It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KimDotCom Tweets "I knew Seth Rich and was involved in Wikileaks DNC Leak

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: D8Tee

Link is 404.

And yeah Brad Bauman, the Democratic PR Crisis consultant, has as far as I can tell no connection to the Bauman Foundation.
Fixed link, it is worth a read.
fixed link

Interesting, even with the link fixed it still goes 404 sometimes.

If you google trent lapinski seth rich, it will come up I'm sure.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
So the big take down by Kim Dotcom and his ground breaking information ends up being a big fat nothing after all huh???

Boy, there are a few members here that have some serious egg on their face after all the sh*t they were talking over this ground breaking reveal.

Typical BS.

The same old media formula, and people keep falling for it.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My rule of thumb has become if there is a spin up over some future information on the internet then it most likely isn't going to happen.

Waiting for the day it's proven wrong with something meaningful.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
My rule of thumb has become if there is a spin up over some future information on the internet then it most likely isn't going to happen.

Waiting for the day it's proven wrong with something meaningful.

It works because people want to believe it's true. I'm thinking back to 2-3 months ago and there was someone with a new anti Hillary book out there. Fox had the person on TV every night for two weeks straight, always talking about how they were preparing, and how a big bombshell was about to come out. Then in the end? Silence. The person merely went away having gotten their book sales.

Hannity for his part, does this a lot. He often promises the world in his reporting but then delivers very little of actual substance.

It worked here, it worked in the past, and it will continue to work in the future.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Ok we get it, you are not happy with the announcement that Kim Dotcom is going to provide evidence to the FBI, nor do you understand the vastness of this news, and you think its another PR stunt. Noted...

Go away now.

edit on 24-5-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

Not happy? No, I really don't care either way. But for all the hype that was built up... nothing came of it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
OPEN LETTER FROM KIM DOTCOM TO FAMILY OF SETH RICH

Family of Seth Rich
c/- Aaron Rich
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Dear Aaron
SETH RICH – DNC LEAKS

Introduction

1. As you know, you and I have previously corresponded after I reached out to you to offer
my assistance with the GoFundMe campaign on behalf of the family of Mr Rich (family).
I understand from our communications that you are representing the family in relation to
the ongoing investigation into Mr Rich's death and I am writing to you in that capacity.

2. In particular, I am writing regarding recent statements about me that have been reported
globally (including in New Zealand) and attributed to the family. As set out in more detail
below, some of these statements are false and defamatory.

3. The purpose of this letter is to formally request that the family and their representatives
cease from making such statements about me going forward. This request is made in the
spirit of us constructively moving forward and allowing the investigation into the DNC leak
to progress without delay so that there can be an informed decision on whether it had any
involvement in Mr Rich's death, as many fear.

4. However, if these statements do not cease, it will be necessary for me to take further
action. It is ironic that the family complain of others potentially making statements that
they fear (without actually knowing) will be incorrect and then make incorrect statements
about me themselves.

5. I remain prepared to assist in the investigation, as I have said. While I want to show
understanding to the family in this difficult time, I also maintain that what I have said is true
and will be substantiated upon investigation. While that may be difficult for the family to
accept, in time I expect it to play a valuable part in revealing the truth. However, that is a
matter for the current investigation. I simply wish to make sure that the investigators have
the benefit of my evidence.

6. I have said that I will share what I know, and why, with the relevant authorities if the
appropriate arrangements can be made. That is what I understand from our
communications the family also want. The family, once fully informed, can then make up
their own mind, as will the investigation. However, that will not happen by ignoring the
evidence of witnesses like me who are prepared to speak up, or by seeking to discredit such witnesses by pre-emptively attacking their credibility. I simply ask that the family
listen, before attacking.

The statements

7. The statements in question include:

(a) variations on the statements below reported in the Washington Post article 'The life
and death of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory'; and

(b) allegations in the letter I understand the family sent to Fox News to the effect that I
have previously used false evidence.

8. Both are without any factual basis, for the reasons set out below.

Washington Post article

9. The Washington Post article states (in part):

When Seth Rich's Gmail account received an alert this week from Mega.com,
attempting to start a new account on a website created by the New Zealand-based
Internet businessman and convicted hacker Kim Dotcom, his family knew that
something was off.Over seven frenzied days, Dotcom had become a leading purveyor of the theory
that Rich, a staffer at the Democratic National Committee who was shot dead
near his home in Northeast Washington last summer, had supplied DNC
documents to WikiLeaks and was killed as a result. Multiple security analysts and
an FBI investigation have tied the release to hackers with ties to Russia. D.C.
police have said repeatedly that they think Rich was slain in a random robbery
attempt.

According to experts and Rich's family, the emailed invitation from
[email protected] appeared to be an attempt to gain access to Rich's email.
Joel Rich, who maintains his late son's Gmail account, did not click the link.
Meanwhile, Dotcom was promising on Twitter to prove that the younger Rich had
been in contact with WikiLeaks — and Fox News host Sean Hannity was telling
his 2.37 million Twitter followers to be ready for a revelation.

The latest revelation — that a hacker from New Zealand may have been trying as
recently as this week to hack into Rich's email — offered fresh evidence that the
conspiracy theory is false. Dotcom, it seemed, may have been willing to create a
fake archive of emails from Rich to "prove" his role in the DNC hack.

10. The clear inference the reader is invited to draw from the above is that I attempted to
hack Mr Rich's email account. This is simply not true and is made without any genuine
foundation. As you know, the email correspondence between us can be checked and
contains no such threat.

11. It is alleged that Mr Rich's email account received a verification email from mega.nz.
That may be so. But that does not mean that any attempt was made to hack his email
account. Literally anyone could have gone to Mega.nz and registered an account there
using Mr Rich's gmail address, which was publicly known. That would then have
resulted in Mega sending a verification email to that address. If someone had registered
Mr Rich's email at Dropbox for example, Dropbox would likewise have sent a
confirmation link. That has nothing to do with hacking.

12. If there has been an attempt to hack Mr Rich's email account, I know nothing of it and
there is no connection to me. There is no credible basis in fact to link me to any attempted
hacking of Mr Rich's email. If the family genuinely believe they can establish a link, which
I do not accept, then by all means disclose that and I will respond to it and rebut it openly.
I would welcome this. Once the allegation is shown to be without foundation, the focus
could once again return to the DNC leaks and Mr Rich's death.

13. The suggestion that I am attempting to plant evidence into Mr Rich's email account
would appear to be an attempt to discredit any evidence I may give before I have a
chance to give it. That those who seek to speak the truth are, as I have been, subjected
to a smear campaign to try to discredit them indicates to me that the truth is known and
not welcome.

(cont.)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71
(continued)
Letter to Fox News

14. The family's letter to Fox News includes the following false statements about me:

(a) "In March, Kim circulated a letter purporting to show a conspiracy against him".

(b) "New Zealand law enforcement officials investigated the letter thoroughly and
discovered without a shadow of a doubt that the letter was a forgery".

(c) "[He has] in the past, been caught using fabricated email evidence to forward his
own agenda and confuse people".

(d) "[He is] known to have pushed false evidence in the past".

15. These statements are incorrect because:

(a) I did not, in March or at any other time, circulate a letter purporting to show a
conspiracy against me. The alleged "letter" and "fabricated email evidence"
referred to is an alleged email from Kevin Tsujihara (Chief Executive of Warner
Brothers) to Michael Ellis (Asia-Pacific president of the Motion Picture Association
of America) (Email). The Email came to light in 2014. I did not publish, and never
used, this email as, once it was provided to me, I was concerned as to whether it
was reliable.

(b) I did not circulate the Email. Rather, the New Zealand Herald obtained a copy of
the Email and published it. For my part, I have publicly and transparently stated
that the email was easy to discredit because it did not have headers and I declined
to use it for that reason. It is a matter of public record that the Email was not in fact
used or disclosed by me. This is of course the opposite of what the statements in
the family's letter contend.

16. Accordingly, there is no factual basis for the statements in the letter. To the contrary, the
facts clearly indicate that I was not prepared to, and did not, use evidence that could not
be verified. To suggest otherwise is misleading and defamatory.

A way forward

17. The statements above appear to have been a calculated "pre-emptive strike" on my
reputation and credibility. The sad irony is that, as my conduct since receipt of the family's
email clearly shows, I was, and remain, prepared to accommodate the family's wishes.
Indeed, for respecting their wishes and making no further public comment, I have been
subjected to considerable criticism online and in the global media. However, I was
prepared to weather this criticism in the interests of accommodating the family's concerns.

18. It is unfortunate that matters have come to this as my objective is the same as the family's
– to see that the truth comes out and justice is done. What appears to have been
overlooked is that the easiest thing for someone in my position to do in this situation would
be to say nothing at all. However, that would not have helped or been right.

19. As should be clear from my conduct, and the emails we exchanged, I do not wish to cause
any distress for the family. But nor can I sit idly by without communicating what I know to
the appropriate authorities. I will, through my legal team, progress the necessary
arrangements with the authorities.

20. As I have repeatedly stated, while this process is ongoing, I do not intend to make further
public comment. However, I now find myself in the invidious position where, out of
deference and respect to the family, I have declined to make further public comment but
now find my reputation and credibility under attack from the family. If I am forced to
respond publicly to these incorrect and unfair allegations, it would have the opposite effect
of what the family has asked me to do and I have sought to accommodate.

21. I therefore request that, in the meantime, the family refrain from repeating the false
statements described in this letter. I have not taken the step of commencing defamation
proceedings in relation to the above statements although I would be entitled to do so in
New Zealand. I reserve all of my rights and remedies in this regard. My preference is that
the family and I move forward together. If, after learning what I have to say through the
appropriate channels (as requested by the family), the family choose not to accept it, that
is a matter for the family. I seek only to pass on what I know so that the truth can be fully
and openly investigated and then reported on. Why that should cause me to be unduly
attacked raises more questions than it answers. My view is that the truth is not something
to be feared.

22. If, however, the statements are repeated, I will have no choice but to consider the formal
legal options available to me. I hope this will not be necessary, hence this correspondence.

23. Please consider this request made in good faith and confirm by return that the family and
its agents will cease from further linking me to the alleged attempted hack of Mr Rich's
email and other unsupportable allegations.

Yours sincerely,
Kim Dotcom

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Well now, that opens up another can of worms.

He is very specific and direct in this letter, let us see what shall come of it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Everybody in DC knows this is the real deal. The idea that it's all made up or whatever is strictly for the dumb peasants out in the provinces.

It's clear that the family will be of no help because the political gangsters have already put the fear in them. Expect them to continue to do whatever the political gangsters demand of them for their own safety.

Advertisers are boycotting Hannity now for touching this story at all:

From Zerohedge's coverage:

Cars.com was the first advertiser to announce it was pulling ads, telling Buzzfeed News on Wednesday afternoon that “we’ve been watching closely and have recently made the decision to pull our advertising from Hannity.” It was followed by exercise bike company Peloton (which just closed a $325M Series E round financing), Leesa Sleep; mattress retailer Casper, insurance company USAA; home security equipment maker Ring and Crowne Plaza Hotels, all of which announced they would be redirecting their ad buys from Hannity’s shows.

I mean come on, that's amazing. The extraordinary nature of this boycott says it all. Every week, perhaps every night, Hannity says something that infuriates the average left/liberal person and would make them glad to support a boycott, but it seldom happens at all. Obviously this is coming from the advertising industry itself as their political masters have demanded it of them.

This story is huge, but it will take endurance to make anything happen. There is so much resistance to checking political gangsterism from above that the people will have to be ready to keep this issue alive for as long as it takes.

IF the people can keep this story alive, eventually the "deep state" will eat it's own, one way or another. They might kill their own people. They might simply allow prosecution to keep the fire from spreading. The law is well equipped for dealing with political gangsters because the law is already well equipped for dealing with gangsters:

Rico: the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act

It's up to the people to send the message that political gangsterism is unacceptable and that there can be no 'get out of jail free' cards for it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Retweeted on KDC twitter page:

Seth Rich's dad says Brad Baumann was assigned to them by the DNC and he has no idea why.

twitter.com...

So WHO is paying Brad Bauman...It certainly isn't the Rich family.
edit on 25-5-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Here's an interesting bit linked down in the replies to that tweet. I've seen it referenced in a few places but haven't followed up on it yet:

The FBI’s Washington Field Office is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of stolen weapons. On Sunday, July 10, 2016, between 12:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m., unknown subjects burglarized an FBI special agent’s vehicle and removed a secured gun lock box which contained weapons and other equipment. The vehicle was parked in the H Street Corridor near H and Seventh Streets, N.E., in Washington, D.C. The lock box, which contained the items listed below, was fitted for authorized use in a government vehicle.

FBI Offers Up to $10,000 Reward to Recover Stolen Weapons

Coincidental, no?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I've just read a tweet about this...I think it's meant to explain that any FBI action or inaction in the Seth Rich murder case is solely attributed to the idea that Seth was killed with a 'stolen' FBI gun.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The Rich's say that Bauman was assigned/recommended to the Rich family by two of Seth's "friends" from the DNC.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I wonder what caliber the murder weapon is?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Also, the weapons were stolen on 10 July, 2016.
The story offering the reward was published 22 July, 2016.

Would the FBI normally wait 12 days to report stolen weapons?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I've just read a tweet about this...I think it's meant to explain that any FBI action or inaction in the Seth Rich murder case is solely attributed to the idea that Seth was killed with a 'stolen' FBI gun.

Whoa!!! The thot plickens!!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Odd, that with all the concern over Seth's murder...the DNC has offered $0 towards a reward for his killer(s) capture.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
WHY did the body cams from the DC LEO's that found Seth...Suddenly go missing?

“According to Public Incident Report CCN #16113797 dated July 10, 2016 by the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Police Department, former DNC employee and the leaker of emails to WikiLeaks, Seth Rich was alive when the police found him on that date.

He died later that morning. The report also notes that Rich was conscious and breathing with gunshot wounds to his back when the police found him. The report also notes that at least three of the police at the scene wore body cameras that night.

The video from the body cameras has gone missing.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Of the items stolen from the FBI vehicle included:
Motorola radio APX-7000, Serial Number 655CLT044

That could provide the assailant(s) a heads up.
edit on 25-5-2017 by abago71 because: added FBI in front of vehicle

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join