It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden has Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've just heard the sad news that Nicky Hayden has died following a collision with a car while out training on his bike in Italy on Wednesday.
Nicky was taken to hospital in a critical condition but it has been announced that he has died from his injuries.

Nicky was a great racer and a genuinely nice guy , his time in MotoGP endeared him to many including me for both his skill and personality.

Nicky was a true all-rounder, excelling not only in the premiere class to take the 2006 world title from Valentino Rossi but also in his early years as an AMA Pro flat Track racer and as a production bike rider both in the AMA Superbike series and more recently in World Superbikes for the Red Bull Honda team.
More than a racer, though, he was also loved by the paddock and his fellow competitors. One of the few people that no one would ever have a bad word to say about, the American was rare in having taken a championship without ever made an enemy in MotoGP – something acknowledged in the huge outpouring of grief and comfort from riders, teams, media and organisers since the news first broke of his crash yesterday afternoon.
www.motorcyclenews.com...

So desperately sad and a loss felt by many.

RiP Nicky , Champ.

edit on 22-5-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Very sad. Anyone who can beat Rossi should be immortal.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Oh No!

I'd been following his condition the past few days. It didn't sound good from the description of injuries sustained. Horrible. Guy races motorcycles at 200mph and gets his ticket punched while riding a bicycle. SMDH.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Riding a bike is among the most dangerous things thing one can do
nowadaze. Cages routinely drift toward the oncoming lane whilst the operators
browse the internet. If they are driving right down the center of the street,
it means they are looking at a phone, trying to share risk and responsibility with oncoming drivers.
Just sit on your front lawn and watch. You'll see.

Another thing to be watchful for are the new 4 way stop rules for phone operators.
They don't stop anymore, and may not slow down at all. Even walking can be deadly, because
you are interfering with phone services and user expectations of not being distracted
whilst texting and checking messages. If at the last moment they decide to turn while violating a controlled intersection, then turn they will. You best assume they will not stop, and they
will suddenly change direction on whim. They will not see your dog, they will not see yout stroller,
they will not see you, because they see nothing at all.

Directionals became vestigal long ago. You need to assume that the cage will swerve at the worst possible moment, always having an out in mind. Unless you are wrapped in a cage, this means don't put yourself
there in the first place.

You cannot begin crossing a street until all cages are clear of sight. If you get hit, you are alone.
They don't stick around, since you traumatized them into cognitive dissonance.

Buy your kid a powerful air gun instead and let him play in the park, where it's safe.
Today they are placing post fences around parks in recognition of these phenomena.

I see this everywhere. We are doomed as a race.

is a reply to: Edumakated

# 781
edit on 22-5-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
Riding a bike is among the most dangerous things thing one can do
nowadaze. Cages routinely veer toward the oncoming lane whilst the operators
browse the internet. Just sit on your front lawn and watch.. You'll see.

Another thing to be watchful for are the new 4 way stop rules for phone operators.
They don't stop anymore, and almost never use directionals, a deadly combination for walking with your dog. You cannot begin crossing a street until all cages are clear of sight.

I see this everywhere. We are doomed as a race.

is a reply to: Edumakated

# 781

I went to check one of the motorcycle websites I frequent after hearing this news. Someone in the comments said that it appears from the traffic cameras that Nicky ran a stop sign or didn't see it and went into traffic. He appeared to be distracted by phone or ipod.

I ride motorcycles and definitely understand the risks in traffic. You really don't realize how bad drivers are nowadays until you get out of the cage on a motorcycle unexposed. It gives you an entirely new perspective.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ah no, damn he was a good rider.

Rest in piece buddy.

Stupid fn distracted drivers, prosecute their a## with vehicular manslaughter.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Ah no, damn he was a good rider.

Rest in piece buddy.

Stupid fn distracted drivers, prosecute their a## with vehicular manslaughter.

It doesn't appear to be the car drivers fault if I have it right, but there is no doubt whatsoever that using media while mobile is a bad idea, no one is good at it period, there's just too much going on. It's just sad that these things happen

new topics

top topics

join