It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The icepick, eye gouging headache that won't move out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No joke, for 9 days now I've had this horrid strange headache. Feels like my eyes are being pushed in and out at the same time, feels like an icepick is hammering at my left temple, a inch wide headache band is wrapped over the top of my head, just on the top, my eyes feel thick, and when i crinkle my forehead , oh the pain at the top of my head.

Nine days now and nothing relieves it. Is anyone else dealing with this? Im Southern Indiana, Illinois side. Maybe something is going around but I've heard no one else bring anything up. I just want my brain back. So miserable.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Imma try to read some ats and get my mind off my mind.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Im only qualified to encourage you to go get help. So, do it. Seek medical attention...asap.

Do not ignore thinking its nothing....thats a long time for one, and with the temples hurting (thats the brain area rt?)...it could be tension, migraine even a stroke...but the duration and intensity is worrisome.

Please...Im in ER response and treatment/transport. GO.

MS
EMT/ERT
Advanced Life Support

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

First off, seek medical attention. You have something very wrong in your skull if you have had a terrible headache for weeks.

I took a magnesuim supplement to get rid of my recurrent migraines.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

GO TO DOCTOR, Just in case. If it is sinus issues then this works for me:

Sounds like massive sinus pressure. I have had it so bad that I used to push my eye in to relieve the pressure.

The best solution I have found is "hot vicks coffee cup".

Boil some water, get a ceramic coffee cup that you will never use again (as the vicks never comes out, keep it as a permanent vicks cup).

Scrape some vicks out with a butterknife and place in cup. Pour hot water over it, remove the butterknife. Fill to half or so

Now get some paper towels to wrap around the cup, overlapping the top to make a tent.

Breath in vicks / steam. Once the cup cools enough, place hot cup on temples, between the eyes, and in front of ear on face if you have your ear tubes clogged up. The heat equalizes the pressure and sometimes breaks the clog.

Also, on the side of nose / cheek.

Be careful, it is hot so use the paper towels over the cup until the cup is cool enough to place directly on face.
edit on 20-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
No joke, for 9 days now I've had this horrid strange headache. Feels like my eyes are being pushed in and out at the same time, feels like an icepick is hammering at my left temple, a inch wide headache band is wrapped over the top of my head, just on the top, my eyes feel thick, and when i crinkle my forehead , oh the pain at the top of my head.

Nine days now and nothing relieves it. Is anyone else dealing with this? Im Southern Indiana, Illinois side. Maybe something is going around but I've heard no one else bring anything up. I just want my brain back. So miserable.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Imma try to read some ats and get my mind off my mind.

Don't be a fool, go see a doctor. Posting here about this is the last thing you should be doing.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

migraine

go to the ER and they will give you a shot of toradol or imitrex and you will feel better in 5 minutes

ive had to do that before

when i feel a headache coming on strong coffee usually helps....

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would go see a doctor, not the internet, that's too long for a headache.

What is your daily water intake?

I get wicked dehydration headaches.

Personally, my internet prescription is 4 glasses of ice water per day, and get some salt on your food, so you don't dilute your sodium levels too much with the water.

The eye thing makes me think you have a blood pressure issue, so I wouldn't f around, if it continues any longer.

If you don't have insurance, you can go to a Walgreens and do a BP test for free to rule out BP issues.

You could have a ruptured blood vessel in you brain, so don't die, ask a doctor if it persists after hydrating.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Given the length of the headache you need to get clearance from a doctor to make sure that you do not have an impending Neurological issue!

Assuming that is not the case, I would recommend finding yourself a cranial sacral massage therapistor a Myofascial release therapist , both of these systems of therapy are overlooked by Western Medicine and could get to the root of the problem that you are dealing with.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531pmSaturday2 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Absolutely go see a doc ASAP!

If they decide it's migraines, ask about Maxalt melt-aways. Gets rid of them in about 20 min for people other things don't work for like imatrex. No nausea, no feeling dopey. The s#it saved my butt.

Seriously, 9 days makes this VERY serious!!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

definitely on the long side but not unheard of

migraines can last several days on the reg my friend

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Cut all artificial sweeteners out of your diet.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Cluster Headaches. A friend of mine gets them. Cluster headaches are documented as the worst pain suffered to a human being.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What's your diet like? I had a month long nagging ache that a big bag of potato chips cured. Turned out when I looked at my salt consumption, I was getting about a third of what I needed. It was like my brain was dried out....

Rule that out though, if you do eat enough salt, or stuff salt would be in.
Cut out processed sugar, eat some gingery foods, omega 3 type foods. Walnuts, sardines....

And definitely see a doctor, that sounds like a really painful headache you've got going..

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This happened to me and when i went to the doctor, he told me it was something called rebound headaches, which basically are headaches that won't go away because i kept taking advil and tylenol. Just told me to stop taking all meds and suffer through it, and sure enough it went away.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

All I know is this: I have had migraines for most of my life, anytime a migraine lasts for more than 72 hours, it is considered a medical emergency and worth the ER trip. This is because a migraine alters the blood flood and pressure in your brain and the longer it lasts, the higher your risk of stroke.

I don't know if that's what's happening to you, but I would seek medical help right away.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sounds like a possible upper sinus infection.
Get help

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

All I know is this: I have had migraines for most of my life, anytime a migraine lasts for more than 72 hours, it is considered a medical emergency and worth the ER trip. This is because a migraine alters the blood flood and pressure in your brain and the longer it lasts, the higher your risk of stroke.

I don't know if that's what's happening to you, but I would seek medical help right away.

me too. my mother. grandmother. uncle.
its terrible

ever give yourself imitrex shots?
i used to have to go to the ER but now i have shots.

imo imitrex is one of the best medications there is.
ive been on lots of things over the years for this or that and some work and some dont.
that imitrex is a life saver....for sure

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Sounds like a possible upper sinus infection.
Get help

Was going to say the same.

1. Seek help.
2. Make sure you're hydrated
3. If nothing serious is found be sure to take a something for inflammation like Turmeric or Ginger or Garlic and maybe some Magmind.

Only with a doc's okay.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have mine well controlled now, but every so often, I still get one that not even the triptans will work on. Those I take to the ER.

I usually take Zomig because the quick release stuff like the injections feels nasty (not the discomfort of the shot but the side effects) and it doesn't last long enough. Zomig may take longer to kick in, but it also lasts a bit longer and does a better job.

I also have a rescue injector for when I need it.

But occasionally, I get the ones that just. won't. quit.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sounds a little like a sulfite or nitrite headache to me. The popcorn headache is a dull one. Sinus headaches can be sharp once in a while. A milk headache is not real sharp either. There can be three types of headaches from milk but they are not usually sharp.

For the sulfite or nitrate headache, you can take a molybdenum supplement, a couple of hundred percent of RDA can help many times. Too much nitrogen or sulfur foods can cause these, they both have about the same kind of pain. If you do not have the supplements, then you can eat some cheerios with just a little milk or cream of wheat cereal. Wheat germ or oats have some of this mineral.

If it is a popcorn headache, two tablespoons of pickle juice or about a tablespoon of applecider vinegar and some sugar in some water might help.

For a sinus headache, foods containing bromelaine work well, or similar proteinases. So buy a fresh pineapple, or just drink a couple of beers, beers use bromelaine or papain to keep the beer from clouding up when cold. Also eating a mint may help a bit, or a cup of coffee because they contain methyl.

For the milk or dairy headache, bromelain works really good too. Fresh pineapple or a half a grapefruit have a lot of proteinase in them. One ring of fresh pineapple will get rid of that headache. These proteinases are heat liable, they usually get destroyed at between one twenty and one sixty degrees. So Pasturized juices do not have hardly any left.

Another type of headache is the common headache, one regular aspirin takes care of those for me. Tylenol does nothing for me. Ibuprofin works for pain but does nothing for my headaches.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join