It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snipers target border agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Snipers working as "lookouts" for drug traffickers and illegal-alien smugglers are targeting U.S. Border Patrol agents from vantage points across the U.S.-Mexico border.
Within the past week, agents assigned to the Douglas station in Arizona's southeastern corner — one of the nation's busiest illegal-entry points — have been fired at on at least six occasions, according to federal authorities, and although none of the officers was injured, several reported near-misses.

washingtontimes.com...

Perhaps its time to invade mexico and take out the drug "terrorist"

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I always pictured the borders the place we would invest the highest into protecting.

Now all the stories I hear about smuggling, drug gangs trying to take control etc etc. I am starting to get worried.

I hear all this talk about "North Korea and Iran now have missiles to reach Europe" and I said to myself so what. It would be much easier to just ground transport the things to their destination.

Couldnt a terrorist smuggle a nuclear bomb across the border? Surface to air missiles? Guns? Drugs? Explosives? Spies?

And I beleive honestly these countries already have missiles that will reach wherever in the US anyways. A big fricken missile streaking from outerspace or flying through the air is alot more nitceable in my opinion then sticking the fricken bomb on a truck and smuggling it into the US. Or on the backs of some seasoned drug smugglers in peices.

Plus the fact that people flock here illegally with no respect for the laws of our countries.

I dont understand what our problem is? How hard is it to put up infrared on the thousands of miles on our borders and some kind of reaction force, robotic detterence. Something. Im sure we could come up with something.

And a more stricter policy on repelling, engaging people who are attempting to infiltrate our country.

I mean we are the big bad US. We should have unmanned autonomous helicopters on the border with pepper spray/ tranquilizers sniper rifles fitted onto them.

And like 50% of our military devoted to protecting the borders.

I never thought it was so bad. Back when I was in high school and I heard about illegal immigrants. I thought they were elite for even getting in. Now I understand that there was never really any deterrance it seems to begin with anywere on our borders or coastlines.

*shrug* I just hope it doesnt bite us in the ass for being slackers. If I had the power of the government I would definatly close down the borders. Heck if I was rich I would try to help out.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
IMHO the U.S.-Mexican border situation is the biggest security vulnerability in the U.S. today.

join