It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone see the artificial womb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
this is crazy # man...

www.theverge.com...

Inside what look like oversized ziplock bags strewn with tubes of blood and fluid, eight fetal lambs continued to develop — much like they would have inside their mothers. Over four weeks, their lungs and brains grew, they sprouted wool, opened their eyes, wriggled around, and learned to swallow, according to a new study that takes the first step toward an artificial womb. One day, this device could help to bring premature human babies to term outside the uterus — but right now, it has only been tested on sheep

we are living in crazy times.....

do you think breakthroughs like this will be a benefit to humanity?

of course it sounds like it....saving premature babies...cant be a bad thing right?

what will that do to the population?

very interesting

The Biobag may not look much like a womb, but it contains the same key parts: a clear plastic bag that encloses the fetal lamb and protects it from the outside world, like the uterus would; an electrolyte solution that bathes the lamb similarly to the amniotic fluid in the uterus; and a way for the fetus to circulate its blood and exchange carbon dioxide for oxygen.

edit on 20-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

need to remix this to say bio bag instead

hahahahahah

oh....sweep the leg

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have a close friend who had to have a hysterectomy in her early twenties and never had any children. Before they finally had to remove her uterus, she had miscarried more than twenty times. But she still has her ovaries, which are not damaged, so she can make babies. She just can't carry them. This would be a blessing for women like that.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I have a close friend who had to have a hysterectomy in her early twenties and never had any children. Before they finally had to remove her uterus, she had miscarried more than twenty times. But she still has her ovaries, which are not damaged, so she can make babies. She just can't carry them. This would be a blessing for women like that.

totally agreed.
on the micro level i can see people like your friend taking advantage of medical tech like this.

im trying to think both ways too.

on the macro scale if we start adding up the amount of people like your friend that cant carry to term then that would add a huge number of people to the planet.

personally i say have at it...nothing to do with me in the grand scheme of things....
there are people though that believe in the gods will bull# and if they were meant to have kids they would and blah blah...

im selfish though. i know at some point the planet will probably not be able to sustain all the people. truth be told i dont care about that.
as long as it sustains for the duration of my daughters life then im good.

i can see these arguments/debates happening though.

really no different than any other medical advancement though.

lot more people alive today because of soap and vaccines....the planet is still here.

there is a bizzaro factor to this womb though

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
after world war 3 breaks out someday and the rich need workers. This would be the solution for them in space.

After the rich leave earth to rot.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Of course any new technology or breakthrough is viewed with suspicion but I hope the applications are restricted to helping people have children and saving preemies.

And super soldiers. Tons of super soldiers.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

screw preemies...

storm troopers and universal soldiers are all that matters

we could have a yuge army

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

screw premies...

Tremendous! The bigliest army in the world, you're gonna love it, believe me.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

screw premies...

Tremendous! The bigliest army in the world, you're gonna love it, believe me.

hahahahaah
theyre gonna be so beautiful.
gonna prime the yuge pump.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't think we'll see any kind of population explosion unless they make it available to everyone. That might end up in the future being the preferred method of reproduction, but most people will not be able to cover the expense of something like this. I imagine they'll price it up there with IVF, which will limit its availability to the wealthy, just like it is right now.

The cost factor of fertility medicine in general is something that I find disturbing, with regard to population. If reproductive technology is only made available to a certain demographic of people, it ensures that only that group is going to have the best chance at producing future generations, because they have babies under conditions that the average parents are not offered the benefit of.

That's pretty unsettling if you believe that an elite cabal who have an obsession with royal bloodlines and DNA and population control are calling the shots in our healthcare system, along with pretty much everything else. It's brilliant, really. Let the unworthy kill off their own bloodlines by denying them access to the very best medical intervention...and call it "natural selection".

Meanwhile, create conditions where disease, abnormalities and severe defects are detected before they ever manifest, and can be corrected in utero. The sex of the fetus, the DNA...those things can be cherry picked and cultivated. So can the number of fetuses. They can create the "optimal" fetus. Now, they've got the means to grow them in an environment that is quite literally safer than a mother's womb. They could make an entire population all by themselves with that technology.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

thats a great post.
you make very good points

lemmings like myself will never be able to afford the bag....
im going to have to think on this for a while

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It will be soon possible to grow the egg cells and the sperm cells from the skin cells. Combined with artificial womb it will provide solution for breeding without female participation. I can't wait for religious outrage lmao.
edit on 20-5-2017 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
I can't wait for religious outrage lmao.

thats going to be the best part of the bio bag....

not only do we libs murder babies we make em in a bag

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

This may sound callous but there's already too many humans on the planet thanks to us finding ways to beat mother nature, now we have another loop hole to get around mother natures population control tactics.

There's currently 7.5 BILLION humans on this planet with more being added every second, there's twice as many births as there are deaths.

We don't need to exponentially increase population we need ways to limit it because otherwise we're going make the planet uninhabitable and then there'll be ZERO humans

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Is there any way we can implant this into men who piss and moan about their girlfriends getting abortions? You want the kid then you have the kid.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
earth is overcrowded.. but i can see this in use of wealthy ppl who in vanity want to brag and post pictures in their instagram ( when ever they visit their coming offspring").. using their selfie sticks

Well.. hmm

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
lets just say the tech gets better and rich people can actually get this going on

imagine how #in creepy it would be to see the progression of your fetus's development?

gonna be posting pics of the clump at 6 weeks gestation on insta

in 25 years ultrasounds are going to seem primitive

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
next step: borg maturation chambers

top topics

join