It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Executive Order: Buy American, Hire American

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Profundity

That is all good if it actually does those things, god knows we could use the money circulating here in our own economy for sure.

I made a post about this a while back and to my surprise we actually have a deal made already that promises we will spend almost 1 trillion dollars of our tax money for infrastructure with other nations to buy what we need. While that same deal only has like 20% or something like that from those nations buying from us. This is actually set in the contract meaning we've made a deal where we spend way more than what others spend with us. So all that money flows right out of our economy and into other countries with only a fraction of it coming back.

That's just for one major area of spending too. That's a lot of cheddar flowing out of here every year that we may or may not be seeing it return.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Much of military-grade equipment we export will not be made by cheap labor elsewhere where quality control would be an issue. This will be a boost across the labor sector of America, and in military hardware is one place we can't fall to far behind in developing and manufacturing. If Our allies need the equipment and have the coins for it, good all around.

I don't know of any country that we are allied with that wants to rule the world. Since World War II the US and its various allies have been the world's police. Not to say that wrong decisions have not been made and unfortunate situations created, but the bottom line is there have been no world wars since and some forces have been kept in check would have it their way. Regardless of arguments, one is dreaming if they think the situation is otherwise.

After all, to use the old Ghost Busters slogan, "Who you gonna call?"
edit on 20-5-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profundity
www.whitehouse.gov...

Trump said the order would "aggressively promote and use American-made goods and to ensure that American labor is hired to do the job."

Personally, I think this order is a step in the right direction. With all the outsourcing since 2000 and the American middle class getting the snub, jobs dwindling and all that, this order will help ensure that greedy corporations aren't selling the USA short with hiring third world labor camps to make their products. I say, if they are going to go hire some other foreign workers they should take their company with them and be kicked out of the USA. I remember Trump talking about imposing steep taxes on such companies to discourage outsourcing. I say, make it as steep as it can get! My next post is the whole executive order as worded on the original document.

See this is an example of the good he can do with the power he has. Now if he doesn't take healthcare away from my sick old mother than I will say he was a good president. Here's hoping.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Here is a 32:28 YouTube video about the whole thing.

FULL EVENT: President Donald Trump
Speech and Signs the Buy American,
Hire American Executive Order

DONALD TRUMP SPEECHES &
PRESS CONFERENCE 97,445 views

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Profundity