It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Address the Muslim World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: JinMI

There's a lot left to this trip so we'll see how consistent his language is throughout and then we have a scandal to get through when he returns. Policy wise, aside from this arms deal, we may have to wait a bit to how this plays out policy wise.

According to the White House, this trip is super scripted and meticulously planned. The Pope probably got to have input in President Trump's speech!

Although, there looks to have been some diplomatic riffs with Israel, so we'll see how it goes there.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

He's called for a complete ban on Muslims entering the US

No he hasn't, that's ridiculous.

has been battling the courts for a partial ban from certain countries as POTUS.

You mean just like previous administrations, for example the Obama administration, have done? God forbid we restrict travel from failed states full of terrorist groups and radical extremists where people can't be screened before travelling.

Trump has claimed that Islam hates us and ran a good part of his campaign, playing to fear and hatred of all things Islam.

You're welcome to go walk around Somalia or Yemen or Pakistan, we'll see how long you last.

Some partial transcripts of Trumps speech have been released (haven't found text of them yet) and to me, so far... it seems like a really good speech. One line that stuck out was about how acts of radicalism falsely invoke God and don't represent any faith, something I've always believed and stated.

So in other words, when you actually listen to Trump instead of the lying MSM outlets who are paid to trash him, he makes sense. It's quite ironic how you go from "Trump hates Muslims" to "Wow, I actually like what he has to say, and his comments about radicals are pretty sensible".

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Kali74

Couldn't watch the speech(es). The movie "Home" is on our tv for...reasons.

From what I've gathered here is that SA and Trump both made a visible stand against Iran? Interesting.

Perhaps Trump is attempting to lead Russia by their sanctions in an effort to test their resolve of their allies. Just spitballing here but that sounds like a crazy plan.

Actually it's very smart you just got 55 Muslim nations to side with the US. And thus left Russia backing a lame duck. This gives ammunition to talking Putin out of backing Iran.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Fine speech. When Trump stays on script, he is unstoppable. Most of the stuff he gets in trouble for are his off the cuff, many times sarcastic comments, that his enemies are lying in wait to exploit and attack him with. Trump is still new to the Presidency, as the years go by (and yes he will be there for years), he should become more disciplined in his messaging.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Actually it's very smart you just got 55 Muslim nations to side with the US

I wouldn't count on all Muslim nations being on the same page, just yet. And, there are only 22 nations at this summit.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This is what I said:

He's called for a complete ban on Muslims entering the US as a candidate

As a candidate. He did say that as a candidate, another poster embedded a clip of him saying it a rally on the 1st page of this thread, go look.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I thought it went well. Trump seemed a little preoccupied though, not sure why. Jet lag, maybe?

I noticed that he specifically stated the US would not interfere with the cultural traditions of the Middle East... something I am sure put a lot of minds at ease among the leaders. That constant interference from at least the last 16 years has been a consistent irritant toward relations.

I have to say, though, the stubbornness of the liberal mindset is amazing in its magnitude. Trump just had an extremely successful meeting with leaders of the Islamic world, and I didn't hear him 'soften' his positions one iota. If anything, he has solidified his disgust with radical Islamic terrorism, even calling them out for not believing their own religion. The world heard Trump's message during the campaign and understood what he meant. The world saw the Executive Orders as a ban on extremists. Yet, in the midst of a literally historic strength ingredients of ties between the US and the Muslim world, the same tired old propaganda about Trump hating all Muslims is still trotted out in what I thought was otherwise a very well-prepared OP.

No matter... Trump hit a home run so far. I'm sure this new-found alliance between Shiite nations will increase tension toward Syria/Iran/Russia, but the only other option I see is to roll over and beg them for mercy... which is not a good thing to do IMO.

Next step: Israel should be a great stop, a no-brainer if you will. The Vatican might be trickier... the Pope disagrees with the Donald on many issues. I suspect they will focus on peace, as that is the major area of agreement between them.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

Well Trump has visibly decided to stand with Saudi Arabia which is Saudi Oil vs Gazprom. What that actually translates to...

Securing petro dollars future.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Couldn't watch the speech(es). The movie "Home" is on our tv for...reasons.

From what I've gathered here is that SA and Trump both made a visible stand against Iran? Interesting.

Perhaps Trump is attempting to lead Russia by their sanctions in an effort to test their resolve of their allies. Just spitballing here but that sounds like a crazy plan.
I've come to that conclusion as well, sanctions will play a key part. Lets face it, Russia, Crimea and Ukraine, they ain't going away, a stipulation for sanctions to be lifted, so another approach is needed. Perhaps the leverage needed for support and action?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

This is what I said:

He's called for a complete ban on Muslims entering the US as a candidate

As a candidate. He did say that as a candidate, another poster embedded a clip of him saying it a rally on the 1st page of this thread, go look.

If you listen to more than 5 seconds of it, you realize he's calling for a temporary travel restriction from countries that have huge issues with radicalization, not a total permanent Muslim ban. As I'm sure has been pointed out many times already, Muslims are and have been free to travel to and from the U.S. from most Muslim-dominant countries. There is no Muslim ban, nor did Trump ever call for one. He called for a temporary travel restriction from very dangerous areas, just like Obama implemented before him.

Trump issued an executive order on Jan. 27 barring citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan and Libya from entering the United States for 90 days

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If it plays out like that, sure! I'm very cautiously optimistic.

Will surely check out the full speech when time permits.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I noticed that he specifically stated the US would not interfere with the cultural traditions of the Middle East... something I am sure put a lot of minds at ease among the leaders.

He also said that his administration would be flexible and willing to reconsider policy changes. I'm sure that went a long way too.

That constant interference from at least the last 16 years has been a consistent irritant toward relations.

Not to mention 16 years of pesky US bombings.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What is it about "a complete and total shut down of Muslims entering the U.S." you don't understand? No, he didn't say it was permanent, but he certainly did NOT say only restriction from certain countries. His campaign was based on a complete and total shut down of Muslims entering the U.S. "until we figure out what the hell is going on". That's what he said.

The executive orders he wrote were based on existing orders, because that was the easiest thing he could do right away to appeal to his base.

On the topic of the thread, his speech wasn't bad, I will admit that. Hopefully he has given up on his original campaign promises to shut all Muslims out and to heavily monitor all Muslim communities.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

He also said that his administration would be flexible and willing to reconsider policy changes. I'm sure that went a long way too.

One thing I have noticed about Trump is his approach to solving problems. He tends to first seek out knowledge. When he spoke as a candidate to the black church in Detroit, he repeated (paraphrasing because I'm old and too lazy to look up the video right now) that he was not there to tell anyone what they needed to do, but rather for them to tell him what was needed. That's a desire to learn more about a problem, and in the end is very conducive to resolution of the problem.

I believe that's the concept behind this trip. Trump is visiting the holiest sites of all three Abrahamic religions, and the leaders of those religions. How better to get a deeper understanding of the conflicts at the heart of Middle-Eastern conflict (and the terrorism that has spilled over from it)?

He just missed one, though... my mountain. God has a summer house up there.

Not to mention 16 years of pesky US bombings.

That's a direct result of our interference. It's us saying, "You have to be like us and do like us, or we'll kill you." Sound familiar?

Hopefully, Trump will figure that out. I hope he does.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

My only question is:

Will he make it back ?

I guess you do not understand...The Muslim counties LOVE HIM, we are the ones suggesting otherwise. It looks like he will go great distances with them where Obama couldn't get even one step. Obama the great, bringing the world together became Obama the great divider both here at home and abroad. I'm sure most on the left will get rather upset that Trump will be successful in this area.

Why is he a success? It is because he doesn't dance around waffling this way and that. He hasn't changed his views and calls it very explicitly to eradicate MUSLIM extremist. Here at home the left cover their ears when the word Muslim is used, Obama could not say it for like 6 years...you can't say that!! they say, lol yes he can, because that is what it is.

60 missiles and 100s of billions in military contracts in his first 100 days speaks power and power is what the Middle East respects. Obama's limp hand approach was the worst thing we could have done. Waffle to the Saudis, Waffle to the Iranians, Waffle with Syria, alienated Israel, create a huge vacuum to allow isis a foothold in the Middle East all on Obama's watch, so we will see how Trumps fixes it...
edit on 21-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
The Vatican might be trickier... the Pope disagrees with the Donald on many issues. I suspect they will focus on peace, as that is the major area of agreement between them.

TheRedneck

I can't wait for the Pope to lecture Trump about a wall..... as the Pope sits in the Vatican....which itself is walled...originally built to keep out marauding Muslims.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I thought it went well. Trump seemed a little preoccupied though, not sure why.

He was listening to the translator.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Trump also honored the Saudis by placing them first on his itinerary... appropriate because the trouble in the Middle East revolves around the Muslim religion, specifically the recent tendency for supposed followers to create jihadi cults. The Arabs are a proud people, with just cause. America needs a US/Muslim alliance just as much they they do. Such would be a juggernaut for peace.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"Radical Islamic"
"Extremists"

Trump used those words whenever he was talking about terrorists.
It was a false narrative pushed by his enemies that he was against all Muslims.
He never was against all Muslims.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join