It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth Rich Would Be Bombshell Fizzles - Wheeler Walks Back False Claims

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

yeah ok, lets pretend like the Seth Rich case needs to disappear and NEVER EVER EVER be discussed because of the pain it causes the family.

just like 9/11, in no way can anything be discussed or investigated because of the pain it would cause the families.

what a load of crap.. atleast come to the table with something better than that.

but like I said, lets wait for Kim Dot Com and the NEW FBI director.. or are they just Trump stooges and regardless of their outcomes... Trumps still a soviet spy and Seth Rich fell on those bullets when he tripped over.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

How much time have you spent in DC? Wait, don't answer that -- you're going to say you grew up there or lived there for years and years even if you've never set foot in DC. It's the internet, so none of us could verify if you have/haven't ever set foot in DC.

DC is pretty rough in places, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they drained the Potomac and found 100's of bodies.

Hell, the RUSSIANS could have killed Seth Rich to frame the DNC. How about that? Did you ever think about that possibility?

If this was a "hit job" it was a piss poor hit job. Alphabets and professionals aren't sloppy like this. If they wanted Rich dead, it would have been made to appear an accident or suicide.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Couldn't the edit's online also be from people trying to keep this conspiracy theory going though???

Some fanatics who want to try and sell this story for dishonest reasons???

I mean why would the DNC kill this guy anyway for what you're saying he allegedly did??? Why not just fire him??? Ruin his career a bit or something??? Going so far as to murder the guy doesn't seem a bit much to you???

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Hell, it would be better to make it look like a robbery even. At least then it would be a closed case. Why make it look suspicious if it was actually a hit??? That just leaves it open for more questions.

+3 more 
posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I want to say this again,

- Seth Rich was a Sanders supporter, a genuine Democrat who loved his country.
- He was outraged that the DNC cheated Sanders (when he won)
- He didnt want this act of treason to go unnoticed so he leaked the emails.
- He was then mysteriously murdered (in a robbery) where nothing was stolen.
- Assange offers a reward (has Assange ever offered a reward for a Dems misfortune?)
- The Democrats want the case to disappear quickly
- A man comes forward claiming Seth Rich was the leaker
- Kim Dot Com says he was involved and will prove it via his lawyers
- Seth Richs reddit accounts are found and mysteriously being edited
- CNN Refuses to discuss the story
- Fox NEWS is running the story and is being ridiculed by CNN For doing it

any yet.. you all want this case to just ''go away'' because of the hurt it will cause the families? They're sons dead, nothing will bring it back and I bet they want the truth more than we do.

Wheeler also did not backtrack on his story, he simply said it was not the FBI who gave him the info, which means the info is still there.

... to the OP - see that? I didnt need to belittle anyone or name call or be a grade A prick to get my point across.

edit on 21/5/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Couldn't the edit's online also be from people trying to keep this conspiracy theory going though???
Some fanatics who want to try and sell this story for dishonest reasons???
I mean why would the DNC kill this guy anyway for what you're saying he allegedly did??? Why not just fire him??? Ruin his career a bit or something??? Going so far as to murder the guy doesn't seem a bit much to you???

I dont believe ''anyone'' can edit these things, it must be done by the admins.

Seth Rich was able to access the emails and the information, which means he ''might'' have had more or he ''might'' have been able to get hard proof. It was too much of a risk... Also, at the time it wasnt known he was the leaker so a murder/robbery could have worked.

Maybe the murdered didnt want to kill him but threaten him but Seth Rich wouldnt comply?

'' Shuttup or you will dissapear ''
'' I will never be quiet and I will expose you all ''

... bang bang bang..

Once truth trickles out it never stops, once people realise the people responsible are vulnerable and inevitabley will be found out more and more will come out.. just like it has started too

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I mean, seriously...

I thought the Clintons had all these people killed over the last 30+ years and somehow have never had any of them conclusively linked to them...?

How can the DNC be SO BAD at a hit job? Did they run out of money in the "hit job slush fund" and have to hire the B-team? The entire thing reeks of desperation from the Trump people to distract and deflect the actual news about how Trump's White House is utter chaos.

You don't see any GOP/Republican politicians in DC asking about this Seth thing do you? You don't see any of the Paul Ryans or anyone else touting these tin foil stories do you?

No, it's only the internet foot soldiers behind their keyboards. No politician in congress or senate would dare sully the memory of a dead person with such ludicrous tin foil conspiracies.

The Republican politicians in DC may be slimy as hell, but they are still above using a murdered DNC staffer for political points.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Well, if nobody knew he was the leak then why was he a target???

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

no body outside the DNC knew (as in the public)
the DNC knew, he had the access and probably knew he was jilted over Sanders being jipped.
Its not hard to figure this out...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Yeah, I know. I ask that all the time and that is always the Achilles Heel of Conspiracy theories too.

If Clinton is so Evil, not just bad, but literally the corner stone of some super Evil empire with all these players and murders and everything never actually have these things pinned to her??? I mean I know she's crooked. But with so many other powerful people supposedly after her why is it nothing can ever be proven???

Either she's incredibly diabolical and smart or everyone else is completely inept, I can't figure out which. Or the theories are wrong. One of those three seem more likely than the others. Doesn't mean I'm right. But for now it's a reasonable choice.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Was he the only possible one who could have leaked??? To start killing people you need to be sure ya know. That's not something to risk.

I admit I don't know much about this topic at all. But from a quick glance it seems like a bit of a stretch. I mean I don't think getting shot on the street at 4 am in DC is all that rare of an event is it??? Could be just one of those things. Why was he even out there at that time??

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: The3murph

It seems to me that its a valid question. If a third party is paying him to investigate this, I'd also like to know who they are and what their interest is in the case.

To discredit the conspiracy theorists.

Same people paying for this trash thread.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
There are four Seth Rich related threads on the front page of ATS as I write this. Two of those threads are based on claims reported by Fox News, allegedly made by a Fox News regular of more than a decade named Rod Wheeler.

Trumpkins are understandably eager to eat up anything Seth Rich related — which is deemed "real" news — while Dear Leader is dealing with a barrage of unfavorable developments, sourced to unknown leakers, appearing in a number of MSM outlets. Going through the It's-fake-news-oh-never-mind-it-was-the-deep-state Cycle several times without some interruption is probably mentally taxing.

What better way to ignore reality than to escape into a new alt-fact reality of your preferred propaganda source's devising? The Seth Rich red herring has it all:

* Not a hack but a leak
* No hack, no Russian hack
* No Russian hack, no collusion
* DNC/Clinton assassination
* Assange not a sketchy propagandist using the murder of Seth Rich to further his agenda

I'm often met with sanctimonious blathering (usually online) when I criticize the crap that is taken as "real news" by Trumpkins. As it pertains to this Rod Wheeler disinfo debacle, I pointed out more than once, that Mr. Wheeler had a history of making outlandish claims that turned out to be untrue. One of these was several years ago when he appeared on O'Reilly spewing some horses# about lesbian gangs with pink guns overtaking the country.

It's called credibility people. Rod Wheeler is lacking it. Our President and his administration are certainly lacking it (please, ask me for details!). On the other hand, what major news piece from NYT about the Trump administration has turned out to be false? Yet, there are authoritarian Trump muppets yammering about imprisoning media critical of Trump.

The problem isn't the media, the problem is the lazy public that judges whether to believe "news" according to how it resonates with them emotionally and fits their preconceived views because keeping track of what turns out to be confirmed and what is bulls# isn't something most people care enough to do.

Anyway, enough ranting. Government censorship is bad. Rod Wheeler is not credible. So here were the claims in the original Fox 5 News article which has now been edited to include several "clarifications." The article,
Family's private investigator: There is evidence Seth Rich had contact with WikiLeaks prior to death, sources an on camera interview. The claims:

* Rod Wheeler was hired by the Rich Family to run a parallel investigation.
* The FBI had Seth Rich's laptop.
* The FBI had discovered evidence of communication between Seth Rich and a WikiLeaks contact.
* The FBI was not cooperating with DC Homicide.
* The investigation was possibly being stalled by the Mayor's Office, at the behest of the DNC.

None of these are true. Rod Wheeler wasn't hired by the Rich family. In fact, his services were offered to them and paid for by an outside source. One very important condition of the family accepting his "services" — if one can call them that — is that Wheeler was not authorized to speak on behalf of the family. The updated Fox News 5 article:

Since Rod Wheeler backtracked Tuesday, FOX 5 DC attempted incessantly to communicate with him, but he didn't return calls or emails.

On Wednesday, just before our newscast, Wheeler responded to our requests via a telephone conversation, where he now backtracks his position and Wheeler characterizes his on-the-record and on-camera statements as "miscommunication."

When asked if Wheeler is still working for Seth Rich's family, Wheeler told FOX 5 DC the contract still stands-- ties have not been severed.

We reached out once again to the Rich family, and through a spokesperson the Rich family tells FOX 5 DC, "The family has relayed their deep disappointment with Rod Wheeler's conduct over the last 48 hours, and is exploring legal avenues to the family."

Also at the bottom:

FOX 5's Melanie Alnwick spoke with D.C. Police on Tuesday and was told that Wheeler’s assertion that a source inside the department told him that detectives were instructed to stand down regarding the Rich case was false.

It gets worse. I'll cite the Daily Caller, founded and owned by Tucker Carlson, because I know Trump supporters like him.

FBI NOT Investigating Seth Rich Murder

The report, which cited an unnamed federal investigator, said that an FBI report on Rich’s laptop revealed he had transferred 44,000 DNC emails to WikiLeaks.

FOX 5 DC originally said Monday night that private investigator Rod Wheeler knew of a connection between Rich and WikiLeaks. On Tuesday, Fox News published an extended report that seemed to corroborate Wheeler’s claims with the information from the anonymous federal investigator.

“I have seen and read the emails between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks,” the federal investigator told Fox News, alleging that the FBI had done a report on Rich’s laptop within 96 hours after the murder.

However, Newsweek discovered that there is no FBI investigation into Rich’s murder, meaning there would not have been a scan of his laptop.

Furthermore, Wheeler seemed to walk back on his claims that he knew there was a WikiLeaks connection, saying the Fox report was misleading and that all of the information he was aware of came from the federal investigator.

To Newsweek, Wheeler claimed that he'd never seen anything personally. He's not the only one:

Rich’s family spokesperson also denied the report Tuesday, calling the claims “unsubstantiated.” “As we’ve seen through the past year of unsubstantiated claims, we see no facts, we have seen no evidence, we have been approached with no emails and only learned about this when contacted by the press,” Braud Bauman, the family’s representative, said.

In case you missed it, everything that Rod Wheeler claimed was complete bulls#. Stop falling for bulls# just because it's the bulls# you want to hear. It's been quite a lot of post without any images. So here's an funny Donald Trump image because... sedition!

KimDotCom has one in the chamber ready to fire and it looks like there's going to be a lot of collateral damage including this thread.

By Tuesday a #storm will hit the United States and the world.

My theory about Seth Rich.

Dems knew they could make the leaks work in their favor by inventing Russian hack angle. In the event they would loose, they could use it as a way to delegitimise the Trump presidency especially with the golden shower fake intel briefs they had been aware of for months, and potentially have him impeached.

So, get rid of the only one in DC with any certainty about how much BS that story is. The source of the LEAKS.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

Except the statement put out on behalf of the family is from a DNC crises manager. Here are his parents.

That video is his parents in April. Notice that they refer to "two men?" That's because they're not thanking /The_Donald/ or /pol/ but rather, they're thanking people for contributing to the GoFundMe.

Now that I've proven that you've been lied to, what are you going to do with that information? Your source has 12k followers. Sad. From the liar's profile:

~Connoisseur-of-Truth-Logic-Reason~ ~Politically-Incorrect~/pol/-is-always-right~

Yep, that looks about right. As always, the lying alt-right Twitter scum go out of their way to claim to be telling the "truth" as they lie right to your face. So you know that this liar just lied to you. Are you going to unfollow? Tell your friends? Confront the liar on Twitter? Are you going to go back to everywhere you've spread this disinformation and at least clean up after yourself?

And guess who brought Rod Wheeler to the Rich's and paid him? Ed Butowsky. Ed Butowsky is also a liar.

NBC News - DNC Staffer’s Murder Draws Fresh Conspiracy Theories

The Dallas-based financial adviser, Ed Butowsky, a Fox News regular who has written articles for Breitbart News, contacted the parents of Seth Rich and urged them to hire a private investigator to look into the death of their 27-year-old son, who was shot and killed last July in what police say was a robbery gone wrong. Butowsky offered to cover the fees and connect them with an investigator, according to Brad Bauman, a spokesman for the family.

The Rich family hired the detective who had been recommended, Rod Wheeler, a former D.C. homicide detective who is also a Fox News contributor and who last month tweeted a photo of himself at the White House captioned, "Doing my part to Make America Great Again!!"

Wait for it...

Butowsky initially denied that he played any role in the Rich case in an interview with NBC News. "I'm not involved with any of what you said," Butowsky said when reached on his cell phone Tuesday.

But hours later, he confirmed his involvement to CNN and acknowledged he had withheld the truth from NBC News. Butowsky, who attended President Donald Trump's inauguration, has highlighted the Rich story on social media.

Oh look, a couple of lying Fox News regulars and devoted MAGA-tards — and one of them has written for Breitbart. There's your conspiracy. Fox has a real problem now because they have two of their "journalists" claiming to have an FBI source who told them that the FBI had taken possession of Rich's laptop within 96 hours (4 days, but 96 hours sounds more like super secret investigator talk). Additionally, that there was evidence of 45k emails being sent to Wikileaks.

Problem is everyone else has sources saying that it's complete BS. From the NBC article:

Meanwhile, a current FBI official and a former one completely discount the Fox News claim that an FBI analysis of a computer belonging to Rich contained thousands of e-mails to and from WikiLeaks.

Local police in Washington, D.C., never even gave the FBI Rich's laptop to analyze after his murder, according to the current FBI official.

And a former law enforcement official with first-hand knowledge of Rich's laptop said the claim was incorrect. "It never contained any e-mails related to WikiLeaks, and the FBI never had it," the person said.

The family through Bauman told The Daily Beast:

“We know where Seth’s personal computer is. We know where his DNC computer is. Neither [Rod Wheeler] nor anybody else has it,” Brad Bauman, who is representing the Rich family, told The Daily Beast.

Article mentions and links to this from WaPo:

The Metropolitan Police told The Washington Post that “there is nothing that we can find that any of [Wheeler’s story] is accurate” on Tuesday.

Do you need the statement put out by the family where they say they've seen no evidence and the first they heard about the emails was from Fox? How about the comments from Rod Wheeler where he says the disinformation he was spreading was given to him by a Fox News reporter?

As for the Reddit bit. I read it and I scanned through the post and I don't see how these were confirmed to be Seth Rich's accounts?

In fact, there's a retraction right in the post saying that whomever "confirmed" two of the accounts hadn't actually confirmed them. Perhaps you can shed some light on how these accounts where uncovered and "comfirmed?"

Assuming that you did a bit more due dilligence than you did before you repeated the bulls# tweet.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

KIM DOT COM

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You're only going to get more Twitter "sources" and Facebook posts as "proof". If you're lucky, you might get some personal blogs disguised as "news" sites.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Oh look, another baseless claim from a random nobody. Are you in the custom of just spouting things that aren't true as though they're facts?

As for KimDotCom — I'll believe it when I see it. Here's his claim on Twitter:

I knew Seth Rich. I know he was the @Wikileaks source. I was involved.

See, the thing about KimDotCom is that he's a fatter, uglier, far less rich Donald Trump. In other words, he's an epic bulls#er. Does it seem reasonable that Seth Rich knew KimDotCom...really? Does it seem reasonable that KimDotCom had this information and sat on it for nearly a year until a cadre of Fox News employees conconcted this BS story so Fox News could run it at the top of their page, pushing down the unbalanced coverage of the latest Trump developments?

Does it make sense that he sat on this for a year, and then decides to tweet about but he can't say anything more until Tuesday because he's got to go see his lawyers on Monday.

Are you effing kidding me? How does that pass the smell test for anyone? Who is this lacking in ability to discern bulls#? It's an obvious publicity stunt. He's notorious for them. Much like Donald Trump. All he has to do now is announce that his lawyers recommend that he say no more.

Just another ghoul using the murder of Seth Rich.

Oh, and to answer my own question: Sean Hannity is that lacking in ability. MAGA-tard shill and utter hack that he is, he's extended an invite to KimDotCom.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Since they want people to think it was a politically motivated murder. Which is pretty transparent considering if he was the leaker they could just acknowledge it.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Wheeler may be bogus, but Seth Rich was undoubtedly the leak to wikileaks, and he was murdered. It doesnt take sherlock holmes to see something was very amiss and make an easy connection. This OP tries to tiptoe around the compelling case to point out some distractions.

Really weak case by the OP imo.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

So you're saying they killed the guy to help hide a fabricated Russia Story on the chance that they might not get elected???

That's pretty thin man. I mean to kill someone because you might make up a different story on the chance that you also might lose and try to use that to impeach a sitting president. Damn that's flimsy wishful thinking and poor planning if true.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join