It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lieberman appointment may be huge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Call the Jews what you will. I don't really care one way or the other. Your label and obviously not a compliment intended.

Don't have much good to say, do you? But nothing new there. Of course, as you say D.C. is full of lawyers. Better that Trump picked one that worked for a competing Law Firm. Perhaps a foreign one. That would avoid any potential impropriety of nationalist 'conflict of interest'.

YAWN

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Lieberman is not aligned with the radicals who now run the Dem Party. They probably fear him more than Trump, he would be a great appointment.

They pushed him out of the Dem Party. He is a huge Israel supporter whereas the Dem Party is in thick with the Muslim Brotherhood. If he heads the FBI, get ready for a real swamp draining. The tentacles of terror in the form of the Muslim Brotherhood will be getting chopped off left and right.

Expect a media onslaught against him, the traitors of this country do not want him heading the FBI.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Lieberman is not aligned with the radicals who now run the Dem Party. They probably fear him more than Trump, he would be a great appointment.

Expect a media onslaught against him, the traitors of this country do not want him heading the FBI.

Is there a rule or something which states that the FBI Director cannot be a politician? That's the basis of all the whining I'm hearing from guests appearing liberal media outlets.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is there a rule or something which states that the FBI Director cannot be a politician? That's the basis of all the whining I'm hearing from guests appearing liberal media outlets.

Nope no rule. POTUS can send any pick to the Senate for approval.
The head of the FBI is not an investigator, they are an administrator. Even a high school principal is qualified.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

and if has assisted in any of trump's cases and walked away with pertinent knowledge that was relevant to the fbi investigation, will you be screaming that he remove himself from any cases that might involve trump???

Call the Jews what you will. I don't really care one way or the other. Your label and obviously not a compliment intended.

ya know, I have no idea what in hades you are talking about here! you can search high an low on ATS and you will never find a post where I am using any derogatory term in reference to the jews...
it's just you, trying to discredit me any way you can, because you know...
I am right!! Leiberman is not a good pick because he is currently working for the law firm that had been representing trump since at least 2001!!!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

They pushed him out of the Dem Party. He is a huge Israel supporter whereas the Dem Party is in thick with the Muslim Brotherhood. If he heads the FBI, get ready for a real swamp draining. The tentacles of terror in the form of the Muslim Brotherhood will be getting chopped off left and right.

It would explain some of the left vitriol in response to the thread. It was merely a 'thought' and not based on any evidence on my part. His targeting of Isis supporters within the deep state would address part of the swamp, wouldn't it.

Interesting.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I doubt if you could find any post here on ATS where I even used the word zionist!! outside of this one your are reading right here! so don't tell me what I call the jews, I don't call them anything!
the FBI isn't supposed to be influenced by politics, so all you have to say about the politicians is really not that relevant, is it?
my gripe is that you seem to think that it's perfectly okay for trump to put someone in the FBI to oversee an investigation that he is connected to that has been working for the company that is his legal representation in of his legal matters.
it would be kind of like having a law firm represent both the husband and wife in a divorce hearing..

who would I recommend?? gee I don't know, let's find someone who's worked in the field, who's had the leaks published in the papers blow their covers, who knows that at the other end of some these silly games the politicians like to play, there are real men and women lives at risk, be they holding an fbi badge, a cia, or whatever.

Apologies, It was Willtell, not you. My bad.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The head of the FBI is not an investigator, they are an administrator. Even a high school principal is qualified.

Thank-you! Well then, it would seem that Democrats are still unable to comprehend that President Trump was elected to be a different kind of leader. A mold-breaker. Joe Lieberman for FBI Director. Make it happen, Mr. President and U.S. Senate!

FYI: How Lieberman became a Trump supporter: www.newsweek.com...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Thank-you! Well then, it would seem that Democrats are still unable to comprehend that President Trump was elected to be a different kind of leader. A mold-breaker. Joe Lieberman for FBI Director. Make it happen, Mr. President and U.S. Senate!

FYI: How Lieberman became a Trump supporter: www.newsweek.com...

A very interesting article. Ironic- as well as unnerving- that he's friends with McCain. One started right and moved left and the other left and moved right.

It answers a lot of areas I had questions about Lieberman as I hadn't particularly followed the man. It states that he'd resign from the law firm if this reached the confirmation process.

Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
it seems that there's another person just appointed as a head of an investigation into this that has this problem..

Robert Mueller worked for firm that represented Ivanka, Kushner and Manafort.

in both cases, the firms have stated clearly that they didn't have any involvement in cases for anyone involve in the trump administration.

and well it seems that:

Richard Painter, the former White House ethics lawyer under President George W. Bush, said government attorneys are usually required to recuse themselves from cases involving clients of their former firms.

But Painter, who has joined a lawsuit accusing Trump of violating the Constitution’s Emoluments Clause, said the Justice Department is permitted to waive that requirement.

www.rawstory.com...

so, I suppose in both these cases, it would depend on weather or not the justice dept would be willing to waive the requirement.
otherwise we could have three separate instances where there's been kind of a decapitation of the groups involved in investigating this...
justice dept has already had it's head taken out of the investigations, and by what I read, the deputy there has something questionable about him.
lieberman could be forced to remove himself from any investigation involving trump and his businesses, along with his campaign..
and then there's mueller heading the special counsel who could possibly be removed from any investigation involving Ivanka, her husband and Manafort.

if it was any other administration I probably would tend to believe that sanity would rule the day and they'd be left to do the job without interference from the admistration, but trump has given me the impression that he thinks he can do whatever he wants, and then just turn around and whine about how he's been the worst treated president in history...

and, I'll just put this little tidbit here:

Name partner Marc Kasowitz essentially served as Trump’s legal heavy during the 2016 campaign, threatening to file suit against the New York Times after the publication of reports concerning his tax returns and several women’s sexual assault allegations, while name partner David Friedman served as Trump’s campaign adviser on U.S.-Israel relations.

Friedman was later nominated — and then confirmed — to become the U.S. Ambassador to Israel. Friedman was confirmed by the Senate on March 23, and he was scrubbed from the firm’s name the very next day. Was this a political maneuver to distance the firm from the Trump administration?

abovethelaw.com...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You may very well prove out right on this. Personally, I feel it's minutia, at best.

Perhaps I'd feel more confident in your view of it if I had seen the same 'dedication' during the Obama administration.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Perhaps I'd feel more confident in your view of it if I had seen the same 'dedication' during the Obama administration.

I could say the same thing about the republicans....
heck while so many are crying that the investigation into russia tampering and collusion has gone this long and nothing has been found so it should be ended....
planned parenthood has probably been investigated at least as long, if not longer... and they are crying because the FBI hasn't begun their own investigation on their request!!!

Grassley to Trump’s DOJ: Prosecute Planned Parenthood

May 1, 2017, 3:54pm Sofia Resnick

The Senate Judiciary chair sent a 547-page report to Justice Department officials that fails to provide evidence that the Planned Parenthood entities violated federal law.

rewire.news...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Frankly, I was referring to you, not the Dems or Republicans. I'm done with both parties.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I could say the same thing about the republicans....
heck while so many are crying that the investigation into russia tampering and collusion has gone this long and nothing has been found so it should be ended....
planned parenthood has probably been investigated at least as long, if not longer... and they are crying because the FBI hasn't begun their own investigation on their request!!!

Grassley to Trump’s DOJ: Prosecute Planned Parenthood

May 1, 2017, 3:54pm Sofia Resnick

The Senate Judiciary chair sent a 547-page report to Justice Department officials that fails to provide evidence that the Planned Parenthood entities violated federal law.

rewire.news...

Pretty simple stuff here. Don't murder children and sell their parts to the highest bidder and you will not be investigated.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Joe Lieberman is officially out of consideration for FBI director. Too old.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join