It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Spreading: Infections Up 800% In Last Week: Officials Race To Track Down Possible Contacts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not worried.
Alcohol kills everything, so I'll just stay drunk!

Well, I'm not a doctor, I don't even play one on TV. But it makes perfect sense to me.

Oh and Ketsuko:

The journalists who had returned from plague zones were the big problems. They simply could not keep themselves contained for 21 days. But that's not surprisingly in light of research showing they have poor executive functions is it?

lol . . . there goes that research, confirming once again, what we already knew.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Look, if ebola was transmissible by air in the same way that a cold or flu is, then it would have exploded world wide in to pandemic proportions the last time. There would have been no stopping it.

That it didn't was evidence enough that it does not spread by air, not readily.

Now I have no doubt if you are very, very close to someone who is horking up serious gobs of infected blood and vomit you are in trouble.

But things like sweat and saliva and other fluids, while it's possible to get sick from them, are not nearly as virus laden and infectious as the big ones. You could get sick from them which is why it's a good idea to quarantine yourself if you've been in close contact with someone who has a fever and it's ebola, but your odds are low, not like if someone with ebola vomits on you.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't share in your certainty, Ketsuko. But I do hope you're right.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Because you need to be "SCARED"!!!

This is how unnecessarily draconian methods of control get put in place, and more importantly, stay in place.

Fear. We get scared--anyone recall the Bird Flu epidemic that was going to kill us all? When we're scared we're easily herded.

Ebola is some scary bug, and a horrid way to die that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Which gives the scare/fear mongering a certain reality...

I'll wait a bit before getting worried.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Keep it over there, Lord, keep it over there, famine and disease lord, keep it over there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join