It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Myths about prior civilizations on Earth, and their destruction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just goes to show you. The folks responsible for creating civilization and history all pretty much seemed to think that telling people the "right" way to live by using heavy-handed metaphors was the way to go. Apparently one more thing all cultures like to do.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Interesting stuff. You should write a post on ATS about Sybille Airithrea when you have time, I found nothing online on him/her and would like to learn more
Are these myths that are passed down orally in Greece?

Thanks!

-MM
edit on 27-5-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Sure, but could it be because these cultures only remeber as far back as their own Age and not the Ages before them? And when it comes to Ancient Egypt, is that not where we have the Atlantis myth from - which was destroyed in a great deluge?

-MM

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Sure, but could it be because these cultures only remeber as far back as their own Age and not the Ages before them? And when it comes to Ancient Egypt, is that not where we have the Atlantis myth from - which was destroyed in a great deluge?

-MM

No. Atlantis comes only from Plato.
Plato sets it up with the claim that Solon got the story in Sais, Egypt, but there's no evidence of that and Solon lived around 600 BC so there should be something of the evidence left in Egypt if it was literally true.

Harte

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

-MM

Plato sets it up with the claim that Solon got the story in Sais, Egypt, but there's no evidence of that and Solon lived around 600 BC so there should be something of the evidence left in Egypt if it was literally true.

Harte

You should read Zep Tepi (“The First Time”) stories from Ancient Egypt, they tell of Toth surviving a great Deluge along with seven sages. Zep Tepi is part of the Edfu Building Texts.

-MM

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Ploutonas

Interesting stuff. You should write a post on ATS about Sybille Airithrea when you have time, I found nothing online on him/her and would like to learn more
Are these myths that are passed down orally in Greece?

Thanks!

-MM

There is plenty of stuff in greek ... Here is the english wiki, without a date because she is very ancient, consider that history want her as the sister of Apollo, en.wikipedia.org...

The english of Airithrea translation is Erythraean Sibyl

en.wikipedia.org...

I hope you can find some leftovers of her prophecies, she is the first Sybille of all and she spoke about all apocalyptic prophecies. The problem is, they burn all Alexandrian libraries, all original books, only few pages and all of them hidden, some info is out. Jewish crafted the bronze books in today israel and they are faked, they promote throw sybil prophecies their yahbeh, sybils considered as today celebrities, so their word was very much respected, jews used that tool in order to force persuade their beliefs into the world. That is also why the church is recognizing the bronze books but declines anything else.. lol

For the chip she said : at the time the states will force a grain of rice under the skin and this grain of rice will be official documents, its an indication that the gods are coming back.

Never forget the last prophecy by the last sybil.. she said : there will be one day when Foibos (foibos is Apollo) will return and will remain forever, they destroyed the temples and their prophecies after that.. (romans). How the Hellenic empire ended, since the age of Pericles, zionism infiltrated in today Greece, zionism corrupted the Hellenic empire and fall, romans took over - Romans are pro zionists and they finished the job. But the good thing theyve done, they repaired some of the destroyed temples.. (french and other europeans destroyed them later on).

Pericles age, Parthenon was not existant, when zionism infiltrated Hellenic empire, sadenly a reptilian humanoid appeared and she pro-claimed her self as Goddess Athena, she gave birth to Kekrops later on as a forced king of today Athens, half reptile and half human. She promoted democracy, etc. They built temples and they start praising many gods. You all got the idea, what trully happened. Democracy actually is a tool that can be anything, depends who is using it, its a great tool of corruption too (we all know today that all wars are forced because of "democracy" today and all the unworthy rule the world because of it). The twelve gods of Olympus is a crafted religion by romans, they genocide up to 60 million greeks in order to force it. We greeks have ZEUS and his family tree (Arhs, Deimos, Zeus, Hra, Artemhs, etc) My island that I live and I was born, is the island of Artemhs in all ancient books...

Athena originally is a Titan who also helped in the creation along with Prometheus. Athena also took part in the great war. That means Athena is not a Goddess, is a planetoid, a vehicle of the gods (a war planet maybe, also scientific). Iapetus also was a creator of Iapetides tribes (known as saturneans or Kroneans) We all see Iapetus as the moon of saturn today, is a Titan...

Athena departed long ago and a reptile played some theatre to be praised as Goddess. Athena is also considered as the planet Nemesis (a brown planet, brown because of the color of her shield). Mythologically we know about Titan Athena, Zeus gave her the weapon of Medussa (her head) to protect it... Maybe there is a real Goddess Athena, but she is departed much before Atlantis.

In my island today, there is references in the local libraries, that Athenians after they built their temple of their Athena, used boats to visit all surround islands and get some fees for the king, also killed anybody who didnt accepted their goddess Athena. This is a confirmation that THIS GODDESS athena was not accepted and they used force to make people believe in her.

All in all, there is an Athena but there isnt at the same time. The modern Athena 3000y ago, just take it with a huge grain of salt. When the original Athena comes back, she will be very very angry...
here is the wiki of Cecrops (Kekropas) en.wikipedia.org...

and sorry for my very tiring english, I am dyslexic and I use word document to avoid some mistakes.
edit on 27-5-2017 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

-MM

Cultural memory is very iffy and more based on priest and ruler propaganda than reality.

The Atlantis myth comes from Plato. There is nothing at all like Atlantis in the hundreds of thousands of inscriptions that have been translated.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

-MM

Harte

You should read Zep Tepi (“The First Time”) stories from Ancient Egypt, they tell of Toth surviving a great Deluge along with seven sages. Zep Tepi is part of the Edfu Building Texts.

-MM

The Edfu texts were written in Ptolemaic times and show a Greek influence (the Ptolemies were Greeks, as you know.) So they date to about 200 years AFTER Plato: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
One would think that the seventh wonder of the ancient world would
carry massive brag'n rights for it's builder. The way the egyptians were?
Recording this and commemorating that often in repetition? Yet no
Pharoah laid claim to it as far as I know. It's all what is believed in
speculation. Biased or not we are told what to believe.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

It might just be that once a civilisation gets going, its inherent flaw will be over centralisation, when the centre of it dies the rest of the body collapses as well. We have parallels, and numerous so called dark ages.The more centralised the system gets, the smaller the head of the beast. If this present one goes down which it will, as they all do. I don't fancy any quick recovery. As most of the knowledge is on computers with half an hours battery life.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
One would think that the seventh wonder of the ancient world would
carry massive brag'n rights for it's builder. The way the egyptians were?
Recording this and commemorating that often in repetition? Yet no
Pharoah laid claim to it as far as I know. It's all what is believed in
speculation. Biased or not we are told what to believe.

What you were told to believe is not correct.

The names of the members of the courts of Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure (and possibly Djedefre as well as Sneferu and others) are mentioned in the tombs of the royals there. The temples in front of each pyramid (and the boat pits) record the individual kings whose monuments these are (Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure.) and pieces and fragments with these names are found all throughout the massive site.

HOWEVER... it wasn't THE most important and sacred site in Egypt - Abydos was because it held the (fake) tomb of Osiris the god. It was the center of huge festivals and is referenced often in funerary texts where the dead person talks about going to Abydos in the afterlife to participate in the celebration with the gods.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Do you personally as opposed to academically see the amount
of boasting and claims to the great monument as maybe a bit
suspicious and/or disproportionate in the least tho Byrd? I mean to
me it seems who ever is responsible for that achievement? Would be
telling the world in a much bigger way than we see.

Thank you Byrd for the response.
edit on Rpm52817v58201700000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I did not know The Edfu Texts were written after Plato's account.

-MM

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I cannot prove it, but I believe that the pyramids on the Giza Platau was only restored by the Ancient Egyptians, but is far-far older than that, from antediluvian times and maybe even older than that.

-MM
edit on 28-5-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I came over the Hopi legends regarding many previous ages of man on this planet:

1. First world destroyed by earthquakes
  2. Second world destroyed by freezing
  3. Third world destroyed by a flood

Source: www.crystalinks.com...

-MM

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Something, always act a trigger, but eighty percent of a population were as thick as they are now ,probably when they are starving, the mob takes over and that's it. The benefits of Civilisation are soon squandered.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'm sure you are right, but we will never know for sure.

<< 1   >>

join