It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC faces boycott after cancelling Tim Allen’s fan favorite hit TV show (too conservative?)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: DBCowboy

If viewership is secondary what would be singularly first? Viewer directly make advertising $$$ go up or down.

The decision makes no sense.

Networks are political now.

What makes sense in politics?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
A shame.

"All in the Family" would never make it today.

As time progresses, intolerance is now inserted itself in comedy.

Damn shame.

Mg

Funny they still show that show today. Oh and one of my favorite shows is "In the Heat of the Night".
But hey what do I know? Carry on with your delusion.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

a reply to: FissionSurplus

In fact there is no other way to get a multi national corp. Disney is in the mix, ABC Entertainment Group is owned by them. So Disney could very well be at the heart of this intolerance.

Liberal are intolerant.

Disney's greed is astounding. The prices they charge just to get into their overcrowded parks is insane. The prices they charge for any licensed merchandise is just as bad. Disney may be a special, nostalgic name for parents, but they're milking said parents with all their junk merchandise. If I see another Frozen-associated pillow, blanket, toy, or clothes, I'm gonna spew ice cubes.

Having said that, it is obvious they run only for money. So hit 'em in the wallet.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

In comparison to Disney canceling one show and a bakery shop not selling a cake one time I'd say the analogy is pretty apt. Disney losing one property on an already declining medium is nothing to them, they already own most everything anyways, in the same way one cake won't break a successful bakery.

You still have no right to tell a company how to run their own business.
edit on 5/20/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

You don't cancel one of your top shows without a reason. It was making a lot of money AND attracting a demographic they need to attract and have no other way of getting.

The only reason is politics.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You miss the point

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, but when you stop making your 2nd best selling cake because it has white frosting and you hate white people so you want to get rid of all things white in your store don't be surprised when people find your actions disgusting.
edit on 21-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What surprised me the most wasn't the cancellation, but realizing this was possibly the only clearly right-leaning prime time show. Out of all the programming on all the big channels throughout the week, in a country that elected Trump, this was pretty much it. I live overseas but I still watch some American TV, so it was already clear to me that show runners were using their shows to push agendas, but the extent of this paired with the extremely biased mainstream news paints a scary picture. We aren't being shown anything certain people don't want us to see. That is not freedom.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

I stopped watching numerous shows this year because of how political they got.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I stopped watching numerous shows this year because of how political they got.

We've done the exact same thing. I don't care for sitcoms, we're hilarious enough, romantic comedies are too cute/sappy but I never miss an episode of Swamp People, Choot Em! Love that show. Naked and Afraid is the best. Imo all political candidates should be required to participate on that one just to reveal their true natures/humble them.

Wicked Tuna, Deadliest Catch, River Monsters all very entertaining, down to earth and no politics.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Do you think the idea was to show the public how stupid conservatives are? There is some of that on the show, and there is poking fun at racism-sexism-vegetarianism-sex-gays-foreigners.....

It is a well balanced show-this is from a person who is neither conservative of liberal.

Perhaps.

But the "Wife" character did push for a "Hillary" Presidency on several episodes.

When Hillary lost, the message became dreck.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Right, and the son in law is a vegetarian-one daughter is a feminist single mom-his good friend is black and they go back and forth with racial slams-one of his neighbors is a lesbian couple.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join