It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth Rich Would Be Bombshell Fizzles - Wheeler Walks Back False Claims

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This is a good post and a good method of outing those that supply "news."

A name was attached, a true source. He was called out and rightfully so and it reflect on him and in a smaller role, Fox for facilitating it.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: theantediluvian

The level of discourse in this thread is concerning.

It seems to me that people in general are not really interested in the truth of the issues we discuss. Those that decry fake news are at the front of the line to support it when it satisfies their confirmation bias, and are the first in line to deflect and dismiss when it's shown what they believe is a steaming pile of stinky "fake".

Also, while I think we need to hold the MSM's feet to the fire when they fumble the ball, they have become the scapegoat for the people I describe above. Don't like what's being reported...it's fake news. Cnn is the devil, etc.

Point in all this: Politics has made people dishonest and intellectually lazy. They want to be spoonfed and it pisses them off when they are spoonfed a truth that does not fit their palate.

You are one of the smarter posters here although I disagree with you a lot of the time. That being said, I agree with you here but you need to think of this from a higher level. This is by design and the results are all too real. The United States is filled with 90% complacent sheep drawing a line on either the left or right side. They will sputter the party line without the reasoning ability to think for themselves.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

This is a good post and a good method of outing those that supply "news."

A name was attached, a true source. He was called out and rightfully so and it reflect on him and in a smaller role, Fox for facilitating it.

Thanks.

It also reflects on those that were willing to take the Seth Rich story and run with it as being gospel, because they believed it helped their political "side".

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

There is supposedly more news coming this week on that front. What the parents said and what they are doing seem to not be meshing well. Time will tell.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

It seems to me that people in general are not really interested in the truth of the issues we discuss. Those that decry fake news are at the front of the line to support it when it satisfies their confirmation bias, and are the first in line to deflect and dismiss when it's shown what they believe is a steaming pile of stinky "fake".

Also, while I think we need to hold the MSM's feet to the fire when they fumble the ball, they have become the scapegoat for the people I describe above. Don't like what's being reported...it's fake news. Cnn is the devil, etc.

Point in all this: Politics has made people dishonest and intellectually lazy. They want to be spoonfed and it pisses them off when they are spoonfed a truth that does not fit their palate.

You are one of the smarter posters here although I disagree with you a lot of the time. That being said, I agree with you here but you need to think of this from a higher level. This is by design and the results are all too real. The United States is filled with 90% complacent sheep drawing a line on either the left or right side. They will sputter the party line without the reasoning ability to think for themselves.

Thanks for the kind remarks.

I can agree that a large portion of this country are complacent sheep, but I thought ATS was supposed to be a site where people whom are more "aware" congregate.

I see the same sheepy-ness here as I do any other comment section or site. We should expect better from our fellow members and even though we can hide behind the anonymity of the internet, we should expect better of ourselves.

We've lost two important traits: humility and honesty.
edit on 21-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

There is supposedly more news coming this week on that front. What the parents said and what they are doing seem to not be meshing well. Time will tell.

Your approach is more logical than most. Sit back, wait for events to unfold, let the truths come out before we jump to conclusions and not defend narratives because it fits our personal agendas.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Perhaps you will have the stones to answer this.
Should it turn out that proof exists that at the very least, Seth Rich was the source of the Wiki Leaks e-mails, will you publicly admit that the Russia thing is a lie?

I don't mean if Russia wanted Trump to win, or even if they tried to post as many Pro-Trump-anti Hillary news articles as possible, just that the whole "Russia hacked the election" story would be a fabrication?

I ask this to see if you are someone who should be trusted as a reasonable person after the fallout has settled.
There was a time when you had some credibility and weren't completely stage 4 with the Trump cancer, so I'm just trying to figure out of you can regain your senses, should the need arise.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Thanks for the kind remarks.

I can agree that a large portion of this country are complacent sheep, but I thought ATS was supposed to be a site where people whom are more "aware" congregated.

I see the same sheepy-ness here as I do any other comment section or site. We should expect better from our fellow members and even though we can hide behind the anonymity of the internet, we should expect better of ourselves.

We've lost two important traits: humility and honesty.

I've only recently joined ATS within the past year or two but from my time here, there are definitely some who will just spew the party line but the ratio of those who do vs. don't is much more balanced than the typical comments section of a news publication. I've also seen that repeat sheeple offenders try to dominate threads as to be the end all be all truth of the conversation.

I don't mind being wrong, I'm not a genius. However, I want to be able to discuss my point of view to see if I can be persuaded to change my point of view.

My point of view of this hasn't changed and I haven't seen enough reasoning to believe that this was a random act of violence.

1) Podesta stated an example needs to be made of the leaker in an email previous to the murder. Not a smoking gun, but enough to investigate the circumstances around the event.

2) Wikileaks provided a large reward for any details regarding his death. This is just a common sense detail in which you need to believe Seth was the leaker. Why would Wikileaks immediately issue a reward for details regarding this murder?

3) This was labeled a robbery but this wasn't a typical theft. His wallet and possessions remained and if anything was stolen, it was of political interest.

4) Now kim dot com is on the record personally sticking his neck out to mention he has proof Seth was the leaker to wikileaks.

There is a lot of smoke here and to just dismiss this as some partisan issue is lazy.

edit on 21-5-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

I've not dismissed the Seth Rich story as a partisan issue, but I'm also not buying in to the conspiracies surrounding it. More evidence needs to be provided before I am willing to go that far.

You say it wasn't a typical theft, which that may be true, and it was of "political interest".

Ok.

Let's see the evidence. Otherwise, we are dismissing one theory for another due to what satisfies our personal sensibilities.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Throes

I've not dismissed the Seth Rich story as a partisan issue, but I'm also not buying in to the conspiracies surrounding it. More evidence needs to be provided before I am willing to go that far.

You say it wasn't a typical theft, which that may be true, and it was of "political interest".

Ok.

Let's see the evidence. Otherwise, we are dismissing one theory for another due to what satisfies our personal sensibilities.

I'm just saying there are a lot of dots to connect which lead to a path. However, that path is not proven.

Let's sit back and see what Kim dot com brings forth.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If Seth Rich was the source of the DNC emails released by WikiLeaks that would mean that Russians weren't. If conclusive proof of Seth Rich being the source comes to light, what choice would there be but to discount the Russians as the source?

So yes, I would freely admit to being wrong. As much as I dislike being wrong, when it happens, I find it's best to eat crow and move on. It would offend my sensibilities to carry on with a failed argument when I knew it was lost.

Why is it that you believe my credibility is suffering? Have I lied? Deliberately mislead? Knowingly spread disinfo? I have strong opinons and I will actively debate in support of them but I'm not a liar. It's funny because I wouldn't normally consider you as being somebody without credibility even though I believe you're often wrong.

Here's my question to you:

At what point would you be willing to admit that Seth Rich didn't leak to WikiLeaks. I've been following the whole thing and I have yet to see any compelling evidence that he was.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If I wanted to assassinate someone... they wouldn't survive long enough for paramedics and police to arrive...

I know that much for certain.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Why do the parents need a script and a teleprompter?

Notice the father is mouthing the exact words the mother is reading from the script.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Still waiting for that "white privilege" to kick in, I guess.

Or maybe it really is a huge cover-up directed at the highest levels.
edit on 21-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Here's my question to you:

At what point would you be willing to admit that Seth Rich didn't leak to WikiLeaks. I've been following the whole thing and I have yet to see any compelling evidence that he was.

Until something is proven, it's a conspiracy theory. So much like Bigfoot, I want it to be true, but until there's proof, it's not.
And the Credibility I speak of is that is it even possible for such a rabid, ate up with hate, anti Trumper, to give up the religious experience that has become "Russiagate". (And please, don't say something like "I don't hate Trump" and make me post your post history)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Bet you if Seth Rich is the source, the Establishment will turn him into "having Russian contacts" and probably killed by the Russians. Robert Mueller, is a good friend of Comey, and the Russian narrative is set to take down the Presidency, Mueller won't let Comey be disgraced, so its not going to disappear whether Seth is the source or not.
edit on 22-5-2017 by talisman because: text added

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: underwerks

I would be VERY interested to know who is paying Rod Wheeler too.

Me too!
cease and desist sent to Wheeler from Rich family.

Everyday is more interesting!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Wow! Could anybody have ever predicted that a story on FOX'NEWS' was less than legitimate? Shocker!

FOX'NEWS' is a propaganda devise for the GOP. Period. No news, other than Shep Smith, just severely slanted, (paid for), opinions.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: JinMI

Why do the parents need a script and a teleprompter?

Notice the father is mouthing the exact words the mother is reading from the script.

Something about the parents is very seriously "off." It seems like they have no interest in locating their son's killer or learning the circumstances surrounding his death.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I love that this story Is picking up steam. Good job everyone.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join