It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This fooled millions of people, and made it through to the major media networks which reported it as fact. Now imagine, if this piece of plastic can fool millions, imagine what some staging, angry looking extras and video effects could acheive.

news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/02/02/whoax02.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/02/02/ixworld.html
Insurgents claimed to be holding a soldier and said they intended to kill him within 72 hours unless Iraqi prisoners were released. A website showed a picture purporting to show the man in uniform with a gun pointed at his head.

A Californian model manufacturer said later that it believed that the head of the soldier was very like that of "Cody", a toy action figure sold at US military bases in the Middle East and based on US special forces soldiers fighting in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I've never trusted a photo since I learned to use Photoshop.

I've never trusted a video since I saw the set they used to film the moon landing.

I've never believed in Osama Bin Laden's guilt since I saw the actor purported to be him claiming responsibility for 9/11.

I've never believed the party line about abductions in Iraq since I traced the 'terrorist' website posting the Daniel Pearl video to a hotel room in Texas.

This is probably one of the few 'authentic' terrorist tactics being used by middle eastern extremists. They have the means to pull this off, so I believe it. I sure hope Special Ops Cody is okay.. Maybe Condi can show up for a conjugal visit, since they are both puppets..

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yup, the video of Bin laden claiming responsibility for the 9-11 attacks,
www.whatreallyhappened.com...
a few months after he blatantly denied involvement, and a few more months after he was meeting with american CIA agents in Dubai, is a freaking joke. The man they are trying to say is Bin Laden in that video clip is not even a good look alike, yet millions bought it on face value. Digital technology has enabled propoganda to acheive new heights, and I would be suspect of anything comming from the media these days. The CIA has a whole branch devoted solely to film and video production, and I hardly think they sit around making only training videos. We as civilians are going to have be very critical of video footage, or we are going to be very easily beguiled.
As an actor I can assure you, it is very easy to fool folks with film, just to give you an example, I had a lead role in a feature film comedy in 1997, and to this day I still get the occasional fan mail from people who wonder how I was able to pull a pool cue from my back, etc. Just because you see something on television doesn't make it reliable. For one thing, the media isn't legally required to be honest (I can cite the cases if you like), and for another, news organizations are a two fold entity, making money and pushing agendas. Even your local news is bent over. For example the other day, our local broadcast news did a special on Clementine 'Oranges', and how good they are for you, but my wife works at a major grocery chain and heard through the grapevine that they were overloaded with them trying to unload them by forcing them out from the warehouse. One example out of many, but pay attention to local news segments, then follow up on them on the net, you'll see what I mean.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There is no less than 6 or 7 threads on this already. The story is days old as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Haha.In the first place,where the hell they got that toy,man?

Hmm,maybe from OBL's room.Sick guy.

new topics

top topics

join