It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are We Witnessing the Build-Up to WW3?

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
President Putin recently hailed the emergence of strong military ties between Russia and China:



"Our relations in the political, economic and security spheres and in the field of military cooperation have been developing intensively,"


www.infowars.com...

It has also been reported recently that a Russian firm will build a suspected Iranian spy satellite, with the Russian PM also signing an order allowing the Ministry of Defence to launch two additional Iranian satellites.

www.rumormillnews.com...

Additionally, China recently signed a $70 billion oil and natural gas deal with Iran.

www.washtimes.com...

All of the above makes you wonder, would the US be crazy to invade Iran? Would China stand by and allow the US to scupper their energy deal? Particularly as China is becoming as oil thirsty as the US.

If China became involved, would Russia step in also?

Is this the build up to world war 3?




posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Wow 2nd Iran war thread in a short time. This info is very helpful in the whole Iran/Russia team that people have been talking about. I am going to have to change my answer to a "Not Sure" after reading this.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
let me tell you something my friend,
world war 3 has already begun!

The Planned World War 3 - A Play in Numerous Acts



A Three World War scenario was developed several decades ago. Two World Wars have already been achieved, and the Third and final World War envisions an attack on Iraq as being the trigger to set the entire Middle East into fiery conflagration. Once America is firmly entrenched into Iraq (or elsewhere in the Middle East - like Iran) with the majority of her first-line units, North Korea is to attack South Korea. Then, with America's forces stretched well beyond the limit, China is to invade Taiwan. This will usher in the start of World War Three.


World War 3 Timeline:
These are, we believe, the elements of the planned Third World War:

Prelude - The events leading up to the start of World War Three, including Sept 11, 2001.

Act 1 - The Middle East. Widespread conflict to bring the entire region into the flames of war, possibly triggered by Iran or militants in Pakistan using North Korean supplied nuclear arms. The first Scene in this Act is the US Invasion of Iraq on March 20, 2003.

Act 2 - Israel at War -- Against her Arab neighbors, possibly Palestine. A Palestinian State will be established, so that all Israelis will be fully separated from Palestinians (listen out for mention of a 7-year treaty to be confirmed by a World Leader - probably Bush), only for Israel to viciously attack Palestine shortly thereafter.

Act 3 - Far East -- "Hair-raising nuclear confrontation that threatens mankind's existence" - Peter Lemesurier, author of The Armageddon Script, p. 223, written in 1981. Includes China invading Taiwan and a nuclear eruption on the Korean Peninsula.

Act 4 - Erosion of Confidence in 'The System' so severe citizens will be panicked into giving up liberties and Constitutional form of government. The plan calls for the dissolution of the US Constitution, triggered by a significant enough 'terrorist' attack.

Act 5 - The collapse of the US, and other Western economies and morals.


source: three.world.wars


Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.
Winston Churchill



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
WWIII is already in full swing with the War on Terrorism.
WWIV would be the China & Russia attacking the USA war.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
WWIII was fought between the US and China 4 years ago when I left the toilet seat up and my wife started attacking right then and there. I was obliterated in the attack. My wife is Chinese and I am American (no joke). So...China won WWIII.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
WWIII was fought between the US and China 4 years ago when I left the toilet seat up and my wife started attacking right then and there. I was obliterated in the attack. My wife is Chinese and I am American (no joke). So...China won WWIII.





you are one crazy man skippytjc!



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
On a more serious note and back to the topic at hand. How many countries are required to participate in a war before it recieves the title "World War"? I dont think the war on Terror is at world war status at the moment, but if a few more conflicts break out that could well complicate things irreversably.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You got to be crazy these days. Otherwise you would go....um....CRAZY!! There is so much going on its hard to deal with. I think I was happier when I was one of the sheeple.

This stuff is scary as heck though. Its all very real. Or at least very tangible and possible in todays contexts.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yup, we are buiding up to WWIII and will soon be in it. If anyone has sense don't support US's war on Iran. There are some people, believe or not, a lot of religious fanatics, who want this nuclear WWIII, just to fulfill prophecy.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
There is so much going on its hard to deal with. I think I was happier when I was one of the sheeple.


Unfortunatly true.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
IF the US and Iran go to war, China is not going to get involved over a mere 70 billion dollars. The Cold War might be 'over', but MAD still applies.

If anything, war with Iran will trigger other 'extremist' islamic states to choose a side. I can't imagine, say, Syria seeing Iraq and then Iran invaded and conquered and still being 'recalcitrant' but not openly aggressive. Seems it would be somethign that would force them to go one way or the other. Same with most groups operating in 'cooperative' states, especially the tribes in anarchic waziristan, musharraf probably will have to make a move in that region, and that itself could result in pakistan having a revolution.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Yup, we are buiding up to WWIII and will soon be in it. If anyone has sense don't support US's war on Iran. There are some people, believe or not, a lot of religious fanatics, who want this nuclear WWIII, just to fulfill prophecy.


I too have heard and seen of this, certain evangelical christian groups who wish to manipulate american power to bring about events to fulfill prophecy and bring judgement day closer.

This is when religion gets too scary and goes too far for 99.9% of the population. This is also another reason why I oppose any US agression because of the political sway these groups may hold in the US.

thanks,
drfunk



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Is this thread talking about hypotheticals or is this serious?

Because reality is:
1. We're not going to invade Iran. Why not? Because there's no reason to. If we are going to attack.....we can do everything from the air.

2. lol @ Russia and China attacking the US. China is on the rise and Russia I know still wants to gain superpower status once again. It would not be in their best intrest (economically, militarily, etc.) to attack us as it would only set them back 25-50-100 years.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It certainly is possible. Think about it, all dictators want to do is rule over the people. In a nuclear exchange between China/Russia and rest of nuclear powers, I bet China/Russia would come off much better, due to their underground complexes they have been working on since the 1950's and the land mass they have. They even have underground complexes for hundreds of thousands of their citizens to occupy during a nuclear war. Also, keep in mind that todays ICBMs are a lot more efficient and produce very little radiation. I think as every day passes, MAD is becoming less and less important, especially to dictator countries.

I'd put my life on it that I'll see a nuclear war in my lifetime - I have just turned 19, so there's plenty of time



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
How will ET's respond to WW3?



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
we actually witnessed the start of WWIII on September 11, 2001.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MERC
On a more serious note and back to the topic at hand. How many countries are required to participate in a war before it recieves the title "World War"? I dont think the war on Terror is at world war status at the moment, but if a few more conflicts break out that could well complicate things irreversably.




World War Definition:

A World War is a military conflict spanning more than 2 continents, in which at least 20 major countries participate in an attack against a common enemy, and which has the attention of the man-in-the-street due to the significant loss of life.



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Would we perhaps see China or Russia fighting a proxy war with the US through Iran?

Much in the same way as the US fought a proxy war with Russia in Afghanistan during the 80’s.

How would the US react to that situation?



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clandestine
Would we perhaps see China or Russia fighting a proxy war with the US through Iran?

Much in the same way as the US fought a proxy war with Russia in Afghanistan during the 80’s.

How would the US react to that situation?


Why would they risk us reacting over something? All for Iran?? Please...
What makes you think they would be on the other side any way?



posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoobCommando
It certainly is possible. Think about it, all dictators want to do is rule over the people. In a nuclear exchange between China/Russia and rest of nuclear powers, I bet China/Russia would come off much better, due to their underground complexes they have been working on since the 1950's and the land mass they have. They even have underground complexes for hundreds of thousands of their citizens to occupy during a nuclear war. Also, keep in mind that todays ICBMs are a lot more efficient and produce very little radiation. I think as every day passes, MAD is becoming less and less important, especially to dictator countries.

I'd put my life on it that I'll see a nuclear war in my lifetime - I have just turned 19, so there's plenty of time


I'm sorry, but your picture of how this hypothetical nuclear war would play out is almost completely wrong.

First off, let us consider Russia. In their last wrgames in which they launched nuclear missles, there was a 100% FAILURE rate of the missles. Not a single one culd be launched and then hit it's target. Now, obviously you can't count on all of their weapons failing, but the point is that of all their stockpile of nuclear weapons, the majority of them are NOT ICBMs, which would be the most likely to be used in the initial phase. So say that of them, a large minority of them fail. Most of their bombers would never make it to the US either.

Then there is China. China has very few ICBMs compared to Russia and uses modified Russian rocket technology. China would be a relatively minor player in a nuclear exchange.

Then, the US. We have more nuclear weapons then the rest of the world combined. Our ICBMs can hit anywhere in the world so accurately that test fires can have them go between the uprights of a football goal post. No joke.

But more important then any of this is that Russia and China have NOTHING to gain by going to nuclear war with the US. What is their motivation? To protect Iran?


Do you really think they would risk their own nations complete nuclear destruction for Iran? I mean, the US has no intrest in attacking Russia or China for the same reason they do not want to attack us. Oil is important, but it is not THAT important. There are other places to get oil such as Africa an South America, not to mention Russia her self.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join