It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Address the Muslim World

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:
(post by The3murph removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: The3murph

Gee mister. Don't call me names and stuff. Why, that will be the death of little ol me. I can take anything but that.

Whatever shall I do???

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Just be thankful that no one has placed a scratch and sniff sticker at the bottom of a swimming pool you are in.

Ah that explains you.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Gee mister. Don't call me names and stuff. Why, that will be the death of little ol me. I can take anything but that.

Whatever shall I do???

Get triggered again probably...

"Get your hate speech off this campus!"

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Whatever shall I do???

Do you need a safe space??

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Just be thankful that no one has placed a scratch and sniff sticker at the bottom of a swimming pool you are in.

Ah that explains you.

Well...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I love how he starts off talking to me calling me a loony and talking sh*t and yet I'm the bad guy.

No self reflection on what he's done at all. Then he gets offended when I respond in a harsh way.

If others are nice, I'm nice. If they're not, then I probably won't be either. Seems simple enough. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about that.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Ya, can I come over to your house??? You can rub my tummy and tell me it's all going to be ok.

I always enjoy that.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Why put such an important topic in the "Mud Pit" ? You know it's going to devolve into nothing more than juvenile name calling and cursing. ATS used to be a lot better than this, a lot more civil, and focused on actual discussion. The "Mud Pit" is one of the worst features of ATS.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ya, can I come over to your house??? You can rub my tummy and tell me it's all going to be ok.

I always enjoy that.

As long as you bring beer

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

I love how he starts off talking to me calling me a loony and talking sh*t and yet I'm the bad guy.

No self reflection on what he's done at all. Then he gets offended when I respond in a harsh way.

If others are nice, I'm nice. If they're not, then I probably won't be either. Seems simple enough. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about that.

Offended? I don't think so. I don't get offended..

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Why put such an important topic in the "Mud Pit" ? You know it's going to devolve into nothing more than juvenile name calling and cursing. ATS used to be a lot better than this, a lot more civil, and focused on actual discussion. The "Mud Pit" is one of the worst features of ATS.

Or one of the best depending on people? It's fun and funny to watch people bicker at each other.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I agree, we should be nice to people. I also think we should control immigration from radical hotspots.

Time to close the gates.

The Qu'ran dictates that Islam must conquer the world, and unbelievers must be killed. I am sure most of them just want to mind their own business, but I am also sure that many of them are just biding their time until they can grow in numbers and install Sharia courts etc., just like in the UK.

Most highly religious people try to follow the religion they practice as closely as possible.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Not all mud pits are like this though. They get this way because even when trying to have some kind of conversation you get attacked for no reason with people falsely accusing you personally over and over until you have to say something about it.

A better question is why is it allowed for any random jackass to come and troll these boards, gang up on others for no reason, and not be the slightest bit accountable for anything they say???

It's not like actual members who like this place, of which I'm one believe it or not, come here and just start acting crazy. They are set off by a repetition of stupid trolls who don't give a damn about this site or the conversation and they are allowed to do it again and again.

Don't you get tired of that??? If that happens to you that is. I mean you and I don't always agree but I'm perfectly ok discussing something with you.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'll bring you beer. I'm a whiskey drinker myself.

But we'll both meet somewhere in the middle eventually.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Sure. Nobody wants to let in a bunch of terrorists. I think that's a given. Currently there is some sort of problem which has either latched on to Islam or brewing from it or whatever. I'm not a big fan of religion so I don't know what it's from.

At the same time, I believe in Religious Freedom. If I let the Christians do their thing then I have to let others do their thing so they'll let me do my thing. Fair is fair.

That's why I try and extend that to all religion until they get out of hand and get up in my face talking their BS. So I totally get the whole no muslim thing to a point. But I also know they aren't all bad. I interact with the ones here and they seem fine. We don't bother with each other and everything seems cool. I doubt they'd agree with my lifestyle or me theirs. So we don't go there.

But I get what you're saying.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't like or believe in any religion. I think they are all nonsense. I could care less what people believe.

When that religion impedes on other peoples human rights/civil liberties, that's where I draw the line, and everyone else should as well.

Islam needs to go through an enlightenment/reformation, just like Christianity did. Until it does, it will continue to be the biggest threat to modern civilization other than out of control centralized government.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

There are about 3 million Muslims in the USA. I don't see anyone worrying about that. Radical Islam is the threat. I understand that we cannot recognize terrorists among peacful Muslims.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Actually the biggest threat to humanity is bombing people to death and driving their left over, heartbroken loved ones into the arms of terror groups.

Stop doing that and you've won half the battle.
edit on 21-5-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Correction.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That has to come from within the Religion though and I'm not sure anyone can make it happen. There is an internal conflict within that Religion that has to be solved by them. Nobody on the outside can do it.

This is also largely political and the religion is being used as a tool in that political struggle. Religion isn't about Politics and when it tries to be all hell breaks loose for both Religion and Politics. That's why everyone should want them separate. But even here there is a Christian segment of that religion that is very political and choose that as a way to fight their battles. It's not good for anyone, especially for our system which isn't set up for that.

Whatever Islam needs to figure out I say give them room over in the middle east to figure it out with each other and leave others alone until they figure out what they're doing. For those who want nothing to do with it and want to be somewhere else. Fine, you can come here or go elsewhere but when you do you have to obey the rules of whoever takes you in. That's fair. Then let the crazies fight it out and wait to see who wins.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join