It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Is it because I'm black" Race card to rob stores

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

There is a Gawker article out there that was written about a white woman who subdued and detained a young black man who stole her phone. Here's some quotes from another forum:

Sargent literally began his article, "On Friday, a white lady named Clara Vondrich had her iPhone stolen..." Ms. Vondrich then chased down her mugger, a thirteen-year-old black teenager, which Sargent said was a "s**tty" thing to do. Sargent also repeatedly put quotations around the word "crime," as if stealing an iPhone from someone is not a crime. Why do this? Because, as Sargent explains, white women should learn their place and just let black people steal from them. He explains that the kid "has enough problems" as it is. Because of his weight, Ms. Vondrich said she was able to catch up to her robber. "Have a heart," Sargent begs. The poor, poor robber is facing charges and now, "kids at school will definitely make fun of him endlessly for being caught from behind by a white lady wearing zany sunglasses." That poor kid! If only he had stolen from an old woman, he would have gotten away. Finally, the article ends with possibly the worst advice I have heard in my entire life: "If you are nonviolently mugged by a child, continue to let him run along with his friends. The world will be a better place."

It's disgusting.

On one hand I don't believe that thieft should be a crime punishable by jail or prison time unless the object being stolen is proven to be absolutely essential to the health and well being of the victim, (not the emotional health) such as heart meds or a car.... The thief should have to not only buy her a second phone but also do community service in her neighborhood. But to ruin anyone's life with prison time because they stole a candy bar, a bike, a phone is just wrong. After all shouldn't the punishment fit the crime?

Wow, seriously? If a thief is stealing someone's phone, they probably don't have enough money to buy a new one. What then? And what If I steal a Rolex, or some diamonds, or a few OLED TV's from Best Buy? Hell, I'd gladly do some community service to have all that stuff. I think robbery would increase 10 fold if your ideas were enacted. It's actually really easy, if you don't want to go to jail, don't commit robbery.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
And yet again the need for technology to validate your existence or status wins again.

Even if he stole them to fence later is STILL a reminder of how technology markets to insecurity.

Are you connected yet? Have you been and are not currently? How on earth do you cope!!??

Do you have the latest and greatest? Why not? Aren't you and your peers admired for their technologically advanced "mechanisms" of social engagement? If not, do you find your self feeling a bit covetious and left out?

By no means is his ruse a lesser crime.

However, he obviously understands supply and demand as pertaining to self worth equating to being "connected". Even if it's just simply personal gain, he didn't target Bed Bath&Beyond for the latest time saving ice trays.

Why didn't he target Lane Bryant for heavier set fashions? Same insecurity marketing, but technology is sexier apparently.

And he would be completely correct in that assessment.

ETA: I do not condone theft no matter how feeble minded people have become due to this RIDICULOUS resurgence of "racial tensions".

Goes to show how absolutely mentally vulnerable people are to marketing/suggestion(s).

Good luck to the hive minded. We are doing fantastic as a species by rowing the boat backwards.
edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 21 May 2017 03:30:06 -05005amSundayst03am by EternalShadow because: ETA/add/correction

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: omniEther
The best robbery con I ever knew of... a family came home to find their grill gone from the back deck. Some time later, the grill showed back up with an apology attached... a note indicating they were in a pinch and needed the grill... the borrowers generously left tickets to a sporting event to make amends. The family returns home from the generously offered game to find their house empty. There was never a need to keep tabs on when the family would return home, because they sent them to the game to clear a path.

Damn, that was soooo clever. How the hell are criminals so damn smart, yet use their smarts not in a positive way? There must be legal legit jobs that people with these skills could flourish in.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

There is a Gawker article out there that was written about a white woman who subdued and detained a young black man who stole her phone. Here's some quotes from another forum:

Sargent literally began his article, "On Friday, a white lady named Clara Vondrich had her iPhone stolen..." Ms. Vondrich then chased down her mugger, a thirteen-year-old black teenager, which Sargent said was a "s**tty" thing to do. Sargent also repeatedly put quotations around the word "crime," as if stealing an iPhone from someone is not a crime. Why do this? Because, as Sargent explains, white women should learn their place and just let black people steal from them. He explains that the kid "has enough problems" as it is. Because of his weight, Ms. Vondrich said she was able to catch up to her robber. "Have a heart," Sargent begs. The poor, poor robber is facing charges and now, "kids at school will definitely make fun of him endlessly for being caught from behind by a white lady wearing zany sunglasses." That poor kid! If only he had stolen from an old woman, he would have gotten away. Finally, the article ends with possibly the worst advice I have heard in my entire life: "If you are nonviolently mugged by a child, continue to let him run along with his friends. The world will be a better place."

It's disgusting.

On one hand I don't believe that thieft should be a crime punishable by jail or prison time unless the object being stolen is proven to be absolutely essential to the health and well being of the victim, (not the emotional health) such as heart meds or a car. On the other hand that woman should be praised for running the thief down and taking back what was hers. The thief should have to not only buy her a second phone but also do community service in her neighborhood. But to ruin anyone's life with prison time because they stole a candy bar, a bike, a phone is just wrong. After all shouldn't the punishment fit the crime?

Or how about this if you want the punishment to fit,the crime...

Dont steal and you dont have to worry about it.

Consequences, who needs them..#amiright

top topics

<< 1   >>

join