It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Souls...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yes, it makes sense. Everybody in my family regards my younger brother as an "old soul". He's very mature for his age and he sometimes surprises us with his knowledge and learning capabilities. He enjoys hobbies and past-times that older people would usually enjoy (fishing and gardening etc.) and he has older friends. So I believe in the "old soul" story.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

Idiocracy was the funnies movie I had watched in a long time. Now whenever my brother gets excited about monster trucks or wrestling I chuckle.

I regard myself as an old soul because so many things I do are common sense. Computers for example, I first sat infront of one is 1987 and knew what to so and why it had to be done, never looked back. Other things also come without thought. I also am not a social person, I like solitude, stupid people bother me to the core. I tend to watch more then participate, and if it's worth my 2 cents I will share it otherwise "meh" can't be bothered. I am not a highheals and lace type and more a comfy is good and who cares what you think of me attitude. If you have a problem with me then don't look at me lol. ok I am done...moving on...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sheyrshad

chocolate was a god? hmmm... that explais a lot. acually, i don't know much about the aztec and mayan gods. i read a book a long time ago called "Aztec" - a long epic story and very well told - but i have forgotten a lot of it. my idea, in visualizing the vortex, is that if you were a priest in one of those cultures before and worked with the extra-terrestrials that channeled and educated these priests, maybe you are still channelig it, as you did before, since linear time is just an illusion, anyway? i don't... guess certain things are beyond my understanding.

about the aura thing - apparently there is no colour but a vague outline can be seen around it - so i guess that means transparent - and supposedly the outline was very large. i, too, am really curious to know what that means. i've been looking on the net, but so far, i've seen nothing like that.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sheyrshad

that's okay - i got the email address - thanks!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

sounds like your son was very tempermenal when he was young. maybe he was acting out or finishing business from a past life issue - then he grew out of it when it resolved? just an idea. they say that the next generation of kids are the indigos and crystals and apparently many of them are ADHD or autistic. i am just curious about what all that is about.

so... who is the creator? 'cause i don't have any idea who he or it is. i am not saying i don't believe, but just that the idea or concept is too big for my pea brain to contain. you know what i mean?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I usually just read and watch here on ATS and have for a long time even before becoming a member. This thread instantly attracted my attention because for me, life is very much a spiritual journey and i do feel as though my soul is old and that the point of life in many respects it to perfect the soul here on this plane in order to advance and "evolve" in a spiritual sense since that cannot be done on the proverbial other side. Matters of religion and beliefs aside, i have always felt apart from most of the rest of the world at large and seem to know more things than i should for my age. I have always been drawn to esoteric trains of thought and deep soul searching experiences. I see the world differently than most i think and perhaps that is because i have been around this block many many many times before.
I believe in past lives and reincarnation. I know i have lived many times before i have some recall of those lives at this point and i am meeting people that i have known in previous lives this time around and am knowing them for who they are...truly are. It is a terrifying thing sometimes to look that deep inside and see whats there...but it is rewarding too. The soul is eternal no what higher power you subscribe to.
This is a subject matter i have been heavily in thought of lately so grats for bringing it up to the OP. It was interesting enough to bring me out of the shadows and post, which i intend to do more of on here i just haven't found my feet yet.
for this.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by scorpius_magi spelling]

[edit on 10-12-2007 by scorpius_magi]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Glad I found this site, I've been watching for a bit but I wanted to post and hopefully get some advice. I feel I am an old soul, but it's hard to explain, which is why I'm glad I found a lot of you posters.

I'm not extremely spiritual like some of you seem to be, but I feel like a lot of you do, just old. Like I've been there done that, even though in the past 18 years I haven't actually done most of that. There are things I know that I don't know how I know, not important things, not even useful things, it still causes me to pause and beat my brain on where I learned it. People come to me for advice (which is actually really embarrassing), but more often it's like they come to me just to feel better and calm down by dumping all their negativity on me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind and it's not a bother, it's just another one of those tings makes me pause and wonder why. In this there are times when I wonder if I'm not too true to my Pisces sign's extreme sympathy (which is generally bad when you're dealing with two feuding friends who expect you to see it only their way). I feel like I wasn't made right for the current time, like our modern society and it's values just aren't me, not that I'm above it or below it, just that I'm not "programed" to work in it. As I said, I feel like an old soul, but I wonder if maybe I'm just an escapist looking for a something to explain me. (Also know that I really don't ever talk about myself this much (counting the I's up there was embarrassing so I had to stop myself from writing more heh), I'm really not as egotistical as I probably sound)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
we are existing souls of many souls

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
clemonte, you shall have to elaborate on that, as it is quite a vague statement

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Tessa you cant put label on anyones soul,greatness or evil is inside of all humanity

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm actually just a tad bit afraid of this whole old soul thing but not because of the people. When i'm with somebody who's and old soul I feel at home...my whole life even though I know she's wrong I've had it Beaten into me that if I question god and christianity I'll go to Hell. I know she's wrong but I still can't get rid of all my childhood truama's. I have been told multiple times that I'm a old soul and it's nice in a way almost like someone recognizes me, you know? But maybe i'm crazy...I hope not...my mother has enought to deal with, LOL. I've actually been wondering if anybody else enjoys that feeling of nostalgia? Its great!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yawn... that last post was way too long and as soon as I saw the religious fairy tale direction it was going I quickly skipped the rest.

There are old souls as well as young and new, as the universe expands and new stars are born in turn new souls can be born. New souls are the ones that always need someone elses input for them to follow as they have no sense of self and are always in a hurry, also they are the most succeptable to religion. Young souls are the ones that tend to put some effort into looking for the answers themselves as compared to believing what someone physically older than them tells them though the majority still prefer to be spoon fed due to intelectual lazieness. Old souls don't blindly believe anyone without looking into it themselves, they never fall for religion since they have too many questions that need to be answered before making a descision, they also have a tendency for being more solitary so they can answer their questions without having too many distractions.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join