It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first world war 7000 years ago?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
reply to: Byrd

It appears the Black sea was a river valley, and when the last water level rise occurred on a grand scale, the Mediterranean, flowed into the Bosporus straits, and breached some restriction and filled up the Black sea, destroying a settled population. The mound that appears under the water, which is like the ones on the dry land ,was drilled and the wood was dated in excess of seven thousand years old.

I agree that it sounds like Ballard - if so, the ancient civilization (depends on your notion of ancient) dates to about 500 AD or so

We've known about this for quite some time (since the 1970's or so.)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: rickymouse
Who were the beings that built these and where did they move their technology to. Are half of the things people invented in our history designed from tools they found that are very old? Did the lightbulb get invented because someone saw the drawings on the wall of an ancient temple? did these keyways in rocks actually help to steer people into doing dovetail and keyed woodworking joints? Man is more of a monkey see monkey do being. Did we learn from these ancient more advanced races? Were they actually human or were they hominoid beings. Where did they go, were they all killed or did the survivers go back and destroy all evidence so history would not be repeated.

I think these beings originated on earth myself, long before modern man was technologically advanced. Maybe we were convinced to work for these beings either through slavery or just because they treated us well.

As I was reading through the thread, these were my thoughts. And maybe after the war, they decided to leave the planet to us humans, and as you suggested, they cleaned up to leave as little evidence of their being here as possible. Also, note how there are ancient stories of giants, or Gods, in mythology (Greek, Roman and Egyptian) and even in the beginning of the Bible, it says there were giants, Nephilim, that lived among man back then.

A lot of great mysteries to our ancient world, that's for sure.

In biblical times, some tribes were quite short in height, averaging around 5' 4" . In other parts of the region, where there was better nutrition and food choices, people grew taller, some even over 6'. A modern day example is the comparison between the tallest and shortest basketball players - there are plenty of photographs:

cdn-s3.si.com...

images.solecollector.com...

Any interaction between the two groups would lead to legends of giants and dwarves.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

There was once a poster here I held in high esteem named Donner. Donner posted about this - and linked to the section you're interested in - in this post link

Harte

Oh I still pop in from time to time, and its nice to see that post is still coming in handy

edit on 14-6-2017 by Donner because: fat fingered

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donner

originally posted by: Harte

There was once a poster here I held in high esteem named Donner. Donner posted about this - and linked to the section you're interested in - in this post link

Harte

Oh I still pop in from time to time, and its nice to see that post is still coming in handy

DONNER!
We're not worthy.

Still haven't lost the link to your post. Gone through 4 computer drives since then, but I always know where to find it.
These days you gotta use Google though since the search function here is whacky.

Harte

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Well call me stupid but I wont leave this one alone. For the ancients to have any sophisticated engineering, they would have had to have materials to take the stress and strains, gears power sources etc. So I did a bit of research and came up with a few very surprising things. The woodworking guy on You tube did a test on the durability of wooden tooth gears, he found that ply and meagre composite showed no wear after twenty four hours. Then I found that maple infused with paraffin, and lignum vitai were commonly used in industrial applications until recently. www.lignum-vitae-bearings.com...
Then just for the heck of it, I googled "Wooden Steam engines" and sure enough an Aussie guy had made one. Since the original barrels for cannons were made from oak. Wood can take the pressures involved. Now one would say that theirs no way a practical wooden steam engine can be made out of just wood. But put in a cast bronze boiler and a skilled guy on a wood lathe, I don't think its that far fetched.

True this is running on air but proves the principle.And just to push the point that wood tech,can be highly advanced we have this guy.

edit on 15-6-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Well call me stupid but I wont leave this one alone. For the ancients to have any sophisticated engineering, they would have had to have materials to take the stress and strains, gears power sources etc.

Yes, and of a consistent quality.

(text about wood and industrial uses mostly snipped)

Wood can take the pressures involved. Now one would say that theirs no way a practical wooden steam engine can be made out of just wood. But put in a cast bronze boiler and a skilled guy on a wood lathe, I don't think its that far fetched.

(video also snipped)

True this is running on air but proves the principle.And just to push the point that wood tech,can be highly advanced we have this guy.

Well, yes, all of the above is true... BUT... Egypt doesn't have good solid wood. Most of their trees are small and soft - the larger trees are palm, which is not structurally sound enough to be used to support heavy use or heavy weight. The spectacular furniture and wooden boats that you see in videos are of imported woods and were so expensive that only the king could afford them. Good wood was reused until it was scrap and those were used for decoration.

Here's a table of properties of different types of wood

Fig, tamarisk, and acacia were planted in front of temples... these are all small and fairly scrubby trees. They had both willow and sycamore, but those are fairly soft woods.

In a discussion of technology, "Know Thy Materials" is a solid rule. All rocks do not have the same properties nor do all woods have the same properties. You can't even assume a consistent hardness of metals (even gold) because hardness depends on small quantities of other minerals.

(also, the woods used in these videos -- such as Lignum Vitae -- come from South America and other parts of the world. They are not native to Ancient Egypt.)

edit on 16-6-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Agreed but Egypt wasn't always arid, and Technology would have been in the upper hands of society. Take the Song Dynasty the one with the buried army in Terracotta, the Bronze swords were coated in Chrome. Sorry this wont embed but their are a lot of surprising things in this.vvwww.youtube.com...
Just to prove Steam powered flight isn't a joke Vimana possibly

edit on 16-6-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Right I believe 7000 years is far too recent and unless they used a different method of mass destruction AND/OR there are ways in which radioactive isotopes could decay far faster then if there was a war of the type that was nuclear then it happened a very long time ago indeed, minimum of 18000 years but probably over a 100.000 to 150.000 years ago and I feel even longer.

Now why do I say this, this is probably not totally accurate but show's how a modern exchange between two superpowers would affect not only there own country's but have a global catastrophic effect upon climate probably triggering a true ice age (which of course could scrub a lot of those isotopes away I surmise by glacial land surface erosion but of course they would end up in Ocean sediment and I wonder if any deep core ocean sediment studied for radioactive isotopes over that range of time have EVER been done and made public), Global famine, drought due to reduced rainfall down to lower global temperatures, radiation poisoning and extensive damage to the already beleaguered Ozone layer are all a probability, in fact it would lead to a ELE similar to the time which ended the reign (they were already in decline) of the dinosaurs.

There is actually not one part of the planet that would not be touched by the global ecological disaster this would cause.
www.nucleardarkness.org...

So if there was a war even one great enough to have ended a previous civilization (and I do believe there was at least one and perhaps several previous civilization's and not necessarily all down to so called modern human's) then it would have caused a massive amount of extinction even higher than that which wiped out the mammoth and other large land animal's at the end of the last ice age, in fact it would also have affected ALL ecosystems including the ocean in a devastating manner perhaps even collapsing the food chain until it could re-calibrate and re-establish itself with it's new balance in place.

Certainly it did not have to be such a huge war, comet strikes or other causes, global vulcanism and many other factor's could and probably would spell the end of our own civilization without without the need for us to commit nuclear suicide.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Agreed but Egypt wasn't always arid, and Technology would have been in the upper hands of society. Take the Song Dynasty the one with the buried army in Terracotta, the Bronze swords were coated in Chrome. Sorry this wont embed but their are a lot of surprising things in this.vvwww.youtube.com...
Just to prove Steam powered flight isn't a joke Vimana possibly

Egypt began its desertification before 5,000 BC (before the civilization developed.) And the Song dynasty dates to 1000 AD (6,000 years AFTER Egypt became unified as a nation.)

I don't know what's on the video (videos give such poor quality information) but I will bet you that they don't give the dates for the artifacts. Saying "bronze swords are coated in chrome doesn't give you the date, but that technology was developed around 700 BC (from what I read)... in any case, if there WERE flying machines around we'd have multiple consistent reports (plus crashed planes) from multiple cultures.

In other words, not just variously described vimanas (from chariots to temple roofs to other things) but a single type and reports and drawings of this very thing would appear around the world.

It doesn't. Heck, if you look at images of vimanas from older Indian material (there aren't many) there's no consistent shape.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

One serious crop failure due to climate, would be all that's required to wrap our present system up. Their have been plenty of these events on a regular basis in the past. Once organisation collapses its all gone. But on the other hand with a stable system its only a few years from horse and carts to what we have got now. The problem in the past as now, in a system collapse, because of the easy life enjoyed in the good times, their are not many people left to train others to make a waggon wheel or shoe a horse.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Seven thousand years ago is before recorded history, so anything could have happened. When sophisticated stone work existed back then that could not be replicated in this day and age, we can only speculate on what could have been possible.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I've actually gotten a bit depressed I have looked as far back as I can find and the word "War" seems to be eternal. Come on history give me some hope let us find what was really going on before the Floods. I did find it interesting that the slaves they created grew tiered I think Humans revolted against the Gods.
edit on 6/16/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm about 400 pages (from approximately 5400) in the MahaBharata and there is no mention yet of anything resembling a nuclear war.
There are however a lot of interesting things mentioned like 'The celestials' and some weapons they had.
I will reply more as I read and if you have the time OP, I think you should start reading it and anyone who is interested in those accounts..I guarantee you won't be disappoited.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Favorite thread EVER

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: saudi

I'm about 400 pages (from approximately 5400) in the MahaBharata and there is no mention yet of anything resembling a nuclear war.
There are however a lot of interesting things mentioned like 'The celestials' and some weapons they had.
I will reply more as I read and if you have the time OP, I think you should start reading it and anyone who is interested in those accounts..I guarantee you won't be disappoited.
I'm very interested if you could shed some more light on your readings.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ancient India is a real enigma, it wasn't Arabian maths it was Indian maths same for Damascus steel all from India. The temples still have written records on how they were made, and guess what, Elephants did the real work with pulleys, and steel beams were put in place, to support the massive stone work. They had the most accurate astronomical instruments in the world, and the date put for when Brahma created the world was right according to modern science.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Arjuna after having been to the celestial regions, had there obtained celestial weapons from Indra himself

Yayati of good deeds who performed sacrifices, being assisted therein by the celestials themselves,

Arjuna, by his celestial arrow preventing the downpour by Indra the king of the gods,

Arjuna, having, in combat, pleased the god of gods, Tryambaka (the three-eyed) in the disguise of a hunter, obtained the great weapon Pasupata

The Pashupatastra

The Pashupatastra (IAST: Pāśupatāstra, sanskrit: पाशुपतास्त्र), in Hindu History, is an irresistible and most destructive personal weapon of Shiva, Kali and Adi Para Sakthi discharged by the mind, the eyes, words, or a bow. Never to be used against lesser enemies or by lesser warriors, the Pashupatastra is capable of destroying creation and vanquishing all beings. Pashupatastra is the second most destructive, powerful, irresistible weapon of all the weapons(after brahmanda Astra) mentioned in the Hindu mythology.

In the Mahabharata war Arjuna obtained this weapon from Lord Shiva.

And more weapons, I won't list everything here
it's too much.

men born of great royal families, resplendent with worthy qualities, versed in the science of celestial arms,

The next that comes is called the discharge of the weapon called Narayana

the carrying away of Subhadra by Arjuna, incited thereto by her brother Krishna, in the wonderful car moving on land and water, and through mid-air, according to the wish of the rider

And more..about different races (serpents included
-reptilians?? haha).And a lot of mentioning about The Celestial Regions.

One last thing i remembered that I found interesting.

The next is called the creation of the insular region Jambu ; then Bhumi ; then the account about the formation of islands.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Seven thousand years ago is before recorded history, so anything could have happened. When sophisticated stone work existed back then that could not be replicated in this day and age, we can only speculate on what could have been possible.

Have you been on an archaeology dig? (no, seriously!) They're fun and you will quickly find out just how much evidence is "laying around in the ground." There is no "sophisticated stonework" from 5,000 BC and we can indeed (with enough time and money) replicate anything. If Bill Gates funded it, we could build a bigger pyramid than G1.

There can't be a sophisticated civilization without a pre-sophisticated civilization. You don't go from "running away from cave lions and hunting deer" to "making digital watches" overnight.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Ancient India is a real enigma, it wasn't Arabian maths it was Indian maths same for Damascus steel all from India. The temples still have written records on how they were made, and guess what, Elephants did the real work with pulleys, and steel beams were put in place, to support the massive stone work. They had the most accurate astronomical instruments in the world, and the date put for when Brahma created the world was right according to modern science.

www.youtube.com...

Youtube is a poor source of information.
India doesn't come together as a state until fairly modern times It was a constant mesh of small nations and empires attempting to gain a foothold in the area (1000 AD map of the countries that make up India and the areas around it) In 1000 BC there was only one large proto-empire;
most of India was composed of smaller tribal groups and kingdoms

These are all well known from writing and from other material that your Youtube sources don't seem to have discovered.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

If you cant accept that the same signature exist on sophisticated ancient stone construction. Cocaine and Nicotine found in mummies, along with boomerangs and marsupial bones, found in Egypt hold no significance, because it goes against historical dogma and offends the accepted Paradigm, to think this was even possible when we at the wave front of history should be the most advanced that the Earth has produced, when with each passing decade, the evidence of our practical devolvement becomes more glaringly obvious as the generations pass. All I can suggest is for you to study Polygonal stonework and then tell me how they did it?

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join