It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Address the Muslim World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A great speech so far!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It's pretty authoritarian. He wants these countries to drive out "extremists". On the other hand, he's defending his "Muslim Ban" on refugees by telling these countries that they need to keep their refugees, who are running away from home.

Trump is getting breathless now. He loosing his rhythm.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is the first time I have seen him appear Presidential and haven't been embarrassed. I hope this is indicative of a turn in his approach to being POTUS.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Arnie123
So, from watching it, he starts off a bit soft spoken but as he moves along, you can literally see him become more confident. I'm liking what I see.

Yeah, he's smashing it. I'm impressed. Finally a real POTUS.

Yeah! Trump's speech writer should run for office! Trump should get another medal for reading it good.

You think I don't know that he's a puppet?

link   
What with the King calling out Iran, specifically, as the source of Middle Eastern terrorism, and now Trump calling them out for having a misguided leadership/government, I'd bet dollars to donuts that WAR is going to be declared soon!

edit on 21-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Logarock

Radicalized anyone can't get along with others. Can Aryan groups get along with anyone non-Aryan including other white people?

What you are saying then is that you welcome radicalized anyone. You would be fine with Nazis coming into America during the war and bitching about Jews exclusively being taken in. Like their must be some balance. And thats what the courts are saying as well while acting like guardians of the constitution.......that taking in Jew hatting Nazis from the heart of the Motherland is only fair when we are helping non Nazis escape or fight.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Well he is an authoritarian addressing a room full of largely authoritarian leaders.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I'm saying no such thing. You're stuck. Move on.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
So, from watching it, he starts off a bit soft spoken but as he moves along, you can literally see him become more confident. I'm liking what I see.

Yeah, he's smashing it. I'm impressed. Finally a real POTUS.

Yeah! Trump's speech writer should run for office! Trump should get another medal for reading it good.

You think I don't know that he's a puppet?

I thought he was a genius master 3D chess player! LOL

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What with the King calling out Iran, specifically, as the source of Middle Eastern terrorism, and now Trump calling them out for having a misguided leadership/government, I'd bet dollars to donuts that WAR is going to be declared soon!

I called that one a year ago... Check my threads.

link   
Speech just ended. Love how ended it with immediate applause.

No standing ovation, but very respectful and powerful applause.

link   

Well he is an authoritarian addressing a room full of largely authoritarian leaders.

Yep. Pandering 101

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It's pretty authoritarian. He wants these countries to drive out "extremists".

oh no he asked Muslim country's to do more to stop Muslim extremism, what a monster.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Interesting, what are those drinks they recieved? At the conclusion of the speech, I mean...
edit on 21-5-2017 by Arnie123 because: Added info

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Let's hope not. That will only create more room for terrorism to grow.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I'm listening to Arab Radio, and their commentators are saying this is "Brut" politics that WILL lead to war with Iran.
edit on 21-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Let's hope not. That will only create more room for terrorism to grow.

Well, Saudi Arabia has to use those 100 billion dollars worth of weapons somewhere, somehow!

link   
Trump to terrorists: 'Your soul will be condemned!'

link   

Yep. They've been on the hit list since the year 2000.

link   

Most of us are well aware that Trump has had nothing but negative things to say about Islam since before he decided to become a politician. He's called for a complete ban on Muslims entering the US as a candidate and has been battling the courts for a partial ban from certain countries as POTUS. Trump has claimed that Islam hates us and ran a good part of his campaign, playing to fear and hatred of all things Islam.

Some partial transcripts of Trumps speech have been released (haven't found text of them yet) and to me, so far... it seems like a really good speech. One line that stuck out was about how acts of radicalism falsely invoke God and don't represent any faith, something I've always believed and stated.

Overall the speech seems like it might be a much, much softer position on Islam than he has ever displayed before and I really hope that fleshes out because he has the power to sway the minds of his supporters.

I do have to wonder though, if he will stay on script...

Skipped all the pages - just wanted to say that his stance hasn't changed. His intentions haven't changed. Only his tone has changed because he now knows his mouth gets him in trouble and he needs to be more clear and precise with his words.

He has always been sincere with his intentions since the beginning, it was just the media misconstruing his words to fit their demon agenda.

$0.02
edit on 21-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join