It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love IS The Equation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Ruiner1978

The equation is this:
Love is that peculiar state of mind by which another person's happiness becomes necessary to your own.

To paraphrase R.A. Heinlein.

Heinlein was clearly talking about the self gratifying kind of love there.
Don't you think?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

No. He was talking about differentiating love from infatuation. The latter is selfish, the former is not. And it goes deeper, if one does not love oneself happiness means nothing.

edit on 12/19/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. He was talking about differentiating love from infatuation. The latter is selfish, the former is not. And it goes deeper, if one does not love oneself happiness means nothing.

No he wasn't.
In the unbastardised quote he is commenting on the immaturity of jealousy in a romantic relationship between two people. Hardly a defining equation of love.
At best he's describing how a relationship can be a little less parasitic.

People need to move away from the idea that romantic relationships have anything to do with Love.
You have your head in the clouds...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Love is such a powerful positive energy. It has the power to change the way people think, feel, and behave.

It can even end wars. Now that is some power.

Not surprising then, that TPTB are going all out to propagate hate, suffering, wars, greed, profit over life, etc, to fill us all with negativity and keep their profits and riches from it all rolling in. Love has the power to put an end to all that. A terrifying thought for some on this planet.

Love, for other people, for the planet, for all living things, would change the way we all live. And it don't cost a penny.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
Love is such a powerful positive energy. It has the power to change the way people think, feel, and behave.

It can even end wars. Now that is some power.

Not surprising then, that TPTB are going all out to propagate hate, suffering, wars, greed, profit over life, etc, to fill us all with negativity and keep their profits and riches from it all rolling in. Love has the power to put an end to all that. A terrifying thought for some on this planet.

Love, for other people, for the planet, for all living things, would change the way we all live. And it don't cost a penny.

In a way, yes.
In another way, absolutely not.
There is no need for something to change if you love it.
Hate (non-acceptance) is what really changes things.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
"You are a generator of happy feelings and people want to be happy"... I rather like the simplicity of this quote from Joe Rogan. When I don't get caught up too much in my own quagmire of emotions I try to raise the good feelings of those around me and I find that doing so in turn reflects back upon my conciousness, leading me to sleep better at night and feel like I made a difference in my day... Vive cooperation! Down with competition! Xx

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Love is a very interesting concept. I believe it basically encompasses all emotions... I do believe all thoughts and emotions originate from love, but are colored by perception. Like if we were to look in a mirror that was clean, all we would see is a beautiful being of love. But, if the mirror is dirty, dented, or distorted, we might see something that is ugly and full of evil. Hate and evil, being only a result of a distortion of pure love. Ignorance is the distortion. Know thyself.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think love is the communication going on behind the scenes..

Lke an interweaving tapestry and what is going inbetween layer and layer of reality..

It is the ties that bind us.. Tides that bind us..

Through wave through wave and the gentle ocean of the ripples of desire..

Like a small shore creek.. or a pond near that forrest you used to live near by..

That mighty oak and tiny acorn.. and that garden squirrel tending and nesting into everything.. infinity.. in the palm of your hand(thanks William Blake)

Take a rattle snake by the palm of your hand.. and train it to be a more decent spitter.. 3/3.. degrees in masonry..

The 6/6 nature of reality is based on the serpent.. which is your invulnerable will.. kundalini.. and the other 6 is love.. the nature of love is infinite strength.. unconditional and boundless.. pressure starts with will but endsvwith love..

The further you can push down is equal to your unconditional love.. the people in power hate this type of thing because they believe lust and greed are the most powerful things in the universe.. and they are but they are balanced on positivevand good feeling love..

Snake, sunshine.. caduceus unlimited.. medicine buddha is in everything you do.. the focused will power of truth the name of man Adam Kadmon and the 666 nature of beast and man! All things are love ultimately.. but its what you do with them that makes you defines you and turns you from a battery into a God.. ala the matrix!

The pinicle of love(will) is beyond everything and is the primal driving force in the universe.. or it is focus.. of the desires of christ and truth! Suit matrix.. zero point energy is the end not the beginning! So we know love starts perfectly and ends in absoluteness!
edit on 24-12-2017 by Boundless1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join