It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's Trump's Speech, Absolutely Amazing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

You must have been born yesterday. I will enlighten you. There were many threads on ATS about Obama and Hillary not saying the words "radical Islam".

"Speaking with "This Week" host George Stephanopoulos in an early-released clip, McMaster was asked if during his speech Sunday Trump would use that phrase, which he consistently hung over the heads of his 2016 election rival, Hillary Clinton, and former President Barack Obama for refusing to say it."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

lol I dream of being born just yesterday!

Who's George Stephanopholitis?

I'm so confused.... ugh.... haha

I know Obamillary refused to say it, that's not the problem.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

Oh grow up and have a drink

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

Oh grow up and have a drink

Don't be so skin-thinned. You can't expect everyone to like your president.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned
Trump has made a good move here imo
created more business for Americans, and made a mid-east country much more capable of defending themselves without US blood.
though there is a flip side
Puts a rift in Sunni/Shia balance of power, more Shia animosity towards the west.
i can see these weapons being shifted to secure Sunni interests, the war in Syria is imo is far from over, is this preparations for an attack on Iran?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned
Trump has made a good move here imo
created more business for Americans, and made a mid-east country much more capable of defending themselves without US blood.
though there is a flip side
Puts a rift in Sunni/Shia balance of power, more Shia animosity towards the west.
i can see these weapons being shifted to secure Sunni interests, the war in Syria is imo is far from over, is this preparations for an attack on Iran?

No not an attack on Iran but a push to get them out if Syria and Yemen. Without the money coming from Iran the terrorist groups will wither and die.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

" Without the money coming from Iran the terrorist groups will wither and die"
please explain

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

AND?
edit on 22-5-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

No it isn't the problem, I agree. It's the same problem for 16 years. We should get the hell out of the middle east and mind our own business. We should not supply weapons to any nation, not even our allies. Build your own or die. But, I live in an alternate universe where Bernie is president.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Well that I do agree with.We have no business being in the ME. However, we don't know exactly what's going on in the ME do we. There could be good guys trying to fix things, much like there are good guys in North America trying to fix things from the last # ups. There's always good guys.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Syria, Iran and their proxies needs to answer for many thing they cannot seriously blame on a tactical response to western efforts.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

No it isn't the problem, I agree. It's the same problem for 16 years. We should get the hell out of the middle east and mind our own business. We should not supply weapons to any nation, not even our allies. Build your own or die. But, I live in an alternate universe where Bernie is president.

Yes and that would simply leave a ME bristling with Russian weapons. Simple as that.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Do the Russians have better weapons than the US or better nukes?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

They might, I hear theyve got a nuke that destroys living things but nothing else. Theyre saving it for a rainy day.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

their justification would be they were funding regime change by supporting insurgents.
not the same as explicitly funding and condoning terrorists. there may be evidence to prove that wrong as im sure the cia have been guilty of sponsoring terrorists in latin america and possiblth me too.

but this is all besides the point. trump means what he says, and to suggest he is insincere and what he said in that speech wasn't true, is wrong. we finally have a leader pushing forcefully for a more peaceful world, with unprecedented resolve and to ignore that is indeed foolish.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Why note the real problem here? The Muslim world is divided into two camps, Shia and Sunni. Both sides use state-sponsored terrorism to fight a proxy war against the other and both sides attempt to maintain cover through the legitimacy of nation states, to keep the profit machine running. One side was represented at the table yesterday, while the other was conspicuously absent.

Do you think the problem will solve itself if we insert ourselves into the conflict to an even greater extent? Particularly if we do so with a group of people who -- just last year -- were thought of as the architects of 911?

"Does anybody know how the story really goes or should we all just hum along?"

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I guess he says that, because a lot of the terrorism happening has roots in the Middle East, it's the cradle of muslim religion countries after all.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Really?? So Iran is funding and supporting ISIS and Hayat Tahrir Al-Sham, formerly al-Nusra aka AL-qaieda in Syria?? That sure is news to me. It seems Iran's proxy militias in Syria were the only ones pushing back in the very remote areas until coalition command noticed they were gaining the country back swiftly and beefed up direct support for the SDF and FSA. The FSA was initially a Turkish proxy force. The SDF got what they wanted. The FSA has no future as far as Syria is concerned, so it is best for all if the Turkish members just go back across the border, and then the indigenous Arab members can either reabsorb into Syrian society or move to Rojava.

We can call the Houthis in Yemen terrorists I guess. But they are not the ones killing innocent people from the sky an destroying civilian infrastructure. They are very successful in waging ground battles against Saudi forces and proxies who are targeting civilians an their infrastructure though. The Saudis are mad because the Yemenis are actually doing a decent job of holding their borders.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It is you who needs to grow up.
edit on 22 5 2017 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

(post by MagnaCarta2015 removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join