It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Global Climate Change Stimulate an Evolutionary Leap in Mankind?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor
It depends if the climate change in some pseudoscientific way is not only related to human resources consumption and waste disposal pollution but also related to the behaviors of the inhabitants consciousness's
1 still postulates the Photon belt

and Gamma bubble Conspiracy Theories

And the professed Sol companion Nemesis.

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Waterworld

You know some poor bastard out there is hiding their gills, waiting for their moment to shine in the global warming apocalypse.

That person's gonna clean up on the dating field.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I never understood why people who staunchly believe in evolution are so quick to accept, and even preach, multiculturalism.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: GodEmperor
This topic is something of interest. A refutation to the global warming alarmists, who wish to keep the climate in some sort of stasis field, never changing, never growing, never evolving.
What are your thoughts ATS?

Some scientists say the CO2 coming from all the fossil fuel being burned may kill all life on earth. I believe them before I believe you or anyone else in the right wing blogosphere. The nice thing about scientist is they are capable of admitting they are wrong when the data shows otherwise. Scientist follow a process that eliminates some ego from commentary. This is the direct opposite of the right wingers who think their opinions are facts.

Is that right?

Which scientists are saying this?

The carbon dioxide we’ve already committed to the atmosphere has warmed the world about 1.8°F since the start of the industrial revolution. This year, in addition to marking the start of our new 400 ppm world, is also set to be the hottest year on record. The planet has edged right up against the 1.5°C (2.7°F) warming threshold, a key metric in last year’s Paris climate agreement.

Even though there are some hopeful signs that world leaders will take actions to reduce emissions, those actions will have to happen on an accelerating timetable in order to avoid 2°C (3.6°F) of warming. That’s the level outlined by policymakers as a safe threshold for climate change.

www.climatecentral.org...

These guys are a little less alarmist at least on the surface:

www.ucsusa.org...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Some scientists say the CO2 coming from all the fossil fuel being burned may kill all life on earth. I believe them before I believe you or anyone else in the right wing blogosphere.

Well that's pretty stupid to blindly believe, plant life thrives on CO2.

The nice thing about scientist is they are capable of admitting they are wrong when the data shows otherwise.

A lot of data shows mans role in climate change isn't very much.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I can't see anywhere in your sources where increasing C02 levels are going to kill all life on earth like you claimed.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

exactly!

more co2 means more and bigger plants and what do plants produce? oxygen

more plants = more oxygen and less co2

nature has an amazing way of balancing everything.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

There's direct benefits to increasing C02 levels.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Absolutely no chance of physical mutation due to climate change. The humans that rule the world and will survive any great environmental changes don't live outside, but instead rarely ever face the weather. If any humans would ever need to physically mutate to adapt to exteme climate change it would be wild tribes and third world underwear and spear people. Certainly wouldn't affect the rich and powerful, who would preserve the histories and technologies of the human race following such extreme climate change.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

yeah,

there is a noticeable difference in how well my vegetable garden grows now than it did 20-30 years ago.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

TBH, that will probably be where the next rapid evolutionary leap comes from.

We have essentially skipped over the long process of evolution for several species already.

I wonder when the first GMO-cybernetic human will come about? Maybe they're already here?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
In that article is says evolutionary advances. It is just as likely that the mutation brought on by climate change would not be advantageous to humans in the context of our current way of life. Our brains could shrink because so many plants and animals die off thus depriving us of the calories and nutrients we need for large brains. That in turn could lead to less human intelligence. There is no way to know which way mutations will go. Evolution doesn't care about our concept of good or bad it just does what it needs to do to survive. So if smaller brains and the loss of our ability to read and write end up being the best way for us to survive than that's what is going to happen. And if smaller brains doesn't bother you it could be our genitals that shrink. Or maybe we all become hermaphrodites and sex with each other stops being a thing.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

A certain percentage of humans are genetically predispositioned to be affected adversely by increasing C02 levels.

At 400 parts per million they go full retard and start shouting about the end of the planet.

The only cure is eduction, they must be kept away from liberal propaganda that they will readily accept as fact.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Climate change has so little to do with "here and now" with genetics.

Climate change moves at such a slow proven established rate with a very slow cyclical pace, we can not fathom the time as our civilization is so young it barely can conceive the timeline of millions of years, let alone thousands or hundreds. Modern "climate change scientists" like to point to a fraction of time in history and say "SEE"..

If climate were to affect/effect genetics, what of the Coelacanth? off Madagascar, thought extinct yet same for 4mil years? But wait, they are in a stable Ocean environment...climatologists insist the Ocean will change...but wait, there are exceptions?

mg

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That's a bit self indulgent, not every human has an air conditioner
Your lineage is already wiped out

Irrespective, why didn't the dinosaurs adapt to new conditions
Humanity will die out, fry or freeze

If evolution was science....

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Most likely not. We live so far outside nature that I think we have locked in our evolution to a state of almost no change.

Now other animals most likely will see great change.

reply to: GodEmperor

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Climate change has so little to do with "here and now" with genetics.

Climate change moves at such a slow proven established rate with a very slow cyclical pace, we can not fathom the time as our civilization is so young it barely can conceive the timeline of millions of years, let alone thousands or hundreds. Modern "climate change scientists" like to point to a fraction of time in history and say "SEE"..

If climate were to affect/effect genetics, what of the Coelacanth? off Madagascar, thought extinct yet same for 4mil years? But wait, they are in a stable Ocean environment...climatologists insist the Ocean will change...but wait, there are exceptions?

I was on the same line of thought. I think that to honestly force a physical mutation of any note all of the world would need a similar adaptation because all species need the same basic elements to live: water, oxygen and heat. Anything requiring bizarre mutation would be an imbalance in the elements or adding a new element to the equation. I don't really see this sort of thing happening. Humans have been fundamentally and functionally the same since paleolithic times with gradual small mutations, but no new organs or limbs or whatever.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Profundity

same basic elements to live: water, oxygen and heat.
Don't forget to add Carbon Dioxide to that list, it's essential to life on this planet.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

no - is the simple answer

to understand why " no " is the correct answer you need to become scientificlly literate

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I want wings instead of gills.

Too much creepy # in the ocean that can kill ya.

Don't want to end up like a string of sausage looking fish poop.

But if we change due to CC, what about all the other land animals?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join