It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC faces boycott after cancelling Tim Allen’s fan favorite hit TV show (too conservative?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ABC is pulling the last man standing trying to blames FOX and the aging viewers, but still it is the 2nd highest rated ABC show. The rumor is that ABC is liberal and will not promote the conservative Mike Baxter, Tim's character on the the show.

ABC pulled the worst move of the year when they cancelled a show that was doing well in the ratings. It seems like great ratings weren’t enough to keep Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing on the screen. This is clearly a liberal vs conservative thing as the liberal head honchos at ABC must’ve had enough of the hilarious show that’s done so well for them.
Read more: ihavethetruth.com...

Would anyone be surprised if ABC cancelled the highly rated show because of it's politics? I for one would not, liberals generally have a short fuse for any other beliefs than theirs (just try talking vegetarianism, abortion, or the environment and see).
The CEO maybe considering running in some stupid political race and Lord knows there can be no issues.....
So there is talks of a boycott, I will not boycott them, I never watch ABC, I am a netflix watcher. So if ABC let's their politics get in the way, they may pay.

Then there’s rumors swirling about ABC not wanting to promote anything that’s considered right wing. Their news section is left wing/liberal. The CEO of Disney, Bob Iger, may consider running for office as a Democrat in 2020. There’s just so much liberalism on this network that it doesn’t make sense that they ever ran the show in the first place.
What backlash will ABC face on their other shows if the conservative crowd no longer cares to stick around before/after their favorite show since it’s gone? Sometimes people watch whatever is on next if they don’t feel like changing the channel. That’s extra ratings for ABC, but now those slight increases in numbers for other programming will likely be gone.

edit on 20-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I boycott them too and Tim is only one reason..
edit on 20-5-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
GOOD. Nothing gets a point across like taking away from the corporate bottom line. It was a good show, unlike most of the drek around now, even though it was simplistic, so why can it?

Boycotting is the best and most expedient way to let ABC know that if they want to play politics, we can too...with our wallets.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I like Tim Allen. In the show he takes the republican side and his wife and one daughter take the democrat side. It is a TV show, and his comments were meant to be funny on the disputed interview. I think whomever is running ABC is nuts, Tim will go do another show on another network and that will hurt ABC.

I suppose I will have to stop watching ABC.

I actually am disappointed in the show Supergirl, they are making remarks that seem to incinuate that we have to make sure not to elect a leader like Trump. Now, I cannot see why they have to throw politics into that fantasy. On top of that, they keep making things more and more dramatic, actually too dramatic. and it is so full of computer generated scenes it is getting like a video game. That is a different network I think.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What isn't politicized these days? A TV show can't even be canceled without the snowflakes coming out and crying about it. Geez.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

In fact there is no other way to get a multi national corp. Disney is in the mix, ABC Entertainment Group is owned by them. So Disney could very well be at the heart of this intolerance.

Liberal are intolerant.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A TV show lives or dies by ratings. It is a very well rated show. It was cancelled for political reasons and that is wrong.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
ABC shouldn`t have any trouble finding a new # 2 rated show,people will watch any crap that is put on T.V. now.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
ABC haas der ordarz

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The era of free sloped Free speech, This the left over side effects of 8 years liberalism.

When news media depend on Tabloids for headline news and those that disagree with the point of view they are pushing needs to be disposed off.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What isn't politicized these days? A TV show can't even be canceled without the snowflakes coming out and crying about it. Geez.

exactly,
the kind of crap that is on T.V. now is an insult to the intelligence of the average person, I don`t watch T.V. anymore so I don`t care what they cancel and what they show, it`s ONLY a T.V. show.
my wife still watches T.V. but she only watches re-runs of older shows,she said most of what is on T.V. now seems to be targeted toward people who are mentally challenged or people who are addicted to drugs.
edit on 20-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Last M standing is a pretty good show. It actually talks morals, work ethic and family.

I do not watch TV, with the exception of the stupid walking dead. Documentaries-and older shows are my favs.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Sounds like they cancelled the show because Tim's character made too much sense arguing against his dem wife and daughter.

Can't have Republicans looking like they are the sane ones with the common sense.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Pretty obvious the Big3 networks use regular popular prime time TV shows to spread general propaganda along with subliminal controlled opposition and controlled confirmation.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You've got to be a bit special to believe that a network would kill a show because the star is a conservative. There is one goal and one goal alone — make money.

This is what happens when people get pieces of a picture and let their emotions run amok.

All of the major broacast networks have been eschewing licensing of programs from outside studios in favor of shows produced in-house (Last Man Standing is produced by 20th Century Fox Television and licensed to ABC). To save money. In fact, two of the four (NBC and Fox) didn't add any new outside programming this year at all. Last Man Standing wasn't the only show they didn't renew either and they're changing the Friday night programming and it won't be to a new comedy.

These are business decisions. I haven't seen the show but unless their agreement specified otherwise, I'd imagine 20th Century Fox could license it elsewhere.

But don't mind me. Get your opinons from some blog that popped up yesterday and claims to have "the thruth" and add ABC to the long list of Trump inspired boycotts that had absolutely zero effect.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Can't have Republicans looking like they are the sane ones with the common sense.

Given the activity in this thread alone, I can only assume that Last Man Standing was more fantasy than comedy.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Sounds like they cancelled the show because Tim's character made too much sense arguing against his dem wife and daughter.

You may have a point there. Every commercial shows just how f-ing stupid men (husbands) are and how smart women(wives) are. The only thing a man can do in tv land is watch football and not figure out how to shut the frig door.
edit on 20-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Tardacus

Last M standing is a pretty good show. It actually talks morals, work ethic and family.

I do not watch TV, with the exception of the stupid walking dead. Documentaries-and older shows are my favs.

IMHO it doesn't hold a candle to the Rifleman

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes, yes please comment on something you have no idea about.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

True, but the rifle man was not a comedy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join