sugar intake as
well.
I do need to improve on eating more healthier foods and starting an
exercise program.I work back and forth between day shift and nights.
I come home at night hungry and eat not long before going to bed.So,
I have started to eating a bowl of cereal with fruit that late at night.
Where I work,I do have access to salads and will start eating those on
my break.I have been craving rice crispy treats and milk on my breaks.

Good luck on your weight loss program and remember that you have to
lose weight slowly.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

off topic reply...Booze is your best friend? I thought I was your best friend!
You keep sending me invitations for dinner with you, Augustus and Imtat.

On topic reply...You should limit your alcohol when trying to get your weight
under control.I always have to have salty snacks while drinking.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Don't listen to any of this!!!

Booze is your friend, your best friend. Booze will be there for you when everyone else abandons you.

Hi, DB! This is Booze. We really liked what you did the other night at that bar, we can check off another place that you will now be arrested for trying to enter. Oh, do us a favor, hold our beer.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

There is dieting and then there is anorexia. Be sure to be wary about the difference and try not to replace one extreme (overeating) with another extreme (undereating). It doesn't solve the underlying eating problem and continues to keep you unhealthy.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

PSSST,in case you didn't know this,this isn't the thread you think
it is.This is another thread and we should be giving the OP ideas
on losing weight and getting fit.Not showing him how to get kicked
out of public places for bad behavior.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I supplied very sound nutritional advice earlier in the thread. NB knows I care.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Hi Booze!

Thanks for making me such a great dancer!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

We're hoping you'd bring the food.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Hi Booze!

Thanks for making me such a great dancer!

No problem. Oh, we just wanted to let you know that you're very, very handsome and that woman checking you out is super sexy.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Booze, you always know the right thing to say.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How come I see older dudes at the bars who do nothing but get bombed every night and look like friggin' Vin Diesel?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Perhaps they work out when not getting bombed.
Just finished my salad dinner ... tasty.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

NB knows I care.

I don't think I've heard this one yet...what's the punch line?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join