It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be a New Forum or Topic? P.A.T.S. Political Above Top Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I'm tired of the Clinton did this, "Obama did that, and this is where Trump should go" crap.
I came here originally as a viewer back in 2005 or 6. I enjoyed the Astronomy discussions, Science and Paranormal (let's be frank. It was the U.F.O. and Black Aircraft stories) Opinions. and their accompanying threads. Now, just look at it, over 90 percent is political. I know that it generates income for the site. However it is souring many contributors, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one feeling this. Yes, by all means, it belongs to The Dos Amigo's, and I applaud them for their foresight in engineering this forum, this site.
It is however discouraging that tempers and division have flared, even to the point that some of the prestigious contributors have left, or been smashed by the hammer (I too have felt the hammer and have lost perhaps hundreds of thousands of points).
Therefor, I am pleading to not just the esteemed contributors, but to the owners, to start a new forum, or topic, where all of the political stuff can go (placing in it mud pit or whatever).
I humbly submit the name PATS, for Political A.T.S. and give us back the the former A.T.S..

edit on V002017Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 20 May 2017 22:00:37 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Darn, I thought this was a thread about the New England Patriots. Pardon my mistake.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Darn, I thought this was a thread about the New England Patriots. Pardon my mistake.

I edited the title so there would be less confusion.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

There are some gem's hidden between all the mud and politics, you just gotta keep your eyes open or you might miss them.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Should there be a New Forum or Topic? P.A.T.S. Political Above Top Secret

Naw.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
RATS isnt enough?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Honestly OP, I do see your point, but there are only so many threads that can be done on certain conspiracies, black ops, etc. Right now we are in what I consider to be a national crisis, one side divided against the other, and it is from this political mudpit that our future will be spawned, for better or worse.

I just hope they won't have to start a forum called "nuclear survivors" in the future.

There's still good stuff in here, but it's become like a thrift store....gotta pick through to find the treasures you seek.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The six political forums seem okay to me. The political stuff is annoying. But there's still a lot of non-political stuff which is really interesting.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The six political forums seem okay to me. The political stuff is annoying. But there's still a lot of non-political stuff which is really interesting.

Not to mention you don't have to click on it if you don't want to see it; and are totally free to post topics you want to discuss instead!

edit on 20-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I like this idea.

But, honestly, I'd like anything not truly conspiracy-related (aliens and all that awesome stuff) to go into an "above" type of folder. Including all of our hate threads on social issues.

It's all garbage, anyway; sensationalized to trigger whoever might be offended into a heated debate.

Bring me those black eyed kids, your refuge aliens, and those huddled masses of bigfeet. # all that other noise unless I click on a link.

100% behind you on this.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I feel as if all the politics has driven away all the good writers and discourages anyone from posting anything worthwhile. I guess when you see a new user make their first thread in the mudpit and get over 30 flags for some crap they post and call people names in their thread it's pretty depressing. If ATS wants quality content something must be done to encourage it. Your suggestion is a good one and I have seen many other good suggestions yet thing's remain the same and I doubt things will change for the better. I myself am searching for greener pastures since this place seems to be a bit of a dessert.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yup, when I signed up(for those who don't know about this) ATS was split into site sections:
ATS: Conspiracy
PTS: Political
BTS: Below: Off topic, Members, Chit Chat, Movies, Art, etc.

It was nice that Politics was set to it's own area. Now days as they leak over into all topics.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
That sounds ideal.
Much better then the current set up.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Personaly Id say defiantly. Their should defiantly be a separate place for all the current non JFK kind of politcal nonsense that serves as detritus for those wanting to discuss interesting topics like ufology, metaphysics ect.

All this Trump versas Killary stuff is devisive and it hampers the original M.O. of da site.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I don't think so.

We ALREADY have "The Mud Pit" for this sort of thing.

Oddly enough, I JUST created a thread thanking the MODS/OWNERS for this creation.

If someone wants to speak freely about these things, in an often passionate way, they should be allowed to do so. They already are!!

Thank You ATS MODS and Site Owners for the MUD PIT!!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The problem isn't that we have the Mud Pit and no ones advocating censorship. The problem is political threads are scattered all over the place, from breaking news to chit chat.

It's like a Trump/Hillary piñata filled with fine glitter exploded ALL over the forum. The stuff is everywhere and frankly unless I am looking for it I don't even want to SEE a thread with it in the title.

You're missing that point...DON'T WANT TO SEE EVEN THE THREAD TITLES

Plenty of people are burnt out on it. Plus it's everywhere. Too much is just that, too much. If ATS would make it so you had to actively click to see any of it like RATS used to be it'd be an idea I could support. However this may interfere with their google standing/income so it's a fine line to walk.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My issue is when a non-political topic comes along you can guarantee someone will say something along the lines of "thank god for a non political thread, blah blah trump blah blah hillary blah blah".

It's time to

I honestly think the ATS guidelines should be rewritten so that responses like the above example are considered off topic or posters are given a warning. It just makes the whole rest of the forum a painful place to visit. We get it, non-political posts don't happen often, why bring it up and completely nullify your point? Someone inevitably responds and then bam, you just ruined a perfectly nice non-political topic

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
"Quarantine" all political forums into a 'politics' area.

Like 'off topic' is when you hang on the 'recent' page.

Problem solved.

I too am sick of seeing the bleed through onto other areas because folks cant differentiate between the pit and the rest of ATS.. normally it's 6-7 pages in before the mods get tipped off and have to post 'the message'

by that time the original subject matter is lost in a blaze of partisan rage.. from both sides.. when the topic had little to do with partisan politics.

I get the whole idea that you don't want to have to be so hard on such members.. but how many times must it happen?.. surely by now they either realize the boundary between politico forums and the rest of ATS. or they never will.
edit on 21-5-2017 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

We had an entire board on politics and alternative topics, but it didn't lasted long because it was not enough members supporting the board.

top topics

join