It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since The Political Madness Hasn't Settled Down..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
.....I'm done! Not completely but with anything politically related.

I'm all about free speech, but lately ATS has been a gaggle of rabid OCD, pick-a-side propaganda machines. Is anyone else feeling or seeing this?

I have been on ATS for years, seen many cycles, but the current trend is just overwhelming so I decided to just ignore anything political on ATS. It's enough we have to hear this BS 24/7 everywhere there's a TV, Radio, or public place, but ATS used to be a safe haven, with exception of election times.

Key words that will make me ignore a thread DNC, Trump, Comey, CAPITAL LETTER TITLES ( which by the way is a violation of the T&C), Hillary, Obama, Republicans, so basically anything political.

I'm not exactly sure what people think they are solving, but there's a huge difference between political awareness and political madness, so hopefully folks will step out of the arena, and get themselves a dose of balance/manners.

People seem to be more worried about being right, than being a decent human being and posting something constructive on ATS. The days of level headed argumentation appear to be all but gone, so hopefully in the near future ATS will go back to it's roots.

I think the time I wasted, in the political arenas, may have been better spent watching, and trying to film UFO's.

Warmest Regards,

RT

edit on 21-5-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I haven't watch Fox News, MSNBC, or CNN in five years. What's the point. All the political theater has absolutely nothing to do with my life.

So what if Trump obstructed justice. As a liberal what difference does it make if Pence becomes president. It's all meaningless BS design to keep the status quo and make sure NOTHING changes. Once ACA taxes are repealed absolutely NOTHING will have change in 10 years. That's good politics!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
That's good politics!

Good politics these days is not being able to agree on the color of dog crap, but the funny thing is it might not even be dog crap in the first place.

I hear you though I don't watch, or even listen to anything televised anymore it's been years actually, but the madness has seemed to have crept into ATS, so it's like wadding through knee-high BS to get to anything worth while.

edit on 21-5-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

What are you all crying about? You can easily ignore all the politic topics. The other forums are still being used for discussions of many different topics. If you don't like politics then just ignore it. It's not that hard.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Preach!

I'm with you though I might be taking an actual extended leave from here.

The recent last days of threads has pushed me to the point of questioning if there is any value of remaining or contributing to ATS.

I am already searching for greener pastures beyond these forums.

Politics has seemed to damage this site. It is certainly a lot different then it was when I was on here under my old account around 2012.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

What are you all crying about? You can easily ignore all the politic topics. The other forums are still being used for discussions of many different topics. If you don't like politics then just ignore it. It's not that hard.

Did you notice the forum this is in?

Since this is in the "Rant Forum"....Guess what?..........wait for it.......it's a rant. lol

Yes it's easy to wade through, but the fact that it dominates all the top slots is a bit disturbing.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Lol politics spills over into all the other forums one way or another, so do the bad attitudes and condescension from the political mud-pit. People are just plain rude now no matter where you choose to participate, that's an effect of the political brainwashing happening around here lately.

It really isn't as easy as you seen to think seeing as how that's pretty much all you ever see being posted. The same 10-20 posters constantly posting political propaganda 24/7, this is no longer an alternative site but a mainstream one where mainstream topics are discussed ad nauseum.

ATS isn't what it used to be, can you blame people for being a little pissed about what has happened to one of their favorite places to visit?
edit on 5/21/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

but the fact that it dominates all the top slots is a bit disturbing

This may be one of the reasons why. Flag hungry partisans know it will get a lot of traffic, so they find any reason for a thread regardless of the significance.

I will admit I participate in the mud slinging, but atleast I try to add value to this site when it's up to me and my own threads.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yeah I think I'm done with political threads too. Nothing constructive about these same two faced arguments but a window to spew hateful remarks against each other.

I am not about that and I find it way past time to put this issue to bed. Too many other things going on in the world more interesting than the same bs about Trump on here.

Good call OP I will do the same.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
this is no longer an alternative site but a mainstteam one where mainstream topics are discussed.

ATS isn't what it used to be, can you blame people for being a little pissed about what has happened to one of their favorite places to visit?

Very true words spoken here.

Manners, decorum, and what ATS used to be is slowly dwindling. ATS seems to have become an extension of "MSM political propaganda".

My rant is because I remember what ATS used to be like.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think the point of no return for me was yesterday when a new user posted their first thread in the mudpit.

I don't expect mudpit threads to be any bastion of wisdom but this one was low even by mudpit standards.

This new user was insulting and calling other users cucks and various other names and it was a complete rambling mess.

The thread manged to get 31 flags which is insane.

I said to myself if this is the new normal of what is acceptable on ATS then I should consider a leave of absence.

Why should I or any other person create a quality thread when someone can just crap out some turd mudpit thread and rack up tons of flags and fish for stars.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have to take the approach that it's like playing cyber rhetorical pool. It's adult entertainment, It's a game, it's fun and sometimes you win and some times you lose. If it's one big mud pit expect to get a little dirty.

I'm just happy we can still have free expression until they haul us off to the Fema camps, feed us poison tacos, and dump us back in the swamp.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I understand where you are coming from. I usually go with the flow of the live page and will click and comment on any topic that interests me and that is everything from mud to artwork. I am interested in US politics because I live in a country that is effected by US politics and the US politicians that politicize. I also believe that as long as the US Constitution remains the law of the land and is not attacked and butchered to suit unwanted ideals then the US will remain the bastion for freedom.

When I see what I perceive is an attack on what the Constitution stands for, or on the Constitution itself, I see it as an attack on freedom. For instance, Radical Islamic Terrorists want to destroy the Constitution and replace it with the Koran and Sharia law - this would be a grave mistake for the planet and should be fought at all levels at all times. There are other equal, but less overt, threats to the Constitution too - they also must be confronted and destroyed.

Anyway, this is why I don't mind engaging in the political forums, then again I usually only post a few times a day and also keep in mind that I'm a sucker for punishment too, and engaging in the political forums, as you have articulated, can be punishing.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm just happy we can still have free expression until they haul us off to the Fema camps, feed us poison tacos, and dump us back in the swamp.

Don't get everyone started on GMO tacos, and you are correct free expression is important. Maybe all this madness, vitriol, and horrible manners will result in a new awareness that's constructive.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I though you already understood there is a small army of bots/troll accounts embedded within the forums now whos job it is to flag these posts, most without replying. The funny thing is, if all the legit members simply ignored the threads, as some of you have committed to doing, you would merely see an echo chamber of new users with few posts and/or contributions that pretty much mirror the fake threads.

I don't know about yall, but I am making an effort here to contribute 3 non political threads a day when my schedule allows. Help us make ATS great again by submitting anything related to WW3, Peak Oil, the Markets, the Rothschild's, UFO's, or whatever else. We can outflood the political threads by simply contributing good non political ones.

Did you know the Norweigan Special forces just crossed into Syria today to advise and assist the FSA??? Someone should report on that.
edit on 5-21-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Good analogy, it really is just a game. Atleast for me, because I could care less about politics.

Being a cyber rhetorical pool shark is more important.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: olaru12

Don't get everyone started on GMO tacos, and you are correct free expression is important. Maybe all this madness, vitriol, and horrible manners will result in a new awareness that's constructive.

Well, that would be nice but eventually it will reach a breaking point and wide spread censorship will be the norm.
Only state approved free speech and free expression will be allowed. 1984 multiplied by a factor of X.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

When I see what I perceive is an attack on what the Constitution stands for, or on the Constitution itself, I see it as an attack on freedom. For instance, Radical Islamic Terrorists want to destroy the Constitution and replace it with the Koran and Sharia law - this would be a grave mistake for the planet and should be fought at all levels at all times. There are other equal, but less overt, threats to the Constitution too - they also must be confronted and destroyed.

Politics and Religion are both toxic and used to manipulate the masses, from the time we are born we are indoctrinated what to think and believe via those outlets. Our social arena is just an extension of the prior two.

What needs to happen is self-critical thinking from a young age minus the dogmas and politics, this way we may possibly achieve self-empowerment, without the interference of leaders that can't lead.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: olaru12

Good analogy, it really is just a game. Atleast for me, because I could care less about politics.

Being a cyber rhetorical pool shark is more important.

You are a worthy opponent!!! Rack em up!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is your Rant an all but honestly! I can read something on the Daily Fail or the CBC and now predict just how fast it'll get posted as a thread here. 3-2-1 BOOM! It's in new topics!! What the Actual???

No ones doing anything but posting Youtubes, or making a statement and typing "discuss".
Yeah...I'm not needing that insulting little admonishment. Forget multiple sources of a article, forget adding both the pro's and cos in an new thread. JEEZE!! This is very basic, who what when stuff!!!

I'm also making progress in weaning myself cause I can go MONTHS without seeing the words Trump, Liberal or Conservative. Any time I need a Trump tutorial from a liberal I'll ask my elderly mother. She at leasts loathes him for valid reasons. She grew up in NYC and REMEMBERS all the crap he pulled not paying vendors, screwing workers...as he built his fortune. That dirt actually never went away, it's just youngsters ignore history.

I too spend a lot of time in the archives. No choice really.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join