It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left taking the High Road Again. Moral Outrage over Flynn Expected 5th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

especially when one considers that most of the time, if someone does get into trouble about something, the something is so far away from what was originally being investigated. monica's dress had nothing to do with whitewater for example.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I look at it this way:

Flynn and his lawyer know that he's going to have to testify under oath sooner or later now that there is a special counsel. Why would he do it twice and put himself in danger of Scooter Libby's fate? Any small discrepancy in two sets of testimony under oath could be used to create perjury charges.

So Flynn decides that if he must testify under oath, he will do so to the biggest player in the room -- the special counsel -- and tells the Senate to go pound sand on this to avoid potential perjury charges.

And I don't blame him in this atmosphere.

Btw, isn't Eric Holder still in contempt of Congress?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I look at it this way:

Flynn and his lawyer know that he's going to have to testify under oath sooner or later now that there is a special counsel. Why would he do it twice and put himself in danger of Scooter Libby's fate? Any small discrepancy in two sets of testimony under oath could be used to create perjury charges.

So Flynn decides that if he must testify under oath, he will do so to the biggest player in the room -- the special counsel -- and tells the Senate to go pound sand on this to avoid potential perjury charges.

And I don't blame him in this atmosphere.

Btw, isn't Eric Holder still in contempt of Congress?

That makes sense... there was some speculation that Comey is going to back out of testifying too,, and deal exclusively with the Special Counsel.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Michael Flynn guilty of something but no more so than Hillary is.

If she were called to testify about collusion to affect the 2016 election, she would plead the fifth amendment too.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

... and that has its advantages for the rumor mill because all of that testimony takes place in secret behind closed doors.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

One huge difference is that Flynn lied to Trump same as he lied to Congress. The server investigation was different because the IT people who took the 5th were doing so over matters which their boss had full knowledge (and direction) regarding their crimes. Aside from speculative and loud mouth know-it-all-ism from the "Trump must go no matter what it takes" crowd, there is no evidence that Trump was involved in or had knowledge of any lies told by Flynn.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: Gandalf77

Nearly anyone in his position would plead the 5th over and over again, so they wouldn't incriminate themselves.
Right or left, Clinton or Trump, it's the smart thing to do in his case.

Absolutely agreed on that point.
I would have been surprised if he hadn't.
Now the senate committee needs to decide whether or not to charge him with contempt, which the full senate would need to vote on. I imagine the committee will want to run that by Mueller too.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Michael Flynn guilty of something but no more so than Hillary is.

If she were called to testify about collusion to affect the 2016 election, she would plead the fifth amendment too.

Or Just Lie.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Stevemagegod

One huge difference is that Flynn lied to Trump same as he lied to Congress. The server investigation was different because the IT people who took the 5th were doing so over matters which their boss had full knowledge (and direction) regarding their crimes. Aside from speculative and loud mouth know-it-all-ism from the "Trump must go no matter what it takes" crowd, there is no evidence that Trump was involved in or had knowledge of any lies told by Flynn.

Agreed. I was personally happy when I heard the little people were taking the 5th. Why should they face Prison time for just setting the System up? While there very special "VIP" gets a job promotion to be the most powerful person in the world?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: dawnstar
weather it's hillary or trump...
it's a constitutional right!!!
end of story...

True.

nice job kicking the dead horse by the way!!!

Thanks.

How many times did Bush and Cheney take the fifth during their investigation? I forgot we peasants weren't allowed to see those interviews were we?

Typical Liberal always going back to Bush.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: dawnstar
weather it's hillary or trump...
it's a constitutional right!!!
end of story...

True.

nice job kicking the dead horse by the way!!!

Thanks.

How many times did Bush and Cheney take the fifth during their investigation? I forgot we peasants weren't allowed to see those interviews were we?

Typical Liberal always going back to Bush.

Not unlike those typical right-wingers who always go back to Billary or Obama, eh?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Exactly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join