It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite Alien or Conspiracy Movies?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My favorite alien song is Children of the Sun
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The echelon conspiracy was pretty good.
Paul would be another.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: alomaha

Logan's Run

Mostly for Jenny Agutter.

Oh that is one of my favorites! Loved that movie.
here's the trailer for it

edit on 14-6-2017 by luckskywatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Watched this last night with my son. Actually quite good.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FreedomFighter37

after that it's styx come sail away

here are both.

and for the ultimate see my sig and listen this

edit on 16-6-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

then you have to think about "Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage" on Farewell to Kings

then Hemispheres

one more edit,
even though it's not alien or space it's still sci fi and you can't forget rick wakeman's of YES
Voyage to the center of the earth.

and here is Yes Star Ship Trooper

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The McPherson tape or Incident in Lake County was a great "found footage" alien movie made before found footage films were a thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Fire in the Sky, Close Encounters of the Third Kind

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The best for me would have to be Close Encounters. There's a few others I like but it looks like they've been mentioned here already.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
A good short about a more likely alien encounter.

edit on 17-6-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
When I was real little I snuck into the living room while my parents were watching The Day of the Triffids and it scared the sh*t out of me.

And of course Jacob's Ladder is a good one too...

edit on 17-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
"Quatermas 2" has both the alien and conspiracy elements to it. "Quatermas and the Pit" is my favourite alien film though,, still stands up today.

For straight up "conspiracy films" ..."The Banshee Chapter" is well worth a watch.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FireMoon

the quartermaster and the pit is a name that sticks in my head, i know i watched it when i was a wee guy, but i can't remember anything about it, i will need to watch it to see if i notice things about it... cheers!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Notably0ffbeat

Cloverfield is life.

X-Files; the first movie. Really good. The X-Files started me on the path of Conspiracy Theories and Alien research. So, the show, and the movies, will always have a place in my heart.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
I am doing this thread for a selfish reason.... i want new stuff to watch.

Hey i'm glad you are thinking of yourself lol because I love finding new alien movies to watch!

secondly... The Fourth Kind, now this flick made me afraid, actual 10 year old boy afraid lol, and i didn't have the internet when i first watched it, so i couldn't find a good debunker to put my mind at ease, still some mysterious events of this "true" story.
gomovies.es...

THIS movie scared you? Really? I saw this with my fellow alien loving friend in theaters and he teases me to this day for cursing the movie out at the end. I hated it. It did not scare me i annoyed me. I didn't see a single alien in a movie about alien abduction. I wanted to see aliens.

I also hated the whole "true" story angle. None of it was true, not a shred of it. I think I even made a thread on it here when it came out. The only thing true about Nome is people disappearing but that is due to drunks and the snow! True story. This movie is always coming up in my Netflix suggestions and I curse it! I CURSE IT! IF they had given me some aliens I would have probably enjoyed it more. It honestly takes a lot to scare me in a movie.

thirdly...They Live, this one is as retro as they get, and i almost gave in after 10 mins, but it turns out to be a great movie that makes you think, and after a while the retroness makes the movie all the better.
moviesfoundonline.com...

Oh this is a CLASSIC! I was a teenager when I watched this the first time and it scared me half to death. I remember wondering if THEY actually LIVED and I would look at people and honestly wonder if they were human. LOL Still do!

My favorite alien style movie is one many don't like, "Signs" I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! I love to watch it at night especially if it's raining. I've seen it a million times (exaggerating) and it still gives me the chills. I like the whole premise and everything. People love to trash it because why would aliens come to a planet full of water. Well how would the aliens know what they are immune to and not immune to on EVERY planet? I loved the signs throughout the movie, like the little girl with the water all over. I loved that movie for so many reasons. I saw it in theaters and the birthday scene where the alien walks out of the trees made me jump so high I dropped my popcorn and spilled my soda. The old lady next to me after that kept asking if I was ok. THAT scene is the best! It still elicits chills from me. My boyfriend when we got together on our first solo date hanging out he put on SIGNS! He said it was one of his favorite movies. I knew right then he was the one!

For whatever reason I also liked "War of The Worlds" yes the Tom Cruise one, don't judge. Something about that movie spooked me the heck out! Big time.

Edit to add.... I see you linked to gomovies! HA I just found this site maybe a month ago and I LOVE it! I have enjoyed it throughly the last month. I pop on a new movie every night on my laptop.

edit on 6/25/2017 by mblahnikluver because: added some stuff

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: Davg80
For an alien movie, you've probably seen it, but I really liked Signs, I love all of his movies.
IMDB Link

For conspiracy there's nothing like the Manchurian Candidate. Original and remake are both very good.

Yay someone who loves "Signs." People give me a hard time for liking or loving this movie. I love all of his movies too although a few disappointed me at the end, I still enjoy his work. "Signs" is my favorite of his though.

Since you seem to like M. Night Shamalmamacan'tspell his name, have you ever seen the documentary on him? I don't know if it was true or not. It was quite interesting. It was about him and his life and how his movies are part of his life and things in his life that happened to him. It was basically saying he is some kind of shaman or something like that and that his personal experiences and movies are him. I remember something about him drowning in a pond and a watch. They interviewed people he knew and worked with. I don't remember for the life of me where I saw this (it was many years ago probably when Signs came out) but I have looked for it for years. I want to research it and see if it was a real documentary or if it was just done for fun because it was like a conspiracy of sorts ON him.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

"Fire In The Sky." This movie still scares me 20 years later. The Snowflake, AZ area is very mystical, and IMO D.B. Sweeny that plays the lead is an under-rated actor.

DB Sweeney is an amazing actor! I have always liked him and wondered why he didn't get many roles in Hollywood. He was EXCELLENT in "Fire in The Sky." That movie still creeps me out to this day.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Some (short) tv-series or movies are worth watching.

The Andromeda strain..the 1971 movie and the 2008 tv-series
The crazies (1973 and 2010 remake).
The Mist is an other great movie ..a new version will be released this or next year.

I love all of those movies. The Mist is a rare Stephen King horror movie that I liked. Most stink, with an exception to Carrier (original) and Salem's Lot.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucidclouds
a reply to: Qudrelth

If you liked take shelter then I would definitely recommend Midnight Special.

I LOVED those two movies!!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Manchurian Candidate and Prometheus are both good, too.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Box was one of the weirdest alien movies but I really liked it. Stars Frank Langella, James Marsden and Cameron Diaz. Weird, weird movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join