It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Into Saudi bashing? lets hear what they have to say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
For all those that arent quite sure about the USA relations with Saudi Arabia, lets take a look at this.
islamdaily.net...

An Open Letter From a Saudi Wahabi To Members of the 109th U.S. Congress
Author: Soliman AlBut’hi
Dated: 02/03/2005

here is the conclusion paragraph,

In conclusion, I would like to remind the American people and their representatives that for more than 70 years there has been a peaceful and mutually beneficial relationship between our two countries.[17] In the words of former President Ronald Reagan, “the friendship and cooperation between our governments and peoples are precious jewels whose value we should never underestimate.”[18] I believe that the Muslim world in general and people of Saudi Arabia people in particular genuinely desire to overcome the current tension and retain this precious jewel. The Muslims, and in particular their religious leadership, want only to develop and reform their societies; they do not seek a perpetual war of civilizations or World War IV.[19] Rather, we seek peaceful coexistence and an exchange that is mutually beneficial to both Muslim and non-Muslims alike.

Try learning about those many of you condem as the enemy...and learn about the mutual past with the USA before you go off 1/2 cocked into bashing them.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
My lack of in-depth knowledge regarding Saudi Arabia disqualifies me from commenting, however I did notice this:

"they do not seek a perpetual war of civilizations or World War IV"

World War Four? Is that a typo, an honest slip, or does the writer know something about (a coming) World War Three that we don't?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Some people consider the cold war to have been WWIII and the current war on terror to be WWIV. Maybe that's what they mean...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
My lack of in-depth knowledge regarding Saudi Arabia disqualifies me from commenting, however I did notice this:

"they do not seek a perpetual war of civilizations or World War IV"

World War Four? Is that a typo, an honest slip

Many people have adopted the usage of the next world war, if there is one, as being WWIV, because WWIII was, for so long, a US Soviet nuclear war. With the end of the cold war, that became WWIII. WWIV won't, for example, be a global thermonuclear war between US and Soviet/Russian camps.

new topics

top topics

join