It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first world war 7000 years ago?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
So we can find man-made tools over 1 million years old, but we can't find any remnants of what had to have been a civilization at least as advanced as ours, from 7000 years ago? No screws, lawnmowers, rubber or plastics, no weapons, bullets, rotors or engines or any of 10s of thousands of man-made objects that would be simple to find in droves (let alone structures and buildings and highways and such), if such a civilization every existed?

They must have had a heck of a recycling plan, that's all I know!

I grew up in a city that has been fought over since its founding in 1670. We spent our leave time from The Citadel with metal detectors on the battlefields outside of the city searching for relics. The buttons, bullets, belt buckles etc that we found from the Rev War were and are much more degraded than the things we found from The War For Southern Independence. I don't know if you realize that over thousands or millions of years all evidence would be degraded.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: The3murph

So we can find man-made tools over 1 million years old, but we can't find any remnants of what had to have been a civilization at least as advanced as ours, from 7000 years ago? No screws, lawnmowers, rubber or plastics, no weapons, bullets, rotors or engines or any of 10s of thousands of man-made objects that would be simple to find in droves (let alone structures and buildings and highways and such), if such a civilization every existed?

I grew up in a city that has been fought over since its founding in 1670. We spent our leave time from The Citadel with metal detectors on the battlefields outside of the city searching for relics. The buttons, bullets, belt buckles etc that we found from the Rev War were and are much more degraded than the things we found from The War For Southern Independence. I don't know if you realize that over thousands or millions of years all evidence would be degraded.

Obviously not all evidence is erased from history, archaeologists uncover relics constantly. You don't think it's strange that they would find literally -nothing- indicative of a nuclear age? If we disappeared tomorrow, you don't think in 7k years.. or even 50k years, they would find -any- sign of our existence? That's utterly ridiculous.

They find tools and weapons from literally a million years ago, from what had to be a MUCH smaller population size, with a LOT less infrastructure. Yet you think in 7000 years, they'd find NO trace of us.. at all?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Obviously not all evidence is erased from history, archaeologists uncover relics constantly. You don't think it's strange that they would find literally -nothing- indicative of a nuclear age? If we disappeared tomorrow, you don't think in 7k years.. or even 50k years, they would find -any- sign of our existence? That's utterly ridiculous.

They find tools and weapons from literally a million years ago, from what had to be a MUCH smaller population size, with a LOT less infrastructure. Yet you think in 7000 years, they'd find NO trace of us.. at all?

I have seen how things that have only been under the ground 155 years have degraded over time. Where did you get 7k years from? I think that it was probably a LOT longer ago than that.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: whywhynotwell where i live in nc we have a problem with scrapers stealing every bit of metal they can. i came home from vacation a few years ago and found that two old tim covered sheds on my property were now just wooden frames and the well pump to the no longer in use well had been snatched off the ground and stolen as well. my family had a beach house and scrapers did same thing to it when i was a kid we showed up to spend summer there to find a pile of boards and thats a current thing. so thing about it after something has been abandoned whats to keep future generations for destroying it for building supplies heck there was an article up here a few years ago about an ancient temple in south america a contractor knocked down with bulldozers for stone to make gravel for a road. so it really ism't that hard to believe there isn't much remnants of ancient cultures to be found.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate what you say but a civilization capabile of building nuclear devices would likely have more than skyscrapers and tin covered sheds. They would use materials, as we do, such as titanium, stainless steel, glass, plastics, ceramics, aluminum, copper, bronze, lead , inconel, and hundreds of related alloys that are specifically created to survive for a very long time.

If the time frame was in 100,000s of years I could believe nothing would be found of a previous civilization. But, 7,000 years I just think there would be something.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I think there is a really good chance that mankind has been on this planet, and possibly other planets, for millions of years or more. We were most likely created in a lab by far superior beings, which we refer to as "God". They probably have us cordoned off into our own little corner of the universe, watching, studying, and even interfering with. We are probably a science experiment that has been going on for millions of years as entertainment for alien beings that have found the secrets to immortality. Bored with their endless existence, they tinker with their creation, trying to figure out if humanity will ever stray from our path of destruction and evil.

I bet that humanity "resets" every several thousand years, destroying ourselves and all technology, only climbing back up through the rubble to start over. I am sure the deeper we dig, the more evidence we would eventually unearth.

The way things are looking, we are probably close to another "reset". Things are boiling over, and evil is winning.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thank for this. These are the posts I come to ATS for.

When you think about how little we about the majority of the past of this planet it is truly mesmerizing.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

What we know of the past is written down history. It doesn't have to be written down to turn out to be history. If you ask some tribes in New Zealand. They know dam well that they didn't come from Polynesia. Some did but not all. Just because we look at history from a myopic point of view, doesn't make it true. Schillman found Troy because he believed the Iliad was talking of a factual event. When you ask the Basque, where they came from they will tell you out in the Ocean on a sunken Island called Atlantica. The same with regards to the Guanches, nothing would be written down Refugees don't have the time. But If the Indian Vedas say that a guy named Rama built a bridge from the bottom of India to Lanka to make war, this is written down as an historical document. It just seems fantastic to our way of thinking, that he flew over the bridge to check it out, and we find it hard to believe because we have been conditioned to think that savage natives couldn't have flown anywhere. It takes less than a hundred years to go from a horse and cart to a super jet , one mans lifetime. But ten years to go from a bicycle to a bi plane. All it needs is a place of learning where the ideas come together.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

South Park did it already.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
this thread makes me thenk of this video i came across and not the only info suggesting something happening in even the not so distant past. 21 minutes in is what i am actually talking about but the whole video is great imo. www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I know there have been genetic studies that point to a population bottleneck around 70,000 BC, at around the time of the Toba supervolcano eruption. Maybe instead it was a catastrophic war. The only problem I have with the ancient advanced civilization theory, is that we should see abandoned mining facilities, genetic drop off in the ecosystem from a global civilization if it existed, etc. The hard evidence still has to be found. That being said, one has to wonder what would be left of our current civilization in 70,000 years if a global nuclear war broke out tomorrow. probably not much, expecially if you throw a couple of ice ages between then and now.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

There are alot of ways to have a global civilization play out.

Who says they did it like us.

Maybe its smarter to only bring 10-20% of people into the 21st century and leave the rest to not pollute, eat like vikings, reproduce, survive illness and animal attacks.....build malls.

Maybe a more advanced civilization is the goal of the illuminati and co.

We need less tech savvy people, less survivors of common things, less use of resources so each has a car, phone, computer, 30-40 outfits, toys, crap and BS.

MAYBE, the same civilation we speak of as being dead and gone....isnt.

Maybe WE reset while some others dont. Those who dont seed the new civilzation....they play "Gods"

I think the last reset was worse and for ALL.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It must've been an extremely small and lesser civilization, because there's not really much for evidence in terms of what it would take to sustain a technologically advanced civilization, we've mined the hell out of this planet, doesn't look like anyone else did.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

It must've been an extremely small and lesser civilization, because there's not really much for evidence in terms of what it would take to sustain a technologically advanced civilization, we've mined the hell out of this planet, doesn't look like anyone else did.

Extremely old gold mines have been discovered in South Africa. Maybe as old as 100,000 years...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I dont buy these ancient epoch tales of todays tech. We'd have unearthed endless bits of milled stainless steel, titanium, etc, by now. I would have myself even!

Actually that assessment would be wrong. Metals that would be in the open would decay easily by the ravages of nature, meanwhile stone would last far longer for tens of thousands of years. In fact, stone would be the only surviving proof of such civilizations after thousands, or tens of thousands of years, because metals would have rusted, decayed and the winds would have carried away most of the rusted metal dust.
edit on 21-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

I dont buy these ancient epoch tales of todays tech. We'd have unearthed endless bits of milled stainless steel, titanium, etc, by now. I would have myself even!

Actually that assessment would be wrong. Metals that would be in the open would decay easily by the ravages of nature, meanwhile stone would last far longer for tens of thousands of years. In fact, stone would be the only surviving proof of such civilizations after thousands, or tens of thousands of years, because metals would have rusted, decayed and the winds would have carried away most of the rusted metal dust.

Really? Are you certain? Why do you think they call it the Iron Age and the Bronze Age? Because humans learned to work with iron and bronze. And how do we know that? Artifacts that have survived thousands of years in the ground.

One example

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: jeep3r

I just read the passage in a you tube vid I'll see if I can get it back, instead of mushroom cloud it says parasol.bout two mins into the vid the relevant passage is written.www.youtube.com...

It's written on the screen claiming it's in the Mahabharata, true. But where exactly?

If you find it, you're my hero. But until then, the sources are not worth a penny.

Come on you know he has never read the mahabharata and never plans to do so.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

After 500 years, all metals would have rusted away, and wood, paper, leather would have decomposed. The only things left standing would be stone carvings and clay tablets. Tectonic plates move at 5mm/year. After 20 years, that's a meter, 20,000 years, a kilometer, 200,000 years, ten kilometers. What was once a mountain thousands of meters in the air, could become a sea thousands of meters deep.

When we explore the sea bed of the North Sea, spear tips, and bones from woolly mammoths and large cats are found.

Here is an example of wood structures older than 500 years. www.theguardian.com...

Here are some old metal stuff, older than 500 years. www.jpost.com...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I have seen how things that have only been under the ground 155 years have degraded over time. Where did you get 7k years from? I think that it was probably a LOT longer ago than that.

But what you fail to understand is that in different parts of the world , in different climates, in different types of soil, things degrade at different speeds. Have you never heard of petrified wood?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

But what you fail to understand is that in different parts of the world , in different climates, in different types of soil, things degrade at different speeds. Have you never heard of petrified wood?

True but I think this civilization, if it existed, was circa hundreds of thousands to a million or so years ago.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Actually, one of the biggest coverups in the world, IMHO, is the cover up among the archaeological community of artifacts that don't match the official timeline of human history. Do a search online about it, there's a ton of stuff out there on this.

So, do you think the ancient Sumerian tablets are correct then? People know and they are covering this up?

Maybe to protect scaligar's chronology of history?

Sometimes it seems the tablets are too perfect, could they be fakes? That means they have kept This secret for a long time now.

This thing may blow wide open yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join